Feel Good Story - HS Football

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by Cerberus, Oct 17, 2012.

1. Cerberus

Cerberus Hall of Fame

2. toronto

toronto Hall of Fame

3. mattieuk

mattieuk Site Contributor

Great story. Exactly what youth sports should be all about. Well done to the players and the coach.

4. majestrate

majestrate All Pro

Okay, I'm going to be the jerk on this one. I don't really get the point of this. He didn't earn the touchdown, it was given to him.

In all seriousness, and I don't mean to sound like an ass (but that's how it's going to come across, so my apologies upfront), is this really a treasured moment? I mean, cool that this guy's team wanted to make sure that he could deliver on his promise, but does it still count if he didn't earn it? I know, the only person that it matters to is the same person that can truly answer the question, and that's the kid that got to score the TD.

I guess I have a hard time believing that people treasure "set-up moments" as accomplishments, because I've not seen things like this happen since I was 4 or 5 years old. Not saying I've had a difficult life (definitely have not), but I've worked for everything I have, and nothing has been "let someone else do all the work, and you get the credit". So maybe that clouds my judgement/comprehension?

5. LondonTex

LondonTex Site Contributor

great story !!

6. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

Sometimes ya just gotta sit back and enjoy a good story, and not read to much into it. This act of kindness didn't hurt anyone, didn't change the outcome of the game, and i doubt the boy that made the TD really wanted any credit. Just a way of honoring his Dad! This was a simple act of kindness amongst teammates, and nothing more. Stuff like this is what makes kids work harder to be a TEAM member and respect those around him. Not enough out there this day and age, IMHO anyway! Nice reading a "feel good" story rather than one about some kids trying to blow his school up, which seems to be the case these days.

majestrate likes this.
  7. 76Texan

76Texan Hall of Fame

Love your response, Grandma!

8. 76Texan

76Texan Hall of Fame

9. LondonTex

LondonTex Site Contributor

haha u beat me too it. Good words ST :)