FAnblog:Connecting the Off-Season Dots~BigRon

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Wolf, May 10, 2009.

1. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

http://blogs.chron.com/fanblogtexans/2009/05/connecting_the_offseason_dotsb.html

2. ObsiWan

ObsiWan Site Contributor

I found this to be the most interesting part of the blog...
    I'm also curious to see what Gibbs the Younger can do with the youngsters we've collected over the past three years. I didn't realize it until I just looked over the roster, but Robinson and Reeves are the "old guys" in the collection of CBs (nine at last count) that are currently on the roster.

3. TheRealJoker

TheRealJoker Hall of Fame

One reason I wasn't too worried about drafting CB in the 1st this year was because of Gibbs' track record with the young DBs. We have collected a fair amount of talent since Smithiak has been here in that unit and I hope that Gibbs can maximize that talent.

Sure, they weren't 1st rounders but we've got some athletes in that group who aren't afraid to get physical.

4. RipTraxx

RipTraxx Free Agent

Remember Smith is an old DB/DB coach from back in the day. So he recognizes talent.....

Reasoning parallels to Kubiak and QBs. If he thinks, should schaub could go down, Orlovsky can step up just like Sage did. (minus the copter debacle)

5. Goatcheese

Goatcheese Nightmare Over

I don't know. Dan looks like he might have some rotation ability in him, and his name kind of sounds like Sikorsky.

I can see him auto-rotating out the back of our endzone. :cool:

[​IMG]