Ferguson

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by baba ganoush, Apr 3, 2006.

1. baba ganoush

baba ganoush Veteran

is there still any reason to get ferguson after bushs workout???

2. TexanFan881

TexanFan881 Hall of Fame

When there's a special once in a decade player like Reggie Bush available, you don't pass up on him. We can solve our O-line problems in the later rounds of the draft.

3. TexansLucky13

TexansLucky13 53d Signal Batt

Uhm... D'Brick is only an option if there were a beneficial tradedown to a lower pick. Other than that, Kubiak will probably focus on Reggie Bush, with Vince Young as an option behind him.

Agreed.

4. D-ReK

D-ReK RAWWWRR!

Without a trade down, no there is no reason to draft Ferguson...Even after a trade down, the only way we select Ferguson is if Williams is gone...

5. dalemurphy

dalemurphy Hall of Fame

I was in favor of drafting Ferguson #1 until recently. I now realize that Bush is one of those rare players that only appear every 8 or 10 years. He is Tony Dorsett, Barry Sanders, Bo jackson, Herschel Walker. I don't think Ferguson is. Ferguson has the measurables but hasn't been the dominate player that demands the confidence required to draft someone #1. I'm still a fan of the trade down, but I'd want good value for it.

Also, with our zone blocking system and this year's draft, guys like Winston and Colledge will likely be available for us later in the draft. They would fit our system very well.

Bush is our man. I will hope that his achilles tendons, AC ligaments, and spinal cords are in excellent shape and will remain intact throughout his career. Oh yeah, I guess I should worry about that little tendon on the top of his big toe- that thing causes problems as well.

6. Samer

Samer Veteran

With the way Bush worked out there, I can now see more teams wanting to get ahold of him, trading down is still a good possibility

7. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

I'm not convinced that D'Brick is much better than Winston Justice

8. dalemurphy

dalemurphy Hall of Fame

Who was all over VY? I certainly wasn't. I like him. I think he has some intangibles that give me optimism that he could become a great player. However, he is a long, long ways away from being able to play QB in the NFL. That's why many pro scouts have him graded out as a late 1st or early 2nd round pick. Believe me, if he was will/eager to move to WR, I'd definitely be interested in him in the first 15 picks of the draft.

9. bad

bad Veteran

The topic is about D'Brickashaw Ferguson, not Vince Young. We won't we drafting Vince Young. You can want it with all your heart and soul, but it won't happen. You can throw his name into every thread on every message board in the whole wide world wide web, regardless of the original topic and it won't change the Texan's draft position.

April 29th should offer closure. I hope you accept it.

As for Ferguson, I think Winston Justice proved that there is more than one elite OT in the draft this year. Still think Ferguson goes top 4 or 5.

10. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

I've always thought that if Ferguson's first name was "Joe" he wouldn't be elite in so many people's minds.

11. Bullpen Drew

Bullpen Drew All Pro

neither VY not D'Brick is coming here!

12. Texans Horror

Texans Horror Hall of Fame

Forget Fergie. Draft Eric Winston and put him in as RT. Move Bump Wade to guard. Sack Pitts. Insert Wand. Then We will have

Wand -- Wade -- Flanagan -- Weigert -- Winston

All we need left is trade Flanagan for Woody from the Lions. Then we couldn't lose. We'd be all W's.

13. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

Just move Weary to center.

14. swtbound07

swtbound07 Jackass of Day!

What??? Are you insane?? Show me ONE place where somebody has vince going in the late first/early second. One time. So you dont want to draft him as a quarterback, but you'd spend a HIGH FIRST ROUND pick on him as a wide reciever, a position he has never played? This post was ridiculous

15. dalemurphy

dalemurphy Hall of Fame

You can go to dallasnews.com where Gosselin has him listed as the 3rd Qb... Check out some of the things Mike Mayock has said on the NFL channel. You can probably get that material on NFL.com.

Matt Jones had never played WR and was drafted in the first round as a WR. So I don't think that is a ridiculous idea. Young is an incredible athlete and playmaker. His agility, heighth, ball skills would all be things that would make him a special WR, IMO.

16. swtbound07

Not what i said...a lot of people have him interchangable as the #1-#3 qb, i've STILL Never seen him fall below 10 in any mock draft. show me any mock draft where vince has fallen into round 2. You cant......i doubt very seriouly you can find one where he has fallen below 15

17. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

No, but after Winston Justice's workout, maybe you get Justice instead of
    Ferguson if you're given a choice between those two.

18. dalemurphy

dalemurphy Hall of Fame

I didn't say that Mock drafts had him going late in the first round or early in the second. I said that some scouts/experts had him rated as a late first to early second round player. There is a difference. The Mock draft is predicting what teams will do not where the player is rated. It is believed by many that Oakland will draft VY, not because he is the 7th best player on their boards, but because they think Oakland wants him.

So, if you want to check out Mayock's comments, feel free. Or check out Gosselin who has him rated as the #3 QB. There are others as well. However, I don't need to research that which I already know.

19. swtbound07

OKay, i'll try it again. Show me one draft where they have him graded as "a late first-second round player"

20. dalemurphy

dalemurphy Hall of Fame

I have a dial-up connection so I'm not going to try and download Mike Mayock's comments, but you're welcome to research it yourself if you'd like.