FIRE BILL O'BRIEN NOW!!!

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Carr Bombed, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Mangler

Mangler Hall of Fame

Our weak secondary is what makes this schedule tough as hell. Although I can see Deshaun Watson saving Butt Chin’s arse, yet again.

2. thunderkyss

thunderkyss MVP

I
    So we ought to outscore Kubiak's best year by at least half a dozen ppg.

3. maverick512000

maverick512000 Hall of Fame

I'm not getting into the whole "BoB vs Kubiak" thing because frankly I don't care. Kubiak isn't here and hasn't been for 5 years now so to me it doesn't matter what he would have done with this team. As far as our scoring goes the thing is when the offense is healthy its actually really high scoring. We only saw what 4 games last year where we had Watson, Fuller, Nuk and Coutee all there and they were very high scoring games. Whether that is due to BoB or in spite of him I can't say. What I will say though is that BoB does not have a plan B. If those players are on the field yeah I think his scheme can work or at least they can ab lib it enough so its not noticed if it didn't work but if any piece of the puzzle is lost then the whole picture is ruined. That to me is his greatest weakness as a HC, well that and his keeping Devlin employed, he can't adapt to changes.

dream_team, steelbtexan and TheKDog like this.
  4. banned1976

banned1976 American

I don’t think BOB is a great HC, nor do I think he’s terrible. I was fully on-board his hiring and defended him for 3 years. But this guy hasn’t improved the offense past mediocre since day one. The defense has kept his coaching career alive (mainly by feasting on a weak division) here in Houston. So it would be fitting they have a down year and that’s what sent him packing.

If the Texans finish 3rd or last in the division, I sincerely believe O’Brien is gone.

TheKDog and Uncle Rico like this.
  5. Texecutioner

Texecutioner Hall of Fame

Weak division? They had one of the best last year. Two years ago the Jags were one of the best teams who were a Tom Brady drive away from the SB and the Titans were also in the playoffs if I'm not mistaken. They had a down year or two before that, yes. Calling it a weak division throughout OB's entire tenure is simply not true.

6. banned1976

banned1976 American

Just look at the QB’s the Texans defense faced in the AFC South over O’Briens tenure.

Ok, I’ll rephrase. Over the last 5 or 6 years the Texans defense has feasted off of crappie QB’s in the AFC South.

Either way, the message is the same.

7. Texecutioner

Texecutioner Hall of Fame

Well what about the QB's that OB had on his team as well? That same disadvantage was on his own team as well.

The division is only 6 games of the season any way which is just two games over a quarter of the season. They still had to play 10 games outside of the division. 9-7 is a pretty common record to have in order to make it to the playoffs each year for a wild card team.

8. KA4Texan

KA4Texan Clueless Wonder

I WISH I could hope and believe this were the last season of OB.
    [​IMG]

9. infantrycak

infantrycak Admin & Mod Staff Member

Anything large enough to call itself a dog self-corrects on this.

Try getting numbnut in that:[​IMG]
    Corrosion's dog with him:
    [​IMG]

steelbtexan likes this.
  10. KA4Texan

KA4Texan Clueless Wonder

I just thought it was a funny picture..of a goofy lookin dog dressed like Eeyore... not a statement on my dog preference.

11. Speedy

Speedy Yeller Dweller

It’s also 2 games less than half the season.

12. maverick512000

maverick512000 Hall of Fame

dog.jpg

steelbtexan likes this.
  13. austins23

austins23 Hall of Fame

OBrien is on Golic and Wingo now

14. austins23

austins23 Hall of Fame

He just said Kalil is/was having a great camp. Likes what he sees from Henderson. The usual stuff about the entire passing game being responsible for less sacks on Watson. WR's need to break hot when supposed to, not holding ball so long, etc. blah, blah, blah. Says Clowney will be there when he gets there. Says he hasn't talked to him. Really likes McKinney, says he doesn't get enough credit.

Said the joint practices should be televised. Watt going one on one with a OL, etc. Thought the one on one match ups would be fun for the fans to watch.

15. Uncle Rico

Uncle Rico Pro BS'er

thats what i hate man. i get it im not expecting the guy to blast off on his own players, but even the casual fan can see that Kalil IS NOT having a great camp or anything remotely close. EVERYONE who has eyes at practice and watched the preseason game see's that that dude is done. He cannot play NFL level LT for anybody in the league, same for Henderson, both those guys are horrible, and to compound matters they just gave Henderson a raise for this year!! Coming off an injury!! LOL

Mofo talking about hot reads and **** when the receiver has to run 20 yards before his first break LOL or his basic ass "you do a cross, you do a drag, you do a fly" mentality when it comes to route progressions and inventive way to align receivers etc... "need to break hot" LMAO.

this guy is such a joke!

amazing80 and Texansballer74 like this.
  16. austins23

austins23 Hall of Fame

Ya, I choked on my coffee a bit when I heard that.

17. IDEXAN

IDEXAN Hall of Fame

C'mon Unc you surely don't expect these coachs to say anything about their players on air that's not positive and supportive do you ? Gimme me a break.

18. Uncle Rico

Uncle Rico Pro BS'er

Gary Kubiak would tell the reporters that players were "struggling" or "battling" or any other of multitude of ways that let everyone know how he felt, but without offending the players or team. To blatantly lie about Kalil is just wrong on many levels and is OBrien saying "im smarter than you, and this is the way it is"

Does anybody here think that Matt Kalil is having a great camp??? Anything close to it? Why is it hard for the goddamn coach to say "yeah man he's having a hard time acclimating to the heat, or he's learning a new playbook, and we're hoping he can get up to speed" ETC ETC ETC BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

The man said Matt Kalil is having a great camp ID .. LOL!!!

thunderkyss likes this.
  19. TheKDog

TheKDog Hall of Fame

I honestly don't know if he is lying or if he truly believes Kalil is having a great camp. If Kalil continues to get the LT snaps I'd have to believe the latter.

CWTexansFan and steelbtexan like this.
  20. Uncle Rico

Uncle Rico Pro BS'er

Terrifying.