Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Falcons vs. Broncos [MNF]

I still think Denver wins this ballgame.

I wouldn't have believed you 2 hours ago, but now......

Peyton is still the smartest QB in the game. He may not be 100% physically, but he's 110% there mentally.

I hope this game drains them for Sunday though.

1st down on 3rd and 5. No doubt that would have been ballgame if Atlanta didn't make it.

I picked Atlanta so I guess that's a good thing.

Did anybody else lose some of their fear of Denver during this game only to see it come back in the last few minutes?? I still like the Texans next week, but it turns out Manning is still Manning.

1st down on 3rd and 5. No doubt that would have been ballgame if Atlanta didn't make it.

Did anybody else lose some of their fear of Denver during this game only to see it come back in the last few minutes?? I still like the Texans next week, but it turns out Manning is still Manning.

No. I think this game showed that Denver and Manning by extension are entirely beatable. They'll be tougher than this at home but we're much better than Atlanta. I think next week is going to be an incredible game but it's very winnable.

I haven't lost any of it, I can tell you that. He is not going to be happy with how he performed tonight, and guess who he's going to take it out on?

Well, this is my 'concern' for the lack of a better word.

Yeah, we're a good team. Yeah, the game is winnable. But the fact remains, we're playing Peyton Manning on the road. Can we win? Yes.

But if we lose, will it be kept in perspective? Hell no! Half of the board will want to go jump out a window.

What the hell is going on??? The refs look lost and John Fox is is imo trying to intimidate the refs on the sidelines.

That was very obvious the way he was storming the sideline protesting the penality for the Broncos having 12 men on the field, only to be proven wrong in the replay.

The league needs to fine him for his tantrum if only to show support for the replacement refs.

:coffee:

He doesn't have quite the arm he used to have and in that loud stadium with a team new to his offense, I think he was vulnerable. It's going to be harder to beat him at home.

But I saw a team we can and should beat. It's going to be a tough game, though. If we can get our run game going against that defense and complete some passes to move the chains, we can choke this team out if we get ahead.

The problem with the Falcons now is that they can't consistently move the ball on the ground anymore. They've got to pass to make first downs and when that goes south, you can't eat up the clock like you'd like.

Texans and Chargers are the only undefeated teams in the AFC. Hehehehhehe... Everyone else is looking quite mortal.

Its all going to boil down to how much pressure we can apply. That and stopping their running game. McGahee is doing his thing.

McGahee looks tough, their running game looks formidable and it's a minor weakness of ours. We should be concerned here. We should take note of 2nites game though and blitz the hell out of Peyton and cover all short routes tight, he can't throw deep accurately or with any power. The key to this game will be the pass rush we can put on Peyton, and pass rush is what we're best at.

Lmao someone get a gif of that LB dancing with manning looking at him

Right around 6 minutes in 3rd left

This one?
Weatherspoon_Celebration_original.gif

This one?
Weatherspoon_Celebration_original.gif

YES! LOL

I gotta say ATL's defense was fun to watch. Never knew what you were gonna get. I loved when they showed an all out blitz with 9+ guys in the box. Then when its snapped they only rushed 3 and the rest dropped back into a solid zone coverage. For someone like me who loves watching how a play develops, it was great football (minus the refs). Only wish the commentators would breakdown plays and coverage assignments more, rather than talk about random off the field stuff.

McGahee looks tough, their running game looks formidable and it's a minor weakness of ours. We should be concerned here. We should take note of 2nites game though and blitz the hell out of Peyton and cover all short routes tight, he can't throw deep accurately or with any power. The key to this game will be the pass rush we can put on Peyton, and pass rush is what we're best at.

If he can't step into a pass , that's on a line of any distance , it flutters like a butterfly . :butterfly:

People look at his 3 ints and say his arm strength is what's lacking..his arm/shoulder strength is adequate imo; i've seen him zip more than a few balls so far this year. Plus he never had amazing arm strength to begin with. He just doesn't have quite as strong a grip on the ball yet to make the ball spin perfectly which is why so many of his throws look like ducks; it'll get better as the season goes along im sure.

The problem with that offense right now is that his line is terrible & he doesn't have the chemistry with his WR's/backs yet...& his WR's just aren't as good. Decker can't separate, Thomas is not a #1 & Tamme/Dreesen are just avg.

I saw 1 play specifically where manning was talking to his rb mid-play (telling him where to block, u could see him pointing to his right) & when the ball was snapped, the rb immediately took off into a route entirely in the opposite direction & got him sacked by a defender coming from..you guessed it, the right ...which killed the drive...i think it was allen ball at rb.

I know poeple have grown to hate the guy b/c he used to dog us when he was with the colts...But i just can't do it. The guy is a class act, 1 of the greatest to ever play the game & at the end of the day for me i, love to see masterful qb play. I'm rooting for him to come back as strong as ever.................................except for when he plays us....:texan:

He said himself he had a lazer-rocket arm. :kitten:

lol...point taken. But did you ever look at Manning's arm strength as being on par with Elway, George & Favre? More recently like Rodgers, Stafford & Vick. The ball just jumps off those guys' hands. Manning could zip it, but it was never on par with the likes of the above mentioned guys.

YES! LOL

I gotta say ATL's defense was fun to watch. Never knew what you were gonna get. I loved when they showed an all out blitz with 9+ guys in the box. Then when its snapped they only rushed 3 and the rest dropped back into a solid zone coverage. For someone like me who loves watching how a play develops, it was great football (minus the refs). Only wish the commentators would breakdown plays and coverage assignments more, rather than talk about random off the field stuff.

I like Von Miller's dance better......

VonMiller_sackDance.gif

I haven't lost any of it, I can tell you that. He is not going to be happy with how he performed tonight, and guess who he's going to take it out on?

If he's the Manning of old, he'll probably take it out on his offensive line, and throw them under the bus. :whip:

That being said, I do think next week's game will be the Texans first real test against a team that (usually) has both a good offense AND defense.

If he's the Manning of old, he'll probably take it out on his offensive line, and throw them under the bus. :whip:

That being said, I do think next week's game will be the Texans first real test against a team that (usually) has both a good offense AND defense.

there's nothing wrong with that....if you're playing like ****, someone can & should call you out on it. One of the reasons i had no problem with Cutler doing what he did to his offensive line...Qb play is 1 position where your teammates effect you the most.

there's nothing wrong with that....if you're playing like ****, someone can & should call you out on it. One of the reasons i had no problem with Cutler doing what he did to his offensive line...Qb play is 1 position where your teammates effect you the most.

Well, yeah...it's one thing where it's warranted (like with Cutler). But last night the suck belonged mainly to Manning.

Brock Osweiler was set to replace Peyton Manning on Monday night. He never got the chance.

Had the Denver Broncos forced a punt in the final minute of Monday's 27-21 loss to the Atlanta Falcons ,Osweiler was in line to make one final desperation heave toward the end zone.

"I was going in for the Hail Mary," Osweiler said,via The Denver Post . "I'm not sure what the dividing line was as far as me going in,but I was getting ready to go in."

Osweiler began warming up on the sidelines late in the fourth quarter,but Michael Turner 's 15-yard run with 1:54 remaining allowed the Falcons to run out the clock.

This can viewed as an indictment of Manning's arm strength -- and surely it will be -- but the Broncos might have needed a 70-plus yard bomb to reach the end zone in a Hail Mary situation.

The Peyton Manning of 2002 couldn't do that, let alone the surgically remodeled version of 2012. At 6-foot-8 and 240 pounds,Osweiler was the hoss for the job.

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/sho...iler-Was-Ready-to-Throw-Hail-Mary-per-NFL-com

Brock Osweiler was set to replace Peyton Manning on Monday night. He never got the chance.

Had the Denver Broncos forced a punt in the final minute of Monday's 27-21 loss to the Atlanta Falcons ,Osweiler was in line to make one final desperation heave toward the end zone.

"I was going in for the Hail Mary," Osweiler said,via The Denver Post . "I'm not sure what the dividing line was as far as me going in,but I was getting ready to go in."

Osweiler began warming up on the sidelines late in the fourth quarter,but Michael Turner 's 15-yard run with 1:54 remaining allowed the Falcons to run out the clock.

This can viewed as an indictment of Manning's arm strength -- and surely it will be -- but the Broncos might have needed a 70-plus yard bomb to reach the end zone in a Hail Mary situation.

The Peyton Manning of 2002 couldn't do that, let alone the surgically remodeled version of 2012. At 6-foot-8 and 240 pounds,Osweiler was the hoss for the job.

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/sho...iler-Was-Ready-to-Throw-Hail-Mary-per-NFL-com

70 yards...not many qb's in the league could do that period...Vick, Rodgers, Stafford that's about it.

People still shouldn't read into that too much.

70 yards...not many qb's in the league could do that period...Vick, Rodgers, Stafford that's about it.

People still shouldn't read into that too much.

They were saying 70 yards at the longest. But that's besides the point...

People should read into it.

3 years ago, do you think a team with Peyton Manning as their starting QB would pull him out and put in some rookie named Osweiler to make the last throw of the game?

That clearly indicates that he's not his old self which is something that should have been evident anyways.

Doesn't mean he can't still beat you or have great games, but Peyton Manning a few years ago is not coming out of a one score game. Period.

Also, (albeit only through two games) the longer his throws get the worse he has been. And not worse as in the normal worse for longer passes. The few long passes he's attempted are exponentially worse than when he throws short passes.

They were saying 70 yards at the longest. But that's besides the point...

People should read into it.

3 years ago, do you think a team with Peyton Manning as their starting QB would pull him out and put in some rookie named Osweiler to make the last throw of the game?

That clearly indicates that he's not his old self which is something that should have been evident anyways.

Doesn't mean he can't still beat you or have great games, but Peyton Manning a few years ago is not coming out of a one score game. Period.

Also, (albeit only through two games) the longer his throws get the worse he has been. And not worse as in the normal worse for longer passes. The few long passes he's attempted are exponentially worse than when he throws short passes.

Totally disagree with you here.

Of course he's not coming out 3 years ago, he was on the back end of his prime 3 years ago he at that point & was just about to take his team the SB again.

The other thing is it's too early in the seaon to really discern why he hasn't thrown deep much. Whether that's b/c how the organization is choosing to handle him, his WR's can't get open deep, his o-line can't hold up that long or he just flat out can't do it, nobody knows.... yet. I can tell you the 1 time i saw him throw it deep in the Steelers game to Thomas, the ball looked fine to me. In fact, it dropped right between Thomas's fingers & if anything it looked just out of reach.

The reality of it is this is the guy's 14th year in the league & he's right around the corner from age 40. So some of what people claiming he's lost going into this year was already gone due to father time. You're just not going to be able to sling it like that forever. It's just that Noone really noticed it b/c the guy hadn't missed a game up to that point in his career & his stellar play/numbers held up about the same.

By Manning's own admission he's not 100% back yet, but considering what i've seen of him so far this year, he's just about back. Are there balls that come out of there funny at times? yes. But most of them come out with about the same velocity as he had the last few years he actually played.

& you could just as easily attribute at least a few of those duck balls to rust and being off for a full year. He never had amazing arm strength to begin with.

Back