FIRE BILL O'BRIEN NOW!!!

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Carr Bombed, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Shishkabob

Shishkabob Hall of Fame

Texas Jake likes this.
  2. infantrycak

infantrycak Admin & Mod Staff Member

He doesn't have to say anything.

Wanna see an HC get a QB forced on them? See Jeff Fisher/VY.

3. FuzzyLogic

FuzzyLogic Mathematically Possible

You makin' chili?

Texas Jake and JB like this.
  4. 76Texan

76Texan Hall of Fame

That was OB's response after watching game films of Osweiler.
    There was a video (which I can't locate at this time) showing O'Brien watching the game films and gave his thumb up to Osweiler.
    That was before the Texans signed Osweiler.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
  5. 76Texan

76Texan Hall of Fame

Also, I had said this before, so I'm just going to restate it.

All the FA QBs that the Texans signed had had experiences in the Earhardt Perkins system that O'Brien learned during his time with the Patriots.

For example, if you go to the stats page of the Buffalo Bills when Fitzpatrick was there (2010-12) and click on the "More Team Info" button, you will see that the Bills were running the E-P system at that time.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/buf/2010.htm

6. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

Here is an enlightening take on the Texans, O'Brien and Watson by Greg Cosell (today by far the most respected NFL analyst)...............the full radio 610 podcast

7. TheKDog

TheKDog Hall of Fame

Texansballer74 likes this.
  8. thunderkyss

thunderkyss MVP

Does it really matter?

If I thought O'Brien tried everything he could to make it work, I'd give him a pass. I'd blame Rick for everything. But instead he was going through the motions at best. If I were McNair, I'd have fired him for that alone. "You don't like the guy I put in charge of getting talent? You don't like the decision I made when I hired him? When I gave him an extension? When I promoted him? You obviously don't want to be part of the team I'm trying to build here."

Imagine you hired two guys to work together & one does everything he can to accent the other guys errors... I mean he wanted Bryan Hoyer. Because he wanted Bryan Hoyer, we really don't know what Keenum, Mallett, or Osweiller could have been. I'm not saying those guys would have been Tom Brady, but had he stuck with Keenum, who knows we probably could have pur bookend tackles by now.

But no... We waste time spending money & resources on QBs nobody wanted.

Texansballer74, santo and TheKDog like this.
  9. KA4Texan

KA4Texan Clueless Wonder

Hopefully not with ghost peppers... the last thing this place needs is more butt hurtin.

10. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

Talent evaluation “skills” don’t just apply to who starts and who sits.

Belichick kept Mallet on his roster for 3 years as TB12’s primary back up...literally a freak injury away from having him starting.....Harbaugh actually had him starting a few games...I guess their talent evaluation skills suck too.

11. TheKDog

TheKDog Hall of Fame

I guess that's what obrien thought. If belichick had hoyer and mallet on the roster, they just be awesome!

12. TheKDog

TheKDog Hall of Fame

1. He says Watson has a lot to learn, which is true, but the main thing he mentioned, leaving the pocket too early due to a bad OL can be directly related to poor coaching and development by obrien.

2. He says obrien did a good job because the offensive personnel sucked. Doesn't seem to realize obrien was a big part of building the offensive roster. These are the guys he wanted and he made it worse with OL shuffling.

Also, people before the season said the offense had plenty of talent. When obrien can't do anything with it all of a sudden it's a talent problem.

And even if you think it's not a lot of talent, is it really only 7 points against the Colts bad?

thunderkyss likes this.
  13. Shishkabob

Shishkabob Hall of Fame

it is when your best offensive player has a separated shoulder, and your QB plays one of the worst game of his career

Mr teX, JB, CWTexansFan and 1 other person like this.
  14. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

Lol...jesus christ dude your logic and reasoning skills are absolutely atrocious.

CWTexansFan likes this.
  15. Speedy

Speedy Yeller Dweller

No one is perfect when it comes to evaluating talent or there'd never be a 1st round bust ever. Missing is fine but you've got to get some right too. When has OB ever done that? OB works with these guys all summer long. He, more than any of us, should know what he's got, what he's working with, yet twice now he's changed QBs after the 1st half of the 1st game. What do you see in a half of football that you didn't see all summer? TWICE?

As I've said before, OB does not appear to be learning from his mistakes, that all make, and keeps making those same mistakes over and over. There's no growth. He forces players to play his system and doesn't adapt to their skill sets. The 6 games he was forced to do that last year he was blowing up the scoreboard. So what does he do this year? Goes right back to his same old bland, unimaginative ways, misusing the talent he does have thus putting them in positions where success is a whole lot harder to achieve.

Talent evaluation, which I don't believe he's good at, is one thing. What you do with the talent you have, which I don't believe he's good at either, is another.

16. TheKDog

TheKDog Hall of Fame

How so?

17. TheKDog

TheKDog Hall of Fame

He also changed his starting OL at halftime this year. It's embarrassing.

18. TheKDog

TheKDog Hall of Fame

Eh that's just an excuse. Maybe the QB had a bad game because the game plan and playcalling sucked.

Besides, it's not like the offense was lighting it up even when Watson played well and Hopkins was healthy.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
    76Texan likes this.
  19. Shishkabob

Shishkabob Hall of Fame

Did you not see wide open throws he missed? Because I did

JB, CWTexansFan and Mr teX like this.
  20. TheKDog

TheKDog Hall of Fame

I did . But Watson said he couldn't step into throws due to instant pressure