FIRE BILL O'BRIEN NOW!!!

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Carr Bombed, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

You act like we were out there getting lit up every game with no chance to win against winning teams. We do consistently challenge & the only game against a winning team you can say we were soundly defeated in last year was the 1st game of the season against the Pats. All the others we had chances to win or tie late and the on-field talent failed in 1 fashion or another. Whether it was the defense failing to stop Foles after we took the lead in Philly.............or JD Clowney jumping offsides against the Colts on a 3rd & 1 late...the games were there to be had. That's why the saying is "players make plays..." not "coaches make calls".

JB, steelbtexan and CWTexansFan like this.
  2. mws

mws Rookie

I can't argue with this. You are completely right. But this time I'll quote an actual football coach not a fictitious war hero so I won't offend anybody. "You are what your record says you are." – Bill Parcells. And our record under O'Brian against winning teams says that when we play an above 500 team there is a 70% chance that we will lose. Last year no matter how close we were we still lost 62% of the time (including playoffs).

Having said that I'm always optimistic at this time of year that it could change. It just gets harder & harder to believe that O'Brian is really a good coach that has had some bad breaks after 5 years of the same thing. I'll gladly be proved wrong though.

3. thunderkyss

thunderkyss MVP

A fictitious coach compared to a fictitious war time hero. Sounds about right to me.

4. TheMatrix31

TheMatrix31 Hall of Fame

Five years in and we're still dealing in moral victories.

Earl34 likes this.
  5. TheKDog

TheKDog Hall of Fame

Its ok, we consistently challenge

TheMatrix31 likes this.
  6. TheMatrix31

TheMatrix31 Hall of Fame

This year will be the year we don't get our assholes plunged in the playoffs after disgustingly underwhelming performances throughout the regular season! Honest!

TheKDog likes this.
  7. TheKDog

TheKDog Hall of Fame

One theme every year on offense is that the guys OBrien wants can be very strange picks and signings. Crennels defensive acquisitions tend to be more "textbook" or even "moneyball" in terms of value.

How can we be surprised after Obrien brought in Matt Khalil and Seantrel Henderson, for example? Or his only speed off-season? Or two nonblocking TEs last year?

Howard is no different. But I feel I would have loved him in the 2nd so maybe it works out.

8. maverick512000

maverick512000 All Pro

And both sucked when it counted most last year.

steelbtexan likes this.
  9. ArlingtonTexan

ArlingtonTexan Moderator Staff Member

10. TheKDog

TheKDog Hall of Fame

@evansilva

#Texans so fortunate to have luckboxed into Deshaun Watson being a hit. Not a well-run team.

gafftop likes this.

11. maverick512000

maverick512000 All Pro

I’ll be honest I find posts like this pointless. For every talking head out there saying one thing you can find another saying the exact opposite. It doesn’t prove or add anything to a discussion beyond showing that someone else has the same opinion you do.

CWTexansFan, Texas Jake and JB like this.
  12. TheKDog

TheKDog Hall of Fame

Can you really find a lot of talking heads saying the Texans are a well run franchise?

I think it's relevant to the thread and to the draft.

We just saw the Texans say they would take bpa, but after allegedly failing to trade up and take their guy, they panic and take the next OT. Then after a run of CBs they take the next CB.

And they add their 4th TE in two years.

And they can't figure out if rankin is a guard or ot.

This isn't new. We see crap like this every year.

gafftop likes this.
  13. gafftop

gafftop Hall of Fame

Is that because we will not be in the playoffs?

santo, powda and TheKDog like this.
  14. gafftop

gafftop Hall of Fame

With our brain trust they don't see things until it is TOO LATE.
    Last year
    OL bad
    WR weak and still depending on Fuller
    Secondary weak
    RB below average
    This year
    OL bad. Bad luck that Watson injured. Bull **** with our OL it will be a miracle if he isn't
    WR weak and still counting on Fuller and Coutee Bad luck they got hurt again. Bullshit what did you expect.
    RB is an issue again. Brain trust says "Don't know what happened" Miller hurt and lost a step. Bullshit
    Not trading Clowney this year ( Comes into camp out of shape and it takes 4 games to get game ready and then he has many minor no major injuries that affect his play this year ) Less value in trade next year plus after this season do they even dare franchise again. Bad luck says the Brains. Bullshit

Texans end up in lower quarter and we are told bad luck and injuries. BULLSHIT.

TexansFight likes this.
  15. santo

santo Hall of Fame

This draft hasn’t been exciting, especially since I saw Philly take two players I liked right before us. OB is untouchable. If these picks don’t pan out they’ll just get another GM to get aligned with the coach. :gun:

TheKDog and Earl34 like this.
  16. powda

powda Team BLEACH!

Ob's not going anywhere. He has a knack for grooming scapegoats. This year Devlin will be to blame. Next up? The new oc. That's assuming ofcourse he cant play the injury card.

TheKDog likes this.
  17. TexansBull

TexansBull Hall of Fame

I wonder if OB having a OC this year is a coincidence, a product of Cal, of Easterby, or something else.

18. vtech9

vtech9 Hall of Fame

Well, I didn't expect it to happen this fast, but it looks like you were right.

19. TheKDog

TheKDog Hall of Fame

Obrien is the new Rick. Guy who doesn't know much becomes the most trusted guy on Kirby

OptimisticTexan and santo like this.
  20. maverick512000

maverick512000 All Pro

BoB doesn’t have an OC, he has a kid he’s mentoring that he put in that spot to shut people up and help the kid add to his resume.

OptimisticTexan likes this.