FIRE BILL O'BRIEN NOW!!!

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Carr Bombed, Sep 16, 2018.

1. santo

santo Hall of Fame

This is the kind of stuff he can't get away with in the playoffs. Guys like Tomlin and Belichick will take advantage of it.

TexansBull likes this.
  2. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

The Texans won... if they keep doing that through the playoffs I'm good with that

bigmck, thunderkyss, Texazan and 2 others like this.
  3. Seegara

Seegara Hall of Fame

I didn't care how the Astros did in the World Series as long as they won the last game. Nor do I care about the Toros' record in the post season, as long as they win the last game.

4. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

If you're going to quote numbers to support your argument you might want to make sure they are accurate. The Texans average 25.2 per game, good for 12th in a league of 32. Hardly terrible.

Beyond that, the goal of the game is to win, not score a ton of points. What good does it do to light up the scoreboard if the defense sucks? The Texans are employing a ball control offense to keep the opposing team on the bench, keep the D fresh, and keep Watson healthy. It's working. Go with it instead of complaining about lack of points.

5. Texecutioner

Texecutioner Hall of Fame

Mike Tomlin will? :spit:

He's one of the dumbest coaches in the league. Go talk to Steelers fans and they'll tell you.

ATXtexanfan and steelbtexan like this.
  6. TexansBull

TexansBull Hall of Fame

But is he dumber than our head coach?

Corrosion, ATXtexanfan and santo like this.
  7. TheKDog

TheKDog Hall of Fame

You need to take off the 21 points the defense scored. Plus several more scores in overtime or where the defense forced a turnover in opponent redzone.

8. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

SMH, How many overtime games have they played and have you look into other stats from other teams that you seem to be infatuated with how other teams offenses are doing.

I'm excited to see how Gaine fixes the OL/CB issues next offseason.

9. Texecutioner

Texecutioner Hall of Fame

Yes, I would say so. Tomlin has had more than his fair share of huge screw ups in the playoffs with so many stacked teams. His locker room every season gets out of control at some point. OB worries me though as well.

thunderkyss and ATXtexanfan like this.
  10. sandman

sandman Brexit Advisor

With your DVOA is the only stat that matters and these histrionics, you’re just trying to find something to complain about.

“Or where the defense forces a turnover in opponents red zone”

C’mon man. You’re trying too hard.

NitroGSXR, Mr teX, Texas Jake and 2 others like this.

11. ATXtexanfan

ATXtexanfan Site Contributor

Does anyone really believe in OB during the playoffs? Show of hands

12. sandman

sandman Brexit Advisor

Sincerely,

Andy Reid

13. Max

Max All Pro

I don't believe in BOB during the playoffs but I didn't believe in him to go on a 9 run streak after 0-3 either. Every Texans game I watch, I fully expect them to crap the bed and find a way to lose because of how much I don't trust BOB, but the team keeps winning despite my misgivings. For now, I've got a lot more trust in Watson and BOB riding his coattails on a playoff run. But I'm starting to get used to expecting us to crap the bed but winning anyways.

14. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

I don't care for OB … Don't know what to make of Gaine yet , kinda irritated with the way he went into the season so thin in the defensive backfield … and the OL could have used more attention. Have to realize that you cant fix everything in one offseason ….

Wait and see on Gaine.

ObsiWan, thunderkyss and steelbtexan like this.
  15. Rich Schmidt

Rich Schmidt Myopicone

marvin lewis says hold my beer (0-7) Heck even Dungy is just 9-10

Mr teX likes this.
  16. Mangler

Mangler Hall of Fame

Drink all the kool-aid you want. If anyone deserves “coach of the year” accolades, it should be Romeo Crennel. He turned our defense back in the top 10. (Arguably) The offensive line coach should also be given some credit. O’Brien’s ass will be saved by them and Watson once again.

thunderkyss likes this.
  17. Rich Schmidt

Rich Schmidt Myopicone

I aint no BOB apoligist or lover, but have to slightly disagree. This season, the rookies made a difference so thanks to Gaine. The special teams are a LOT better and I dare say won some games, so thanks to the skill focus by Gaine and coaching by Seely. And as much as we may not like it, Bill's ball control long drives help Romeo and the defense stay rested and have to play less. It does take time to kick 5 field goals and a TD as an example, check out the TOP. I do think DW4 is more responsible for making plays to keep these drives going then the great play calls. So I think no matter what we think, the top guy deserves some credit for running the overall ship. Again, get a OC so you can get better at game management boss

thunderkyss and FuzzyLogic like this.
  18. Shishkabob

Shishkabob Hall of Fame

So if the team does bad it's all on O'Brien, but if the team does good it's just O'Brien being saved by everyone else around him? Some of yall are truly ignorant in your blind hate

19. maverick512000

maverick512000 Veteran

But you see that doesn't matter, everyone is quick to hang the HC when the team sucks and say it doesn't matter who is to blame the buck stops with the HC. Ok fine but if the HC is going to get the blame for everything wrong then you have to give them credit for all the things that are right. It's true Crennel has made the Texan's D something to be feared again but he couldn't have done that if BoB hadn't given him the freedom to make the changes he felt needed to be made.

The leader of anything doesn't has to be the smartest guy in the room or know everything about everything he just has to get the best people possible for whatever job, give those people what they need to do the job, then give them enough slack in the reigns to do what they were hired to do. For the most part BoB seems to do that; not saying he's perfect as God knows I hate that "both HC and OC" BS and at times he tries to shoe horn Watson into being the type of QB BoB wants him to be instead of what he is. Overall though we are on a 9 game win streak and are the betting favorites for 3rd seed spot, if just a couple of stars align we could be 2nd or even 1st seed. If you can look at that and still think that everything BoB is doing is wrong then yeah you are just hating to hate.

20. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Here's what's funny, just above Corrosion posted about the lack of depth in the defensive backfield. The DB corps isn't top 10 but for the 1st time in franchise history they are getting all pro safety play from Mathieu/Reid and that shows the importance of great safety play. (Thanks Gaine) I cant believe that position
    was neglected for so long. That and the neglect of the ST's should have been what got the previous GM fired because they were easy fixes.

Good times are ahead man, lets enjoy the ride instead of bickering over the mundane should a HC on a 9 game winning streak be fired. I cant wait to see when the Texans lose another game this yr and they will lose another game this yr the reaction from the mob who didn't want BOB here to begin with simply because he wasn't Kubiak and since Kubiak got a raw deal from Tricky Ricky it wouldn't have really mattered who the next HC was a large part of the fanbase wouldn't have liked him.

People who loved Kubiak and the ZBS are particularly salty because the EP offense and BOB personality wise are night/day different. But BOB/Kubiak are a whole lot alike when it comes to the coaching philosophy of get a lead and milk the clock. You can do this against teams like the Browns. Not so much against teams like the Pats/Chiefs/Steelers.

FuzzyLogic, OptimisticTexan and JB like this.