FIRE Casserly Riot!

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by SESupergenius, Oct 10, 2005.

1. If Capers gets a Fire Club sticky, I think the Riots over Casserly needing to be fired should be one too. I'll start it, I've even made an avatar.

Thing is, all this was pointed out well before the 1st down of preseason, so really, how much of this is on Capers?? We knew well before hand that our defense was going to suffer, that our offensive line didn't change for the better, and that our system is just arcaic.

All aboard!!!!!

2. texan279

texan279 Hall of Fame

LOL. Hey SES, you mind if I use your avatar?

3. texan279

texan279 Hall of Fame

Can I use your also?

4. HardKnockTexan

HardKnockTexan All Pro

There's not enough room for the Avators for all the clubs I need to join!

5. HAve at it, they are all open source and free!

6. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

I'm not ready to give up on Charlie Casserly. He's one of the more respected GMs in the NFL, and he is an expert on salary cap management.

I say we replace the coaching staff, and if certain trends continue, then perhaps CC will be the next target of our wrath.

But Casserly doesn't coach or call plays, and that is where the root of our problem is, IMO.

7. CowboysTexansFan

CowboysTexansFan Veteran

I'm on board with the club, though I wish I could join the fire Capers one as well.

It's time for Charley ("Heath Shuler") Casserly to get the boot.

The coaching is horrible, but so is the talent. That's all on Casserly.

8. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

Good concept (I think we should fire them all and start it all over myself)...but they will both come down tonight (as far as stickies)...I was going to take down the other one today sometime anyhoo fwiw

9. CowboysTexansFan

CowboysTexansFan Veteran

Why are you going to take them down?

10. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

ugh...people...they wont go away. They just won't be stuck to the top of this place.

11. AlexVanderpool

AlexVanderpool Veteran

Im down for the riot as well, and will put optimus on hold for the riot avatar.

12. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

SES I'm saving your avatar to my "folder-o-kick-butt-avatars". That one is a winner!

13. OzzO

OzzO .. and then?

I'm with ya on that view DB... can't quite be against Casserly yet, I guess mainly as I've heard more positive things about him prior to Texans and the respect he has from multiple sources. Capers, eh - not so much.

14. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

Get those refineries ready for full production, the front office may go up in a blaze of futility with the amount of gasoline we are pouring on this train wreck.

15. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

I am not taking a stance on Casserly just yet. I do find it amusing, however, that people keep mentioning Heath Shuler in connection to Casserly. You do know that, in addition to Shuler, he also picked eight of the starters on defense for that Redskins SB team, right? As far as the Redskins should be concerned, he hit more than he missed.

For OUR team, which is all I am concerned about, his track record is not so great yet. I don't know enough just yet to responsibly claim that Casserly is the problem. I do know that we drafted players that other teams showed just as much interest in - yet we've failed to develop them. If that happens a couple times, you say the player was a bust. If it happens consistently, you have to start looking at development through coaching.

16. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

I am more for this than the Capers thing. That is why I put Casserly on the right of my avatar as the "dumber".

17. Exascor

Exascor Hall of Fame

I'm on the fence on this one. I don't think Casserly is to blame for as much as fans think he's responsible for. I do think he's responsible for some risky moves like drafting Ragone when we had much more pressing needs for a 1st day pick. The Henson deal ended up netting a 3rd so it evens out somewhat. If Casserly is directly responsible for pulling the Babin or the Buchanon trades then he needs to go. I just don't think he was.

Either way, you won't find me shedding a tear if Casserly loses his job. We need a change and no change could be too big for this club.

18. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

Man yall need to be at the games with these signs. The front office needs to know that losing will not be acceptable.

19. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

You know you also got to remember that guys like Kenny Wright were let go. That dude is starting in Jville and was a more than serviceable back up that could've been a great starter.

20. exclude

exclude Veteran

...And of course other guys like Marlon Mcree, who had 2 INTs this week, Steve Foley, James Posey yadda yadda yadda yadda..