Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Feb. 6th - National Signing Day

bah007

Hall of Fame
I have a friend that is in close on the Darrell Scott situation & he is telling me that DS has chosen Texas, but MOST of his family is NOT happy with his choice.

He skipped school today to talk to his family some more about what would be best for him. The big draw for Colorado right now is that his uncle plays for them & the campus is A LOT closer than UT.

Also heard from my brother (obsessive Michigan fan) that Terrelle Pryor will be waiting until National Signing Day for BASKETBALL to announce his decision. He is allowed to do this because some of the schools that are chasing him are offering to let him be a two-sport athlete, especially Oregon.

Guess we will just have to wait and see what happens tomorrow.

I have a friend that is in close on the Darrell Scott situation & he is telling me that DS has chosen Texas, but MOST of his family is NOT happy with his choice.

He skipped school today to talk to his family some more about what would be best for him. The big draw for Colorado right now is that his uncle plays for them & the campus is A LOT closer than UT.

Also heard from my brother (obsessive Michigan fan) that Terrelle Pryor will be waiting until National Signing Day for BASKETBALL to announce his decision. He is allowed to do this because some of the schools that are chasing him are offering to let him be a two-sport athlete, especially Oregon.

Guess we will just have to wait and see what happens tomorrow.

Pryor is all but guaranteed OSU. Oregon is out and it is really down to Michigan and OSU.

Pryor to decide Wednesday

Decision day will be at noon Wednesday for Terrelle Pryor.

Pryor, star quarterback at Jeannette High School, said today he is "80 to 90 percent sure" he will announce his choice at a news conference Wednesday. He had been considering pushing back his decision a week or so, and possibly visiting the University of Oregon.

But Pryor said he will not visit Oregon and the Ducks are out of the picture.

"I have to call them today and tell them," Pryor said.

Pryor said he will decide among Ohio State, Michigan and Penn State, although Ohio State and Michigan have been the leaders all along.

Jeannette school officials are also making preparations for the announcement Wednesday in the school gymnasium. Jeannette principal Stu Albaugh said only Pryor's invited guests and media members will be permitted to attend. The public is not welcome.

ESPN and CSTV plan to announce Pryor's decision live. Sports Illustrated and the Washington Post are sending reporters and newspapers from Pennsylvania, Ohio and Michigan also will be represented.

http://www.post-gazette.com/highschoolsports/varsityblog/

Mack Brown works his magic yet again. Darrell Scott goes to Texas.

I absolutely love the Boulder campus and its a Top 10 campus no doubt but how can you compete with The University Of Texas? We have the city, the women, the facilities, the campus, the nightlife, the summerlife (Lake Travis FTW), the tradition, National Championship history, and a chance to start as a freshman. I just hope he doesnt go Adrian Peterson on us and punk out at the last moment like AP did.....

Mack Brown works his magic yet again. Darrell Scott goes to Texas.

I absolutely love the Boulder campus and its a Top 10 campus no doubt but how can you compete with The University Of Texas? We have the city, the women, the facilities, the campus, the nightlife, the summerlife (Lake Travis FTW), the tradition, National Championship history, and a chance to start as a freshman. I just hope he doesnt go Adrian Peterson on us and punk out at the last moment like AP did.....

I wouldnt be mad at Scott if he chose Colorado. It sounds like his family is all over him to go there & that has to be a lot of pressure.

Plus, he has never really given us the impression that we were definitely his choice, just the front-runner.

Julio Jones (#1 WR) is down to Alabama or Florida State.

He's going to be a Nole. I can feel it.
tomachop.jpg

B_7_TPOSCEOLA_220884_0815.jpg

Hopefully thats not just wishful thinking on your part.

He has been a Bama lean all year long. Good luck.

As a UT fan, I would love to see you guys snatch Jones from Alabama after all the Appelwhite drama.

Pryor is all but guaranteed OSU. Oregon is out and it is really down to Michigan and OSU.

http://www.post-gazette.com/highschoolsports/varsityblog/

Sounds like you're right. He will be signing tomorrow.

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=880&CID=765305

Terrelle Pryor - QB - Jeannette, Pa.
Rivals.com recruiting analyst Mike Farrell confirmed with Terrelle Pryor this morning that he will 100 percent sign tomorrow. He's down to Ohio State, Michigan and Penn State and will announce at 12:05 p.m. ET on television.

I wouldnt be mad at Scott if he chose Colorado. It sounds like his family is all over him to go there & that has to be a lot of pressure.

Plus, he has never really given us the impression that we were definitely his choice, just the front-runner.

punkout may have been a poor choice of words....was referring to APs 'punkout' more than anything else

i just read on rivals that scott might be leaning towards CU... so now im kinda nervous about tomorrow... but scott would be huge to UT's recruiting class

i just read on rivals that scott might be leaning towards CU... so now im kinda nervous about tomorrow... but scott would be huge to UT's recruiting class

You beat me to it, but here it is anyway.

Darrell Scott - RB - Ventura (Calif.) St. Bonaventure
The nation's No. 1 running back recruit has narrowed his choices to Texas and Colorado, and, according to sources, it appears that the Buffs have the inside track as of Tuesday morning. Will announce at 12:50 p.m. ET on Wednesday at the ESPN Zone in Anaheim.

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=880&CID=765305

If any of you have rivals subscription, check out Nigel Bradham and his videos. 5 star linebacker from Wakulla county, right by Tallahassee. He is going to FSU. Rediculous talent this guy has. They are saying he could be the next Derrick Brooks. 6-2 230lbs already. Very fast. #1 OLB in the nation, #4 best prospect in Florida, #16 prospect in the nation. He's also rated #3 in best instincts of any LB.

Regarding Texas. D.J Monroe is easily the best recruit that UT has. He was damn good in the Army All-American bowl. He is rated as the fastest corner, apparently he runs a 4.4. 3rd best athlete at the corner position, 5th best cornerback in the nation, 6th best overall prospect in Texas. He's also the #48 rated prospect in the nation according to Rivals. He's undersized at 5-9 and only 165 pounds, but mark my words, this guy will be a great college football player. Another guy I thought was pretty darn good was Dravannti Johnson. He's listed as a middle linebacker, but apparently he played alot of DE and OLB in high school. Looking at his videos, he seems like a brick wall. A couple tackles he striaght up picks the RB up and slams him down. Also he apparently runs a 4.6, which probably helped him out when he also played DE in high school.

If any of you have rivals subscription, check out Nigel Bradham and his videos. 5 star linebacker from Wakulla county, right by Tallahassee. He is going to FSU. Rediculous talent this guy has. They are saying he could be the next Derrick Brooks. 6-2 230lbs already. Very fast. #1 OLB in the nation, #4 best prospect in Florida, #16 prospect in the nation. He's also rated #3 in best instincts of any LB.

Regarding Texas. D.J Monroe is easily the best recruit that UT has. He was damn good in the Army All-American bowl. He is rated as the fastest corner, apparently he runs a 4.4. 3rd best athlete at the corner position, 5th best cornerback in the nation, 6th best overall prospect in Texas. He's also the #48 rated prospect in the nation according to Rivals. He's undersized at 5-9 and only 165 pounds, but mark my words, this guy will be a great college football player. Another guy I thought was pretty darn good was Dravannti Johnson. He's listed as a middle linebacker, but apparently he played alot of DE and OLB in high school. Looking at his videos, he seems like a brick wall. A couple tackles he striaght up picks the RB up and slams him down. Also he apparently runs a 4.6, which probably helped him out when he also played DE in high school.

Personally, I think that Aaron Williams is UT's best recruit. It's a travesty that Rivals hasnt given him a 5th star.

#36 player in the nation
#1 Safety in the class
#4 player in Texas

Safety Rankings:
Ball Skills - 1st
Coverage Skills - 1st
Fastest - 2nd

Personally, I think that Aaron Williams is UT's best recruit. It's a travesty that Rivals hasnt given him a 5th star.

#36 player in the nation
#1 Safety in the class
#4 player in Texas

Safety Rankings:
Ball Skills - 1st
Coverage Skills - 1st
Fastest - 2nd

I really shouldnt have wrote easily best recruit considering I havent seen alot of their guys play.

I really shouldnt have wrote easily best recruit considering I havent seen alot of their guys play.

How about, "Texas easily has a lot of great recruits"?

Texas doesn't have any blue chips yet (per Rivals) but they have a deep, loaded class this year.

At the last minute, family is more important than just about everything else. Scott goes to Colorado.

BOOOOOO!!!!

Maybe his family should let him make his own decision.

If he chooses Colorado, thats fine.

But if they try to force him to go to Colorado, I'm not okay with that.

The kid probably knows which situation will be better for him more than anyone else does.

Alright UT fans:

Take this in stride because its not official.

But my guy tells me that Scott has been convinced by his family to go to Colorado. Apparently his mom is the only one defending Texas & everyone else is talkin his ear off about CU.

So unless his momma tucks him into bed tonight after everyone goes home and says, "Darrell, you do whats best for you. Not what everyone else is telling you to do", then I would expect him to commit to CU at noon tomorrow.

I have a hot lead that a player that's all but committed to UT may announce his decision to commit to USC tomorrow. My source is a really reliable guy, but I'll save my info for tomorrow. I'm skipping some school to check out signing day. One of the perks of being on the newspaper.

I have a hot lead that a player that's all but committed to UT may announce his decision to commit to USC tomorrow. My source is a really reliable guy, but I'll save my info for tomorrow. I'm skipping some school to check out signing day. One of the perks of being on the newspaper.

Better not be Humphrey or Williams. At least give me that much.

The only players left on Texas' radar that could even be considered "all but committed" are Rod Davis and Darrell Scott. And yes, I'd be more than surprised to see either of those guys suiting up for the Men of Troy. The rest of the players either ARE committed or on campus.

Why can't you post the info? I mean good lord, the LOIs are going to start being faxed in about 9 hrs., so I don't imagine anything you'd say here could change what's already set in motion.

Sorry to call you out, but you either got a terrible piece of info or you're making this up.

:hmmm:

Pryor backtracking:

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080206/SPORTS06/80206008/&imw=Y

Terrelle Pryor, the nation's No. 1 recruit, apparently won't sign Wednesday after all.

He told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review late Tuesday night that he doesn't plan to sign a national letter of intent on Signing Day.

"I'm 100 percent sure I'm not signing," Pryor told the Tribune-Review. "It's a tough decision and I'm still trying to decide between Ohio State, Michigan and Penn State."

Pryor confirmed he eliminated Oregon and informed the Ducks coaching staff of the decision.

Crap. Looks like UT took a second big blow.

Alright UT fans:

Take this in stride because its not official.

But my guy tells me that Scott has been convinced by his family to go to Colorado. Apparently his mom is the only one defending Texas & everyone else is talkin his ear off about CU.

So unless his momma tucks him into bed tonight after everyone goes home and says, "Darrell, you do whats best for you. Not what everyone else is telling you to do", then I would expect him to commit to CU at noon tomorrow.

I just heard alot of these rumors on 790..the USC one too. A shame that his family doesn't let him follow his heart since he has said he loves UT. I know he has a cousin that is like a brother that is a year older and plays WR at CU too.

I just heard alot of these rumors on 790..the USC one too. A shame that his family doesn't let him follow his heart since he has said he loves UT. I know he has a cousin that is like a brother that is a year older and plays WR at CU too.

Its actually his uncle. And that is the part that his family is going off on him about.

Nice move Irish.

You know you have prestige when you can have just about your program's worst season ever & still pull in a top 5/top 10 class.

Exactly and getting a kid out of Texas is harder than asking Bill to stay faithful.

I have no clue where you got your info but all but 3 of UT's commits have faxed LOI's already & all the major recruits are in.

The only guys that havent faxed LOI's yet:
Nolan Brewster - 4 star S
Emmanuel Acho - 3 star LB
Antoine Hicks - 3 star ATH

According to my guy on the Darrell Scott situation:

His family is pushing him so hard for Colorado that his mom took his phone away from him last night so that he couldnt talk to anybody, CU or UT. He's really stressed out and frustrated.

The way I'm being told is that the decision has been taken away from him & his family is literally forcing his signature onto a CU LOI.

Unless the kid stands up for himself & really wants UT badly then this saga is over.

I'll keep giving updates if my guy tells me anything else but I think this one is over.

I've also heard rumors that CU is paying some of his family members to sway him, but dont buy into that stuff. Sounds like the typical BS you hear from people when something like this doesn't go your way.

I'm not a UT fan, but if that's true about the Scott situation then that's pretty sh*tty by his family. Let the kid go where he wants to.

I'm not a UT fan, but if that's true about the Scott situation then that's pretty sh*tty by his family. Let the kid go where he wants to.

It sounds like its one of those things where they are telling him, "we know what's better for you more than you do".

From what I'm getting, his mom is the only one who even cares what he thinks about the whole situation.

The Pryor & Scott situations are really proof that college recruiting has gotten out of hand.

These kids are getting heat from every angle and its really sad.

According to my guy on the Darrell Scott situation:

His family is pushing him so hard for Colorado that his mom took his phone away from him last night so that he couldnt talk to anybody, CU or UT. He's really stressed out and frustrated.

The way I'm being told is that the decision has been taken away from him & his family is literally forcing his signature onto a CU LOI.

Unless the kid stands up for himself & really wants UT badly then this saga is over.

I'll keep giving updates if my guy tells me anything else but I think this one is over.

I've also heard rumors that CU is paying some of his family members to sway him, but dont buy into that stuff. Sounds like the typical BS you hear from people when something like this doesn't go your way.

This sucks. Let the kid be excited and decide.

Well like I said: My guy assures me that he is definitely in on the situation, but nothing that I'm posting is official.

I wouldnt be surprised if he committed to UT or CU. Trust me, we've seen some crazy things from UT recruits over the years.

Thats a double decommit too.

Sorta like the Scott situation in that some family wanted A&M and He liked both and his mom basically said your going to ND because of the damn education or else you will not get any school money. He said I am ok with that and off to ND he goes.

Here are the switches I have heard so far (minus KLM) ........

Florida commit Ricky Barnum switched to Michigan.
Purdue commit Roy Roundtree switched to Michigan.
PSU commit Michael Shaw switched to Michigan.
Former Michigan commit Christian Wilson switched to UNC.
Vanderbilt soft commit Antonio Wilson switched to Georgia Tech.
Washington commit QB Kevin Prince switched to UCLA.
Florida commit Ramon Buchanan has switched back to Miami.

I have no clue where you got your info but all but 3 of UT's commits have faxed LOI's already & all the major recruits are in.

The only guys that havent faxed LOI's yet:
Nolan Brewster - 4 star S
Emmanuel Acho - 3 star LB
Antoine Hicks - 3 star ATH

Brewster is the only UT commit that has not faxed in his LOI yet.

Once it is in, Texas will be waiting on Scott & Rod Davis to see what their decisions will be.

Some Texas A&M fans are getting edgy. A&M has not received LOI's from 4 of their top 5 recruits and they have already lost one soft commit already today.

LOI's not received:
Cyrus Gray - RB #5 (top player in A&M's class)
Derrick Hall - ATH #9
Rod Davis - DT #17
Sedrick Johnson - WR #30

Here's hoping Scott stands up for himself and makes his own decision, whether it be UT or CU.

Some Texas A&M fans are getting edgy. A&M has not received LOI's from 4 of their top 5 recruits and they have already lost one soft commit already today.

LOI's not received:
Derrick Hall - ATH #9
Rod Davis - DT #17
Sedrick Johnson - WR #30

According to the ESPN blog Cyrus got his in just a few minutes ago

LOI's not received:
Derrick Hall - ATH #9
Rod Davis - DT #17
Sedrick Johnson - WR #30

Sorry to be off-topic, but you seem to be "in the know" on UT. Have you heard any news about Fozzy Whitiker? I believe he was a last year recruit. He's RB from Pearland. He was kind of small, but he was good and a pretty good kid to boot. His actual name is Foswhitt. Does he have a chance at some playing time this year?

Back