FIRE BILL O'BRIEN NOW!!!

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Carr Bombed, Sep 16, 2018.

1. dream_team

dream_team Hall of Fame

I prefer the talent on our defense, receivers, running backs. We obviously differ in opinion here, so not worth getting into a long debate about.

thunderkyss and CWTexansFan like this.
  2. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

This post points out the dysfunction in the org.

As Cak would say, we don't know what was going on in the org. What we should know is after over a decade Ricky wasn't bringing a championship to Kirby.

Call thinks Gaine and BOB can and what we think doesn't really matter.

3. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Look at the teams left in the playoffs ol and get back to me.

4. dream_team

dream_team Hall of Fame

Not really. I think that post just wants some clarity because you tend to contradict yourself alot.

5. dream_team

dream_team Hall of Fame

That comment was in direct response to the Colts... not any other team left in the playoffs.

6. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

If you can't see the difference in talent then we Can't discuss this.

dream_team likes this.
  7. dream_team

dream_team Hall of Fame

ditto

thunderkyss and steelbtexan like this.
  8. maverick512000

maverick512000 Veteran

My post had nothing to do with the dysfunction of the org. I am asking you to clarify what seems to be two contradicting statements. That Rick Smith should have been confident enough to tell BoB no we are not drafting a player while in past posts claiming that Smith was not getting BoB the players he wanted and that was part of the problem. Either Smith was getting walked all over and wasn't willing to stand up to BoB or he was refusing to get BoB the players he wanted. You have made both of these arguments now and they contradict each other so I am simply asking for clarification.

As to your other points my question had absolutely nothing to do with who was or was not bringing a championship to Houston nor did I mention anything about Cal or any McNair. I stated what I believe was the case, and you are right what I or you think doesn't matter, but again that was not the point of my question. I directly asked you what you felt the GMs role was, particularly in regards to drafting, and you didn't answer that question.

That's fine if you don't want to answer, Heaven knows you don't owe me an answer, but as this is a discussion I felt it was still worth asking.

ObsiWan, thunderkyss, Earl34 and 4 others like this.
  9. Earl34

Earl34 All Pro

One of the things that cracks me up about this never ending Smith vs O'Brien discussion is the people who ignored that O'Brien was a very inexperienced coach and was brought in based on his past experience with the Patriots and Belichick's system. Were the McNairs suppose to hand him the keys to the organization and Smith should have just handed personnel decisions to him?

Offense was suppose to be his strong suit and he has been unable to field anything close to a respectable offense. This is the same coach who appears to struggle being the HC and play caller, yet they were suppose to add personnel to his responsibilities? Exactly what has O'Brien accomplished to deserve that much control over the organization?

With that said, it's great that he now has a yes man for his GM. But, answer this question. Besides Belichick and the Patriots, how many successful teams have their front office structured where the HC has control of personnel or the GM reports to the HC?

10. powda

powda Team BLEACH!

Gaine reports to Ob? Based on what?

Texas Jake likes this.

11. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

Might be something that those naysayers that want O'Brien's head need to listen to.

****************************************************************************

Matt Hammond‏Verified account@MattHammondShow

Should the Texans have fired Bill O’Brien for that blowout loss to the Colts? Do you trust Brian Gaine to fix the O…

PODCAST

CWTexansFan and powda like this.
  12. BOBdaFRAUD

BOBdaFRAUD Veteran

Guess whats gonna happen next year............ same ole ****!

This team cannot compete against good teams. BOB does not have it. He cannot scheme against the better coaches.

Critical games and he fails. Not gonna change.

ObsiWan, mussop and Surreal McCoy like this.
  13. thunderkyss

thunderkyss MVP

When you say this, it's like you're saying the Colts offense is more talented than our defense. Which is not the case. We have 8 of the 11 defensive starters picked in the first or 2nd round.

Our offense also has as much talent as their defense. Talent wise it should have been a wash. But three scores on their first three possessions... then for us to score only once the remainder of the game, I think it is you who has no clue what it means to be out coached.

ObsiWan likes this.
  14. thunderkyss

thunderkyss MVP

There's no doubt in my mind this team will be able to compete with a better OL.

But if losing our #2 receiver is so detrimental to our ability to score... you need a new OC. & if you can't trust the guy who will choose that new OC, you need to get rid of him.

KA4Texan, 76Texan and CWTexansFan like this.
  15. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

On that Saturday, the Colts had much more talent on the field

Texas Jake likes this.
  16. maverick512000

maverick512000 Veteran

Or perhaps more accurately their players were playing at their talent level more than ours were.

ObsiWan, KA4Texan, 76Texan and 6 others like this.
  17. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

I put that on the coaches mostly. Texans did not have a good game plan

18. infantrycak

infantrycak Admin & Mod Staff Member

They had a game plan?

Seriously, OB's idea of trickery is open every game with a run, get to the playoffs and toss a bomb? Yeah, nobody saw that coming.

Flyingfish likes this.
  19. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

RAC's plan of playing mostly man coverage with the likes of Shareece Wright was ludicrous as well

20. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

There's no winning with you guys.

Texas Jake likes this.