Farve's Family Home Destroyed

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by texasguy346, Aug 31, 2005.

1. texasguy346

texasguy346 Mod Squad

link

2. ledzeppelin229

ledzeppelin229 Hall of Fame

I feel bad for Favre's family and all, but the result of this is going to be hearing even more about Favre in the media than we already do. I don't even know if I'll be able to listen to the announcers if I watch a Packers game on national tv.

3. Derek

Derek Rookie

Man, I'm a huge Favre fan. I used to be a really big Packer fan so, I definately feel for the guy. The thing that I most like about him is that he's not a celebrity like other stars are made out to be, he's a real guy. He's lost so much in the past year or 2, and now he's lost the house he grew up in. I hope we can see him in the league for many years more.

4. Blake

Blake MMQB

C'mon. I know he lost his old house, but there are people out there dying, and searching through the water, for the bodies of their loved ones.

Brett is the last guy who gets sympathy.

5. Derek

Derek Rookie

True, but what am I able to do? NBA Players Association has agreed to raise at least $1 M dollars total. Each NBA player will be asked to donate to the cause. We should expect many more contributions from music artists and probably the NFL too.

6. ledzeppelin229

ledzeppelin229 Hall of Fame

I would make a significant contribution too if I was a millionaire. The majority of it is about publicity, and while donations are donations, to gain significant respect there needs to be atleast minimal personal intent as well.

7. z0rpAn

z0rpAn Veteran

if they are already wellstated organizations such as the NFL and NBA, what publicity do they need? ever consider without them naming names that they are doing this for generous reasons?