Fantasy Football Woes

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Talk' started by Joeycharp89, Sep 16, 2012.

1. Joeycharp89

Joeycharp89 Veteran

Usually I don't like to complain about a loss. No matter how prepared you are bad luck happens and you just roll with the punches and try to have fun. But this week, in my 12 standard league I currently have 36.2 pts, with only my flex spot left to play.

Jamal Charles got upstaged by not one, but both of his back-ups. Steve Jackson got kept out of the game by his coach for spiking the ball. Brandon Marshall seemed to lather his hands in butter before every play on Thurs, and the Raiders defense gave up 35 points to Miami.

Anyone else have a particularly horrible week 1/2?

2. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

Larry Fitzgerald's stat line:

1 reception, 4 yards. :(

Last edited: Sep 17, 2012
  3. Ryan

Ryan THIS YEAR

^That. And i started Oakland over Seattle today on defense cause i thought it was the better matchiup and Seattle dominated and Oakland got -3. And i faced Reggie Bush AND CJ Spiller.

4. Dutchrudder

Dutchrudder COOL BEANS!

I usually play the waiver wire each week for a DST, so this past week I dropped Buffalo (-1 last week) for Oakland, who got -1 this week. Still going to win with 148 to 115, but that was just a dumb mistake. Buffalo was worth about 18 in that league.

5. Joeycharp89

Joeycharp89 Veteran

I saw that, just wow...

6. Joeycharp89

Joeycharp89 Veteran

I'm also glad to see I'm not the only one who got screwed by Oakland. Or was I screwed by Reggie Bush? I guess both :/

I think I'm just gonna make a habit of not underestimating the Dolphins, unless they are facing a team with a good pass rush.

7. powda

powda Hall of Fame

Fantasy woes so fare =

Fred Jackson
    Ahmad Bradshaw
    Greg Jennings
    Pierre Garcon

I had a knack for drafting injuries this year I guess. :gun:

8. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

have no worry's this year not playing :brando:

9. dc_txtech

dc_txtech Subscribed Contributor

I completely forgot to replace Garcon with Amendola. I knew Garcon wasn't going to play and told myself I was gonna put in Danny as soon as I finished whatever it was I was doing. Didn't realize it until I saw the game start on stat-tracker.

Looks like it's gonna be the difference in the game too. Hoping for lots of ATL field goals tonight.

10. Joeycharp89

Joeycharp89 Veteran

I didn't have Fred, but now I have an idea of what happens when you don't draft a handcuff for these top tier injury prone running backs, cause one of our guys decided to actually draft CJ in the draft and now he's balling pretty hard and the guy with Fred Jackson is struggling to stay afloat.

11. Dutchrudder

Dutchrudder COOL BEANS!

I have a combo of Adrian Peterson and Fred Jackson in two leagues, but I didn't get Spiller in either of them. I did get Toby Gerhart as a handcuff in each of those... :( I should have known to get Spiller though, he really is explosive, as we saw at the end of last season. I just couldn't bring myself to spend a 8-9th on him when I got guys like Reggie Wayne and Malcolm Floyd there. Was hoping to get him later, but he was gone by the 10th.

12. Brandon420tx

Brandon420tx Flounder

I started Danny Amendola in place of Greg Jennings in a PPR, I've scored 189 points good enough to put me 40 points over the next highest scorer ... except the guy I'm playing who has a whopping 219 points off of huge games from RGIII and Reggie Bush and the giants god damn come from behind win giving Hakeem Nicks a monstrous 41 points in our format. The only person I have left to play is Jaquizz Rodgers for the falcons, so I've very likely to cross the 200 mark, way way way over the 3rd place guy, but I still won win. Utter Bull****

13. Say Watt

Say Watt Site Contributor

Well, I have CJ Spiller and Darren Sproles starting for me and have Matt Ryan playing tonight. I'm at 156 points this week. Winner winner chicken dinner.

14. powda

powda Hall of Fame

Those injuries are the difference for me easily. Lost by small enough margins. Additionally. I seem to have faced the higher scoring opponents early where suffering injuries hurts most. Sucks to be snake bit and im wondering who i'll lose next week.

15. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

I had a huge week in most of my fantasy games...on the Pick'em, not so good. I will say that the league changes from year to year and it takes about 6 games to figure out who's good and who is really good in a given year. Right now, break out players continue to break out, some just flash...all in all I loved this weekend and all the upsets and great play by some of the younger stars. Great stuff.

16. Scooter

Scooter Funky

my runningbacks are chris johnson and fred jackson. i'll see yall next season.

17. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

I've got Reggie, Peterson and Trent Richardson. All went fairly late in my draft. Pretty happy so far

18. gwallaia

gwallaia Moderator Staff Member

I had Eli Manning starting for me last week and was dismayed to see his early 3 ints while my bench QB's were looking pretty good. But ol' Eli threw for 510 yards and 3tds and bailed me out.

19. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

Who the heck is Amendola?

I was out of town, so I had a friend draft for me. Amendola was one of my receivers, I didn't know him, he had a bad week one, so I dropped him & picked up Alshon Jeffry.

Then Amendola goes off & Cutler has a "Cutler" moment.... argh!!

20. dc_txtech

dc_txtech Subscribed Contributor

Danny Amendola, 4th year WR out of Texas Tech. He had 85 catches two seasons ago and was Bradford's favorite target. Last season he had a season ending injury in week one.

This year he looks like a ppr stud.