favorite prospect- hows he doing?

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by beerlover, May 21, 2007.

1. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

I would like this thread to follow some of our favorite prospects drafted by other teams around the NFL. First state your player and try to maintain some kind of updated report from time to time. besides Texans this should help broaden our knowledge & help us follow other teams & their top prospects as well or for that matter former collegiate players from around the state of Texas if thats what you like.

my favorite player is Levi Brown I will be following him and now the Cardinals to see how he responds. alot of pressure protecting a franchise QB as a rookie LT but I think he will surprise the naysayers who said #5 was too high to draft him or he lacked the quickness to play the position.

http://azcardinals.com/news/detail.php?PRKey=1725

[​IMG]

2. real

real Guest

Nice thread.

I like Reggie Nelson.

3. beerlover

just in case anyone is interested but confused why there is little to no information yet available it may be due to the league rules which state:

rookies can report on May 22, only if they have either graduated or their graduating class has graduated. So although many athletes might elect to defer graduation until later in their careers and weren’t in class this past semester, the NFL still prevents them from working out until this last term comes to an end.

so while it may be early for some only those who graduated early have been able to partake so far.

4. real

real Guest

There are colleges still having class ?

We got out in April....geesh...

5. TexansSeminole

TexansSeminole Hall of Fame

Same with us but you know that FSU and FAMU are one of the only schools that get out that early. All my friends here in Houston were in school for a good while in May.

6. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

These aren't junior colleges. ;)

7. real

real Guest

LOL...

Yeah...FAM should have been a junior college the way it was run....

Double Barrel likes this.
  8. TexansSeminole

TexansSeminole Hall of Fame

You know I read something in the democrat where either FAMU or FSU was trying to take the Engineering school and make it 100% for one college. Apparently the sharing was not working. I actually took a class up there in that building and I would say it had 90% FAMU students and only 10% FSU students...and by the end of the semester most of those FSU students had dropped out.

Anyway I have been way off topic this thread sorry.

9. beerlover

10. Overalls

Overalls Hall of Fame

I was thinking about Garrett Wolfe, who was picked up by Da Bears. He is a small back that picked up a lot of yards in college.

11. beerlover

he was what a 3rd pick of da bears? don't see the value there when the Texans where able to aquire a pure slot back in Darius without spending a draft pick on him, but thats just me. da bears obviously like him cause they already agreed on a four-year contract $2.29 million. who knows maybe hes another Maurice Jones-Drew? both are cat quick, around 5'7" although Garrett is not as higly touted as Maruice not to mention not the fire hydrant either.

however, I will admit a soft spot for the little guy who can make it in a landscape dominated by giants :bowser:

12. Brando

Brando Site Contributor

I thought he was going to be a RT to protect Lienart's blindside?

13. beerlover

believe your correct sir, which should propel him on a fast track to the pro-bowl :)

he's already busy in the community too http://www.azcardinals.com/news/detail.php?PRKey=1724

“The kids are our future and they are the up and coming stars of the NFL,” offered Brown. “Anytime you get a chance to come out here and work with them and show them that even though we’re in the NFL, we are just like them. We’re not scary guys, and it is a great chance for me to come out and play with them. I have a lot of fun with kids, so this was a great time.”

14. Brando

Brando Site Contributor

The Cardinals should be a surprise team this year, IMO.:)

15. SF49erFaithful

SF49erFaithful Crabtree FTW

I'm excited to see how Brown performs too, with the Cardinals being in the 49ers division and all.

16. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

17. PapaL

PapaL Loose Screw

I believe he will play RT since Leinhert is a lefty.

18. Hottoddie

Hottoddie Hall of Fame

I'll go with:

DeShawn Wynn (RB) (7th Rd) Green Bay

Allen Barbre (OT) (4th Rd) Green Bay

Ikaika Alama-Francis (DE) (2nd Rd) Detroit

Keith Jackson (DT) (7th Rd) Detroit
    // My #1 choice for a DT, if we hadn't taken Okoye.

John Wendling (FS) (6th Rd) Buffalo

19. Hottoddie

Hottoddie Hall of Fame

http://greenbaypressgazette.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070521/PKR01/705210477/1950

Fourth-round pick Allen Barbre should get time to develop as a left guard and tackle - he'll work mainly at guard this offseason - but fits the mold of a mobile linemen for the zone-blocking scheme.

"I like his quickness, I like his athleticism," said offensive coordinator Joe Philbin. "He seems like a very good prospect."

20. Hottoddie

Hottoddie Hall of Fame