Ferguson Signs With Vikings

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by michaelm, Aug 18, 2007.

1. michaelm

michaelm vox nihili

2. bayshorebevo

bayshorebevo Veteran

Kind of hard to believe we would be interested in a Green Bay Packer (or a Denver Bronco for that matter). Actually, when I heard they were getting rid of Ferguson (release or trade), I figured we would be trying to pick him up because of the team that was getting rid of him.

3. The Pencil Neck

The Pencil Neck Subscribed Contributor

Like I said in another thread, let's cut Bradlee Van Pelt and bring Ferguson in if he's better than anyone we've got.

We're going to be letting some good receivers hit the road come cutdown time, though.

4. psico

psico Noob

Being available, and from your area, would the Texan fans welcome Ferguson?

I am from Wisconsin and just wanted to guage your feelings on Ferg as well as Green Gato Steele and the others who Sherman brought along from GB.

thanks psico

5. swtbound07

swtbound07 Jackass of Day!

we are already going to have to lose a good reciever from camp cuts. I'll pass, and take my shot with our corp.

6. Errant Hothy

Errant Hothy Hypermediocrity

I just don't see how he is an upgrade over anybody we already have on the roster.

7. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

Furgeson: I like him (being an Aggie) but I agree with the other posters a) we already need to cut someone and b) not an upgrade over what we currently have.

Green: Glad to have him and I think he will have a great year and possibly a couple of good years, BUT, he is not the long term answer at RB. The Texans still need to address this position...

Gado: He's a great kid and has a great story, but I beleive the Packers got the better end in that deal (Morency).

Steele???!?

8. Errant Hothy

Really? I've heard rumblings that Morency won't even be the starter this year (being beat out of B. Jackson)...not like Gado is. I think the trade is a push.

9. Texan_Bill

I hadn't heard that, but I will take your word for it. My assessment was strictly based off last season... So I defer to you, "it's a push"

10. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

Morency currently holds the starter spot, but his knee injury isn't even going to let him practice for at least the next two weeks. Jacobs will likely be the starter at the beginning of the season.

11. Errant Hothy

That's it...not quite as damning as I first said. I still think the trade is a push.

12. threetoedpete

threetoedpete Hall of Fame

We're already going to have cut four good guys to keep six. And I'm wondering who they're going to have to cut to keep WR # six. They may bring him in for a sniff, but I don't see him making the team. I believe Gado makes it. Steelle made a ferrocious hit on kick off coverage in the chicago game. Always helps, but I believe he is on the bubble. They're not going to keep five TEs.

13. Brando

Brando Site Contributor

Jackson my friend.:)

14. The Pencil Neck

The Pencil Neck Subscribed Contributor

The tight end. Injured last year, missed the season. He's been playing special teams and playing pretty hard.

But I don't see any way he makes the team. I think Joel Dreessen has a better chance than Steele and I don't think Dreessen makes it.

15. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

Steele was the player that lit up the Bears punt returner on the sideline on one of Stanleys shanks

16. Texan_Bill

OKay.... I remember this guy now and I also think you're right about Dreessen making it over Steele.

17. 76Texan

76Texan Hall of Fame

I saw this on Clutchfans:

" I played against this guy in High School, he was a freak. Everyone who saw him play knew he was going to the pro's if he could figure out how to get into a decent college and I commend him for getting his stuff together and getting into A&M cause this guy was a straight up thug. We had an off campus class together where kids from all of the Spring Branch schools came together, I got in his head about our team kicking the crap out of Spring Woods, I really wish I would have fought him cause that story would have been a lot better than the one I'm telling now.

The play I remember was a scouting tape we watched on him against Spring where on a kickoff return he ran to the 30, dodged tacklers by running back to the 10 then ran across the 50, dodged more tacklers by running back to the 30 and then took it to the house."

18. ObsiWan

ObsiWan Site Contributor

I think we're pretty much set at WR so I'd be surprised if we picked up Ferguson. But stranger things have happened.

OBTW, Charles Woodson, like Ahman Green, IS getting reeeeally old you know, so if you guys are thinking about cutting him, give us a ring.

:phone:

19. Htownsportsfan

Htownsportsfan All Pro

If he could stay healthy he would be worth a look. The guy has great talent but he seems to get injured way to often. Not sure if its a conditioning issue of if thats just his life!

20. Texans34Life

Texans34Life I BLEED TEXANS!

Well, it seems like the Vikings want him:

http://www.startribune.com/vikings/story/1371568.html