Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Final AFC south standings?

According to the Sporting News magazine i picked up today, here's where they have the AFC South

Colts 14-2
Jags 8-8
Titans 4-12
Texans 3-13

I don't think we (Titans and Texans) can handle another season like that. What do you guys make of this (and keep in mind that the rest of the country thinks the Titans and Texans are horrible)

Jags 8-8? Sounds about right.
Colts 13-3 my @$$. More like 10-6

The titans I think will go 5-11. That is only if Billy Volek or Kerry Collins starts every game for you. If not then you get the second pick in the draft and 3-13. You guys are not very good. No offense, I think you all will be and soon I think it will between us to determine the conference, but not right now.

Coach C. said:
The titans I think will go 5-11. That is only if Billy Volek or Kerry Collins starts every game for you. If not then you get the second pick in the draft and 3-13. You guys are not very good. No offense, I think you all will be and soon I think it will between us to determine the conference, but not right now.

You're right, we aren't good. But the Texans aren't good either. I don't think we are good so you don't have to remind me. I just find it funny when Texans fans think we will go 2-14 and they will go 9-7. Are you kidding me? The Texans aren't 7 wins better than us. For a team that got swept by us last year thats pretty optimistic.

I can see were you are coming from. My main thing about your team is that you lost the deciding factor in why you won games. He went to Baltimore, because your owner does not handle his business. Your coach wanted him to stay, and likely the next one out the door. I think on paper we are likely a little better than you guys. I would say you guys are a 4-6 win team and we are a 6-8 win team.

Titan "Tack" Fan said:
According to the Sporting News magazine i picked up today, here's where they have the AFC South

Colts 14-2
Jags 8-8
Titans 4-12
Texans 3-13

I don't think we (Titans and Texans) can handle another season like that. What do you guys make of this (and keep in mind that the rest of the country thinks the Titans and Texans are horrible)

Jags 8-8? Sounds about right.
Colts 13-3 my @$$. More like 10-6
According to the BornTexan51 News magazine i picked up today, here's where I have the AFC South...

Colts 12-4
Texans 10-6
Jags 8-8
Titans 4-12

Colts 12-4
Jaguars 9-7
Texans 7-9
Titans 6-10

I really think the Texans can go 9-7 (like it says under my name), but ultimately don't think it ill happen. I do think we are better than the team we had two years ago when we did go 7-9, but the five games out of six on the road in the middle of the season is going to cost the Texans two or three games that they potentially could have won. That's just a brutal part of the schedule. We will split the series against the Titans though. Mario Williams will also sack Vince Young more than a few times (Bud Adams will be playing him against Houston, whether the coaches want it or not).

Colts 11-5
Jags 10-6
Texans 8-8
Titans 7-9

I think AFC South will be better than what the mags said - had us improving 1 gam from last season. Inviting those magazine folks to take a flying nose dive off of Reliant Stadium into the pavement.

Titan "Tack" Fan said:
You're right, we aren't good. But the Texans aren't good either. I don't think we are good so you don't have to remind me. I just find it funny when Texans fans think we will go 2-14 and they will go 9-7. Are you kidding me? The Texans aren't 7 wins better than us. For a team that got swept by us last year thats pretty optimistic.

I like how you say that the Titans weren't good, but have no hope of them being much better this year, and us Texans fans agree, that you weren't good and don't have much hope of getting better this year either, but we disagree with you on how we (Texans) will not be much better this year either. Most of us think we will be much better this year.

Coach C. said:
I can see were you are coming from. My main thing about your team is that you lost the deciding factor in why you won games. He went to Baltimore, because your owner does not handle his business. Your coach wanted him to stay, and likely the next one out the door. I think on paper we are likely a little better than you guys. I would say you guys are a 4-6 win team and we are a 6-8 win team.

As the Titans lost a deciding factor in why they won games, we lost quite a few of our factors as to why we lost so many of our games. Mainly 90% of our former coaching staff.

HoustonFan said:
Colts 11-5
Jags 10-6
Texans 8-8
Titans 7-9

I think AFC South will be better than what the mags said - had us improving 1 gam from last season. Inviting those magazine folks to take a flying nose dive off of Reliant Stadium into the pavement.
This is about the closest one to my opinion. I think the Jaguars and Colts could either go as is or could be switched. I also think that the division may be decided by one of the tie breakers, be it head-to-head or divisional/conference wins.

The Texans could very well hit the elusive .500 mark, but it will be kind of tough under a new coaching staff and new system. I just don't see anything over 8-8 realistically for the Texans this season. 6-10 or 7-9 are the most likely scenerios.

As for the Titans, if the Texans are having a hard time reaching .500, it's almost impossible for the Titans to achieve it. Quite frankly, the best case scenerio I see for the Titans is 6-10, and even that will be a struggle.

Colt 11-5 Take the Division.
Texans 9-7 Just miss the playoffs.
Jaguars 8-8 Really miss Jimmy Smith.
Titans 2-14 First pick in the 2007 draft.

Titan "Tack" Fan said:
If we go 2-14 those 2 wins will be against no other than the Houston Texans

Lol ... spiteful, isn't it?

I dunno about the Titans being 2-14. Reviewing your schedule, I'd probably give you 3-5 Ws, but IMO your team didn't get that much better in this offseason, might have gotten worse in some respects, and you are looking at either Volek -- who might actually be quite good, but obviously isn't Mr. Future -- or VY, who is going to have some learning to do. I think Vince will take a season to get good in the pros, I think your D sucks, and I think you are mighty thin at WR, though your TE tandem is very good and should be perfect targets for VY ... so I guess what it comes down to is you guys have a hard schedule as well and I don't see you besting 6 Ws tops ... this year.

jerek said:
Lol ... spiteful, isn't it?

I dunno about the Titans being 2-14. Reviewing your schedule, I'd probably give you 3-5 Ws, but IMO your team didn't get that much better in this offseason, might have gotten worse in some respects, and you are looking at either Volek -- who might actually be quite good, but obviously isn't Mr. Future -- or VY, who is going to have some learning to do. I think Vince will take a season to get good in the pros, I think your D sucks, and I think you are mighty thin at WR, though your TE tandem is very good and should be perfect targets for VY ... so I guess what it comes down to is you guys have a hard schedule as well and I don't see you besting 6 Ws tops ... this year.

Yeah it's nice having a bad@$$ tight end core. I love watching those guys play.

Back