Fanhood And Friendship Are First And Foremost

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by gary, Oct 12, 2009.

1. gary

gary Hall of Fame

This probably isn't the right forum for this thread so Mods may move if they choose to do so. I've seen some voice fights going on when there really isn't and need for it. We all want the samething the Texans to win but each and everyone of us have different feelings of how to reach the same goal. Some posts on here that attack each other are silly. This should remain a friends and family first board as I have always considered it as being and have told many folks about. How the team does is way behind our control I am not singling out anyone but I am reaching out to all of you to keep TT a friendly board while posting your thought on any of the forums on this board. Vocie how you feel and show your Texans sprit still keeping in mind that it's just a game and life goes on no matter who wins or who has different thoughts. We're all fans and friends and we're all here for each other when needed and that's what makes this board so great and the most important thing. IMO, have a football team to cheer for is secondary to the great bunch of friends I have here on this board who I'll always have and I know is always going to be there for everryone. Go Texans

Austrian, Brando, buddyboy and 7 others like this.
  2. valleytexfan

valleytexfan Hall of Fame

Very well said. Thank you for putting things into perspective. Like the saying goes, "We complain because we care."

3. Texecutioner

Texecutioner Hall of Fame

Great post Gary. :fans:

4. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

I hear you Gary:

I’m all for healthy discussion, disagreement and debate. Throwing blanket statements towards those that may disagree with you gets tiresome. Fine, so and so sucks, explain why you think so and leave it at that. Please un-attach any preconceived notion about the people that may disagree with you.

Example: I think Chris Myers sucks because he gets destroyed at the LOS.
    (This can be agreed on to disagree)

Much better than: I think Chris Myers sucks because he gets destroyed at the LOS and people that can’t see that are too filled with homer blinders and (well you get the point).
    (This sucks and there's no need for it).

That said, my apologies to Tex and the board.

5. bckey

bckey Hall of Fame

Another great post Gary.:handshake:

6. spurstexanstros

spurstexanstros Texans Rising

I am still here to....you took the words out of my mouth. I was going towrite a koolaid post but this is much better.

7. brakos82

brakos82 Hall of Fame

Okay, back to nit-picking. LOL

8. Texan_Bill

:bat:

9. brakos82

brakos82 Hall of Fame

I'll tell you where to put that bat... :whip:

10. alphajoker

alphajoker Hall of Fame

11. Texan_Bill

I'll see you in another forum! :aggressive:

12. brakos82

brakos82 Hall of Fame

BOTD thread as always? :peek:

13. Buffi2

Buffi2 Site Contributor

14. GlassHalfFull

GlassHalfFull Subscribed Contributor

Thanks Gary, I have been lurking and not posting much because I haven't liked a lot of what I have seen lately. Good post and a timely reminder.

15. texansdrummer

texansdrummer Hall of Fame

The good and the bad....however it may end up on any given weekend, this is what gives us this community. I moved to LA over 3 years ago, but I will always bleed "Battle Red" for my Texans. Verses being on the field playing with the band, I've got to try one hell of a lot harder to follow my team, but I do it....and I'll continue to do this no matter what. I was an employee of the Texans, and I can tell you that they WILL get it right. McNair is THE class owner of the NFL (from my experience), and he's just way too smart and much too wealthy to not figure this out......which is why it may take some patience on our behalf. He didn't get to where he is by making flippant decisions. This guy is a steady, reliable businessman. The most successful people in business hire the best people they can, and then they let them do their job. McNair isn't going to make any rash moves with Kubiak....and deservedly so. Look at Jeff Fisher and the Titans as a relative example (I mean other than THIS year.....hee hee - hey they are getting really old now).

The way that expansion franchises have been initiated into the league has changed......and I think we're steadily headed in the right direction, and I'll take this slow "stability" and steadfast approach over the "flash-in-the-pan" example of Carolina. I went to the Texans @ Oakland game last year, and let me tell you....those are some terrific fans in Oakland, despite the recent history of their team. They are truly "Die-Hards", and I have a great deal of respect/appreciation for them. It's clearly easier for me to go to a Raider's game vs. my Texans to get my NFL fix (I know that SD is waaay closer...that's just not an option!), and from MY experience at Oakland( It'd be really easy to just cheer for a proven winner, but I guess that I "get" the Raiders), I'm pleased to adopt them as my "surrogate" team. It's just gonna make it all that much better for them when they have some success.....at the same time, they really taught me how much "gameday" is MUCH more about the people that come together for such things, and THAT experience, vs. the final score. I hope that my fellow Texan fans can see this forest for the trees and remain loyal to our team.

We haven't REALLY struggled....yet - Of course, I prefer to win....just sayin.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2009
  16. DerekLee1

DerekLee1 Hall of Fame

No. No it can't be disagreed on. Chris Myers sucks at the line. When's the last time a team used a 1st on a center? Maybe that time is due...

17. gary

gary Hall of Fame

Thanks everyone I was just trying to get back to talking sports without the picking on each other not trying to be a hero.

18. Second Honeymoon

Second Honeymoon Hall of Fame

everyone on this board is a good fan. we all just have our own opinions.

stop the violence

FILO_girl likes this.
  19. gary

gary Hall of Fame

20. TheRealJoker

TheRealJoker Hall of Fame

We must protect this house!!!

[​IMG]