Family trying to get me to convert since Texans suck again.

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by HTown2ATX, Dec 15, 2010.

1. HTown2ATX

HTown2ATX TexansMetalhead

My dad and his family are all from Pittsburgh.

My mom and most of her family are in or from NYC area.

Dad annually tries to press me to get on board with the Steelers about this time of year and my mom does the same for the Giants.

I think it's funny. I would never leave the Texans. If it aint H-Town I don't sport it. /End

Anyways, it's recruiting time again in my family....just wondering if anyone else's family tries the same thing and if so for what team?

(Thought this would be a good break from the annual fecal matter throwing this time of year on the board....)

2. CretorFrigg

CretorFrigg Fire Rick Smith

Ah, we're in the same boat. Growing up in Utah, I was raised a die-hard Broncos fan. My dad lives, breathes, and bleeds the orange and blue. Needless to say, my allegiance to the Texans have many in my family branding me a traitor.

We have more wins than the Broncos. :doot:

3. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

Question is... would you get a jaywalking ticket in Pittsburgh or NYC?? lol

4. Trail.Blazr

Trail.Blazr All Pro

[​IMG]

LOL, ironically enough, season after season, I find myself wondering what it would be like to be a Steeler fan :-) They are consistently contenders.

Hey, on the bright side... Houston is consistent too!

Look at it this way.. each team has the same ceiling... If you are "new" Steeler fan, you're already there at the top, so you only get the enjoyment out of being there, but you've missed out on the enjoyment of getting there. And, the fall is higher.

Where as Texan fan has EVERYTHING to look forward to and little fall!

5. HTown2ATX

:lol:

Doubt it. It's a free for all up there for pedestrians.

Though I'd probably get a ticket for smoking. That place has gone to hell since they closed down all the nudie bars and mag shops damnit! ;)

6. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

Just remind your Dad that it's his fault in the first place that he never taught you from the moment you were born that you will root for the team he roots for or he will disown you as a son.

7. Mr. Texan

Mr. Texan I'm A Texan

My family tried to get me on the Saints bandwagon because they're from Louisiana.

Sad, because they didn't even care about the Saints until they started winning.

We shall overcome some day...*sigh*

8. CretorFrigg

CretorFrigg Fire Rick Smith

I would never subject my son to the torture Texans fans experience every week. :smiliepalm:

9. BetaV1

BetaV1 Veteran

I'm born, raised, and still live in New Orleans. Virtually all my co-workers and family members are big homers, so it's usually this time of year where they rub it in pretty hard. I like the Saints quite a bit, but I won't give up on my Texans no matter what.

Ya know, it's actually quite funny because I've been to Houston quite a few times in my life due to hurricanes, the occasional vacation, passing through (on my way to McAllen), and to visit relatives in the Houston area. I'm not sure why, but I always felt more at home just driving through Houston than I ever felt in New Orleans. Great city.

BIG TORO likes this.
  10. HTown2ATX

Lol....my 4 year old daughter loves the Texans with me. She was going to games with me at 2 in her cheerleader outfit at Reliant.

She watches them as much as a 4 year old can I guess when I have them on but she does not like the Cowboys....I got her branded texans only at a young age.

Which is awesome b/c her step dad loves the Cowboys and tries to watch the game and apparently my daughter tells him that the Cowboys "are mean" and that she does not like them!!! LOL

Score one for me!!! Take that (jk)!

Revolution, False Start and drs23 like this.
  11. False Start

False Start On # 69

A friend of mine from back in the days of working on the road with the band, was a hardcore Cowgirls fan. We used to get into some knockdown drag out fights over football, specifically how bad the Cowgirls suck, lol. We actually got into a fist fight while drunk one time because of 19-10.

Well, recently we saw each other for the first time in years at an EHG concert. He said the most shocking thing. He has now converted to a Texans fan. :thud:

The thing that made him have this change of heart, Andre Johnson. He said he has never been a bigger fan of any player, that includes Emmit, and Troy Boy. I have never been so proud of the guy, lol. :texans:

Revolution likes this.
  12. mattieuk

mattieuk Site Contributor

When the Texans season finishes, the football season finishes in my opinion.

Apart from betting on the playoffs, nothing holds my interest once H-town is down and out.

My advice - get your interest out of football and save your sanity. If you are still watching NFL, it becomes a weekly "man, the Texans could totally beat this team!'-fest, and it becomes old real quick.

Time to focus on Canucks hockey for me now. Thanks for another year NFL, I'll catchya in 2012.

:mariopalm:

houstonspartan likes this.
  13. Showtime100

Showtime100 Got AJ?

I'm lucky if you want to call it that. My sisters and mom hardly know sports at all so it's just me and my dad. He's pure Houston as I am so we talk at halftime and after game. I going over to watch it with him this Sunday while my wife and mom go out to eat and talk smack about me.

I do have relatives that favor Dallas but they wouldn't dare try and convert me...lol.

14. houstonspartan

houstonspartan Hall of Fame

Oh man, I just had this conversation with someone yesterday. I was saying how I can't wait until the season is over, and he said he couldn't wait until the Texans season was over, but that he was still going to enjoy some playoff football.

As I told him, the problem for me is that I'll see a team like Atlanta (which was a mess a few years ago) and I'll get extremely bitter and angry towards the Texans. It's almost a waste of time watching.

15. houstonspartan

houstonspartan Hall of Fame

Sants fans are a bunch of obnoxious asses. I can't stand them. Ugh. I respect Sean Payton's accomplishments, and I've always liked Drew Brees, but, other than that, the Saints can burn in hell as far as I'm concerned.

False Start likes this.
  16. FirstTexansFan

FirstTexansFan The Unknown Fan

I'm married to a Steeler's fan. She tries to put Steeler's stickers on my truck (I scrape them off), she changes my Texan's hitch receiver to a Steeler's, I change it back. She has a Steeler's DirecTV remote, I remove the batteries and hide it. She has a Steeler's snuggie, (Who buys these?) and Jersey's for Polumalu, and Ward. I won't tell you what I've done to these, but I may need a good lawyer :)
    I also have an older brother, Uncle, and cousins who are diehard Sowboy fans :(

FML!

17. cdollaz

cdollaz All Pro

The only thing that would likely lead me to ditching the Texans is if the owner shows over time that winning is not his #1 priority. If that becomes the case, then I would likely bolt.

And if that happened, the Steelers would probably become my #1 team. I just like and respect pretty much everything about that organization.

18. mattieuk

mattieuk Site Contributor

Except their QB? Hmm, they replaced their jackass kicker, so thats my only Steeler beef at the moment. Watching Polamalu play football does make me pretty happy though.

19. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

Move the Texans and take the Houston off the front of the name and then I'll quit. Until then, I'm just a glutton for punishment.

I feel bad for my 8 yo son. The Texans have sucked his entire existence. He asked me this year if he could root for another team in addition to the Texans. I granted permission as long as it's not the Titans or Cowboys. I think he's going with the Patriots, and who can blame him?

My only hope for rooting for an additional NFL team beyond the Texans is if my oldest son gets drafted in a couple of years. Knowing my luck, though, he'll be sporting a Titans or Cowboys jersey. Blood is tight, but not that tight. I just couldn't do it.

I've wondered the same thing. Three freakin' coaches in the past several decades and all have Championship rings. Amazing.

And they've got badass uniforms...except it is yellow and not gold as Steelers fans try to tell me.

Funny thing during the 2-14 season. One of our season ticket buddies was a huge Cowboys fan his whole life (he's from El Paso, so we give him a break...sometimes). We had him convinced that we were going to switch our loyalties to the Cowboys. We finally had to fess up to pulling his leg when he was about to order custom REAL jerseys for each of us. He was seriously going to drop 600 bones to set us up. Even though we were joking the whole time, my mind felt dirty after we came clean with it. I still feel pangs of yuck just thinking about it. 2-14 will make fans do mean things to their buddies.

JB likes this.
  20. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

You should be a momma's boy. You can be a fan of the Giants and the Texans. They are in different conferences and rarely play each other.

I am a Texans fan first however I have been a Giants fan for years and they usually do give me something real to root for come December. Also they are a division rival of the Cowboys.

Steelers on the other hand .. no way, especially if you grew up an Oilers fan.