Fair weather fans

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by jmerog, Jan 17, 2006.

1. jmerog

jmerog Veteran

Whats with all of the fair weather fans out there? Its ok (even manditory) to Criticize your team and rail about the coaches/players or whoever, especially when they are ruining your team but many of you out there have taken things to a ridiculous new level and missed the whole point of sports and the home town team. You are supposed to support your home town team and wish thier best. You watch and enjoy the good seasons and remember it for a lifetime. When the bad seasons come, you groan at the eggs that are laid and call for someone to be fired. this is all right and good and part of the deal. But,YOU DOkeep watching and supporting them (although last year was tough to watch at times) YOU DON'T spout a bunch of nonsense about how you aren't going to root for them if they dont pick your player or if they do such and such. Fans like this are no fans at all and have missed the whole point. If you are threatening to root for another team if..Whatever, then please go and do so and stop pretending to be a Texans fan.

jmlockett likes this.
  2. jmerog

jmerog Veteran

Thats supposed to read 'fair weather fans'

3. Mr. White

Mr. White H-Town Beatdown

You can still edit it.

4. jmerog

jmerog Veteran

Can anyone tell me how to edit the title to this thread.

5. Caphorn

Caphorn Rookie

Again, how can the Texans be said to have "fair weather" fans when the fans have seen nothing but rain? I think alot of people believe this team has tons to prove to get them even excited to begin with. Now if they put together a playoff season, people jump on board, and then revert to a piece of crap -- you'd see some fair weather fans.

6. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

Trolls and agenda mongers have been fierce over the last month and a half.

Your point is well taken and we will have to just weather the storm of the fair weathered flock.

:redtowel:

7. chall8

chall8 Rookie

I am a Houston fan, blindly loyal to all the teams here. With that being said, this organization has made it very difficult to be a Texans fan.

When the Oilers lost I felt like someone kicked me in the gut or shot my dog. When the Texans lose, I really don't feel anything. No pain whatsoever.

For whatever reason I just haven't "bonded" with this team yet. Not like I did with the Oilers/Astros.

I will still root for the Texans simply because they're from Houston. If they pass on Vince I truly believe it will be a decision they regret. I will also root for whatever team Vince plays on and hope they do well. But the Houston team will always be first, even if their "football people" do appear to be completely inept.

bigcarlos likes this.
  8. jmerog

jmerog Veteran

I agree there has been no fair weather. Good point but that is not what i meant. Maybe i didn't use the right term but my point is still the same. Dont join the Taliban Just because you dont like the president.
    I know you understand what i mean but i wanted to clarify in case someone else didn't.

9. chall8

chall8 Rookie

This is the best post of the day so far. Before there can be an "fair weather" fans then there first needs to be some actual "fair weather".

I don't see anyone jumping ship. To the contrary, if they're taking the time to post up here then it's obvious they still care.

10. jmerog

jmerog Veteran

Its true our team has been plagued with ineptitude. I dont argue otherwise and i have fumed over the idiocy of the descisions that have been made but it is because i want to see them succeed and i will inevitably root for them no matter what---unless they do join the Taliban and support the AntiChrist.

11. bigTEXan8

bigTEXan8 All Pro

I still support this team. These guys have the capability of being one of the best teams. I'll wait to see what Kubiak does before I think we need new talent.

12. Caphorn

Caphorn Rookie

This is why I just hope and pray that Vince doesn't fall to the Titans. It's been bad enough to have a great guy like Steve McNair over there or even the very likeable Jeff Fisher.

The best news is that I don't see Vince becoming a Cowboy or a Jaguar. Those are 2 I couldn't stomach rooting for. Our best bet if he doesn't get picked up by us is for him to drop to New Orleans or another NFC non-Cowboy team. Then most of us Longhorn types can go along like nothing really happened. :)

13. stevo3883

stevo3883 All Pro

god I HATE how everyone is jumping on the bandwagon!!

we go 2-14 and all of these people have the NERVE to act like they were here the whole time??

we didn't reach this level of GREATNESS by listening to FAIRWEATHER FANS!!

come back when we're 12-4, then we'll see who the "real fan" is!!

14. Hardcore Texan

Hardcore Texan Magnet Man

Not me, I was loyal to the Oilers and I am loyal to the Texans. When the Texans lose it physically hurts. It usually bothers me all day long, I am just that passionate about 'em. Now that being said, this season did de-sensitize me a little bit. After all at the rate we were going I would have had an aneurism (not sure about the spelling). I still proudly wear my Texan's gear, and display my Texan's stuff at work, even though I continually get dogged out about it, from all the Cowboy's fans. And that's okay, because one of these days we will be on top, BABY! And it will be SWEET! I will stick by them through it all. I couldn't even adopt another NFL team when we didn't have one in Houston.
    :texflag:

15. swisher

swisher Old School

Just glance up at the join date, if it says Jan 2006 they should all be gone if we don't pick Young.

16. FILO_girl

FILO_girl I'm not here

Agreed. I have been watching all the new 'fans' who started joining up about a week before Christmas. No worries mates, we all know who is FANatical and who is NOT here. But the JOINED ON date does make you wonder. Good benchmark of sorts. :)

17. LoneStarState

LoneStarState Veteran

Been a fan since we got the team back in 1999, sat through the highs and lows of the last four years, and will continue to be a fan regardless of the record on the field. Some of these new comers and their demands and threats are really getting on my nerves - but I know they will probably be trolling the Saints or Titans website come May.

18. JDizzle

JDizzle I'm a dude

Just wait ... once the draft goes down and we pass on Vince Young, trolls will slam the board and the Mods will have to work OT.

19. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

Exactly, I root for the longhorns, but I'm a Texan fan first and have been since day one. Now with all these newbies around who still haven't taken off the foam finger and can only see orange, this board is flooded with threads that have absolutely no substance. It's getting to the point where I don't even want to log on, I find myself spending more time on the Jags board, because atleast over there I can talk football with unbiased fans.

As of right now I don't know who the Texans should draft, I just hope they draft the person they TRULY believe will help us get more wins. If that person is Young, than so be it, if that person is BUSH than so be it, if they feel it is in our best interest to TRADE DOWN, then so be it, I don't get paid to make the decisions and in the end my opinion doesn't matter anyway.

The thing that irritates me is comments like I read in another thread, like "If we don't draft Vince we should draft Micheal Huff, because that would atleast appease longhorn fans". The last thing I want this Organization worrying about is appeasing Horn fans. The thing they should be and hopefully are foccusing on is making the SMART pick that is going to bring the team success and appease ALL fans. If passing on Vince means we lose fans, the way I look at it, we didn't lose fans, beacause they weren't fans anyway.

20. Texan Gal 312

Texan Gal 312 Veteran

Those that say there has been no fair weather obviously were not around for the first game of the Texans existence. The excitement and intensity at that game was awesome. Other than winning the super bowl, beating Dallas right of the gate was as good as it gets attending football games. Last year was forgetable but remember it is a fine line between winning and losing. A couple of the right off season moves puts us back on track.