Support Texans Talk as a Monthly Donor

Wish to make a one time donation? Make it here.

FIRE BILL O'BRIEN NOW!!!

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Carr Bombed, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Speedy

Speedy Yeller Dweller

Disagree. That whole thing was a mess of total indecision. Couldn’t decide whether to challenge, couldn’t decide whether to go for it or not.

The TO was called because the play clock was running low by the time they decided to go for it, like they ALWAYS do, then once the TO was called he decides to go ahead and challenge. Which he lost, so he loses another TO.

The IQ just doesn’t seem to be there with this guy. And it has to be his job because he has ALL the freaking jobs.

ROO, Texansballer74, JCTexan and 2 others like this.
  2. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

With the anvil that was RS.

CWTexansFan likes this.
  3. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

If this is the worst mistake that BOB makes this yr, then the Texans org is in good hands.

CWTexansFan and Rich Schmidt like this.
  4. Speedy

Speedy Yeller Dweller

So far OB has traded a 3rd for a backup RB, gave away a Pro-Bowl edge guy for a 3rd and 2 scrubs, gave up two 1st and a 2nd for LT, and a 3rd/4th WR, and signed Nick freaking Martin to where he’s the 2nd highest paid C in the NFL.

That’s all with everyone gone, no Rick Smith to blame, no Brian Gaine to blame, it’s all him. You think the org is in good hands with all of that?

You’re right, if the TO/challenge thing is the worst thing he does, then things would be great. Problem is, there is worse. There’s plenty of worse.

5. Uncle Rico

Uncle Rico Pro BS'er

[​IMG]

ObsiWan and thunderkyss like this.
  6. TheKDog

TheKDog Hall of Fame

Tweet from @spotrac: The #Texans:

Are paying $7M of Jadeveon Clowney’s #Seahawks salary.

Are paying $7.5M to free agent Aaron Colvin.

Paid $2.25M to Matt Kalil for the summer.

Have 0 firsts and 1 second round draft picks over the next two years.

7. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

He gave up a 4th that probably will become a 3rd for one of the best 3rd down RB's in the NFL.

He gave up an extra 1st for Tunsil and a 2nd for Stills/2020 4th and a 2021 6th. A fair trade, IMHO

You're right RS isn't around to blame anymore and the mess he left behind will take 3 yrs to overcome.

The team finally has a vision. You may not agree with the vision BOB has but I'm finally glad that there's a vision. I like the new aggressive attitude. Not only the trades but things like cutting Colvin tells me times are changing down on Kirby and all I can say about this is it's about time.

CWTexansFan likes this.
  8. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Moving on and admitting mistakes that have been made is a huge and positive change. They do have Tunsil/an exta 3rd/extra 4th and a playmaker in Stills. A fair deal that filled a canyon size hole on the OL

CWTexansFan and Mr teX like this.
  9. Bugman7star

Bugman7star Veteran

Unless we lose every game I still feel like OB is going to be here at least another year. Since he traded away so much early round draft capital, he is going to have to make it up with free agents this upcoming Spring. I hope he can attract some solid players with deals that make sense based on the value of the player. It is going to be tough sledding if he doesn't.

10. Speedy

Speedy Yeller Dweller

Absolutely baffling how much you support OB given how you have constantly crushed ownership, and they're the ones giving OB everything he wants. You and "Cletus" appear to have something in common after all.

And if you think paying $16.75M to players that aren't even on the team this season is vision, along with everything else he's done, then you may need to schedule an appointment with Dr. Jeff Whitsett

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
    amazing80, Uncle Rico and santo like this.

Support Texans Talk as a Monthly Donor

Wish to make a one time donation? Make it here.

11. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

Do you like the vision of giving the worst center on the team an extension worth $33 mil and $18.33 mil guaranteed?
    I'm all for cutting bait with players that aren't contributing according to their status, but why reward one for lousy play and being continuously injured?

12. Scooter

Scooter Funky

Lol, O'Brien could go winless this season and you would just be happy that we set a new sacks record without Rick Smith. Pretty sure it 5 against a weak defense (missing several linemen to injury and suspension), Tunsil getting one by simply not being quick enough to handle a good jump. MrTex I understand, he's creepy for O'Brien ... you've gotten desperate trying to defend him though.

santo likes this.
  13. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

I can't figure out what your issues are.

They're paying 16 mil, so what, they have the cap space and it's not going to affect the franchise going forward.

You would think BOB's spending your money to clean up this mess if you didn't know better. They took a flier on Kalil, didn't want Clowney on the team anymore and rightfully moved on from Gaine's Colvin mistake.

CWTexansFan likes this.
  14. mws

mws Rookie

One of the things that bothers me about O'Brian is how he evaluates talent. He went all the way through training camp thinking Colvin was a starting CB. Same way he thought Savage was a starting QB.

Now we are signing Martin to a big contract so when O'Brian finally figures out that he sucks it will cost us millions to cut him.

ROO and TheKDog like this.
  15. TheKDog

TheKDog Hall of Fame

He's used up all the capspace as well.

This team will be full of minimum guys and waiver wire pickups in the coming years

16. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

I agree with you and would've moved on from Martin

17. Speedy

Speedy Yeller Dweller

VALUE AND TALENT EVALUATION!!!!!!
    That's my damn issue! Bill O'Brien has no concept of either!!!

You're the one constantly bitching about them not spending money, but now you have no problem with them throwing it out the window? Get real.

ROO and DocBar like this.
  18. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Really, care to point out the teams with the most cap space in the NFL?

19. TheKDog

TheKDog Hall of Fame

I'm counting all the upcoming extensions, particularly Watson and Tunsil, and the fact that we won't have first round picks on cheap contracts

20. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Just because I like the new direction of the franchise, doesn't mean I like everything they do. See: the Martin extension and the handling of the Clowney situation.