Fire Matt Schaub

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by eriadoc, Nov 30, 2009.

1. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

After his comments today, I'm a lot less inclined to tolerate his weak arm, boneheaded ill-timed decisions, and lack of clutch. He can kiss my ass and GTFO of Houston. He's a glorified backup that puts up a ton of worthless stats. He may pass for the most worthless 4000 yards in the history on the NFL this season.

2. TexCanada

TexCanada Hall of Fame

Who would you rather have at QB? Schaub is our best option and people are blowing this out of proportion.

3. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

Draft his replacement and start grooming him. Maybe we can fleece someone for a couple draft picks in a year or two.

As for "blowing it out of proportion", these guys are millionaires that get paid to play a child's game. Those of us that work in the real world and struggle to scratch out a life for ourselves don't care to hear some prima donna athlete tell us what to do with our discretionary income. It's not being blown out of proportion at all. If anything, the fact that he's so freakin' clueless and out of touch with normal people is being downplayed.

4. houstonspartan

houstonspartan Hall of Fame

Agree. I'm a season ticket holder, and yes, I think Matt should have picked different wording, but let's not burn down the house. Trust me, going to those games is not cheap. But I think this is being blown up just a little bit.

And, QB's are hard to come by, and a QB with Matt's potential is damn near impossible.

That doesn't excuse what he said, of course. He should apologize to the fans and remember that we're not all millionares, and he should be happy we show up for the games at all.

5. redwhiteANDblue

redwhiteANDblue Color of Texans

Hey man calm down! Yeah he has no physical gifts as a QB but using his comments as a reason to fire him is ridiculous! All he said was stick with us, he never blamed the loss on the fan or anything offensive. Come on you guys! Some people are over reacting here.

6. Norg

Norg -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

what did he say ???

and no to fireing matty

7. Sal Rosenberg

Sal Rosenberg All Pro

Why do Houston fans leave early?I mean in all sports(maybe not the Astros games).I guess the Texan fans would stay if we were in the playoffs unlike the Rockets fans.I had to put that out there.Boo to his comments though.

8. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

You know, that's what gets to me the most. It's the sense of entitlement. It's bad when you see a sense of entitlement on anyone, but even worse when it's a millionaire.

9. DiehardChris

DiehardChris You betcha!

When you listen to exactly what he said, it's not really that bad at all. If you just read the excerpt, it's kind of taken out of context. There's a whole thread about it already.

10. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

I listened to exactly what he said. Also, if you read my post in the other thread, I let my wife listen to it completely blind, to see what her unbiased reaction was. She's a fan of Schaub, and she started yelling at the computer.

I do not feel the need to defend a millionaire. I also do not understand how people can listen to a prima donna millionaire tell them what to do with their discretionary income.

11. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

Draft Colt!

All he does is win baby!

:chef:

12. Norg

Norg -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

I think St louis will want COlt mcoy

and they prob wont let us take there spot

13. stingray

stingray Hall of Fame

Another emotional thread...

14. LonerATO

LonerATO Hall of Fame

Why would the Rams want Colt when they could choose from Clausen, Locker or Mallet? Unless its uncapped year they still have Bulger for another year or two. Colt fits the Denver/KC style offense anyways and most people have Bradford about McCoy. McCoy is a great college QB.

15. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

football is a game of emotion :potkettle:

16. drewmar74

drewmar74 disgruntled

At least he can still get emotional about it.

Me, not so much. Kinda numb.

17. New_Texans

New_Texans All Pro

Fire Gary Kubiak.

Keep Schaub, draft Ponder (who will be a 2nd-4rd rounder due to his injury) to groom for a few years--draft another WR to compliment AJ (who will be 30 soon) and draft a power running back.

18. Big Lou

Big Lou Stop Clowning

Yeh fire the bum, this team is used to better QBing. I mean only 3200+ yards, 67.8% completion, and 21 TD's/11 picks. There are at least 5 other QB's in the NFL with stats better than those, oh wait they're all under contract for like 15 more years.

19. stingray

stingray Hall of Fame

yeah, but usually these threads pop up on sundays, but on a monday night? Usually you want your Qb replaced because he has been playing like crap for awhile. But because he said something that some people misconstrued? Especially when a good Qb is harder to find than a good and honest mechanic.

20. silvrhand

silvrhand Site Contributor

Yah stats tell the whole story.. seriously people need to look beyond the stats.