Fair is fair : Morlon Greenwood

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by real, Aug 20, 2007.

1. real

real Guest

2. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

Yeah...has he even played this preseason? If he has he hasn't done anything to catch my eye. I wonder if he might end up on the chopping block.

3. Matt

Matt Blogfather

It's not like anyone on the defense put up much in the way of numbers, but all zeros is never good.

On the other hand, Greenwood almost made the play on the TD pass to Edge in the zone where Petey was responsible. He saw the hole Petey lleft and filled as quickly as he could.

4. Matt

Matt Blogfather

He had three solo tackles and played pretty well against Chicago.

5. TheRealJoker

TheRealJoker Hall of Fame

I think Diles is being groomed to be his replacement for next season.

6. real

real Guest

Yeah...That was actually a pretty decent effort out of Morlon...

I think a more physically gifted player would have knocked it down....But it's definitely not a knock on him for not making it....

7. real

real Guest

Haven't seen a lot of Zach Diles to say I like him as the starting WLB...I think he does some good things out there, but I do know that I want Morlon replaced...

I don't like his game too much...

8. real

real Guest

Demeco also had 3 tackles against Chicago...

how many of Demeco's tackles can you remember and how many of Morlon's can you remember ?

9. Errant Hothy

Errant Hothy Hypermediocrity

Is it sad that the only tackles I seem to remember, without looking at notes, are Dunta's?

10. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

we all knew morlon wasn't anything special...this isn't news.

11. Goldensilence

Goldensilence hipster elite

While Morlon hasn't been spectacular for the money he's being paid he hasn't been horrid either. Somewhere in the middle but i think the biggest knock we'll all agree on is his salary. I don't see him getting replaced this year but from the sounds of it Diles is going to be pushing for PT and whomever loses between Clark and Anderson will as well.

I think his job is relatively safe this year with inexperience at his spot but team depth is catching up with him. Next year it might be a case of either take a paycut and compete for your spot or say goodbye.

12. real

real Guest

No...I just think he is a bad ball player....

Yes it has something to do with his salary, but I don't believe him to be a quality starter on a good defense...

He's not that good a LB IMHO....

13. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

I couldn't disagree more...he is wildly overpaid and is one of the last Casserly disaster contracts still on the roster with a cap hit of $4,664,000. There is no way he is the second best player on the team.

http://www.houstonprofootball.com/cap.html

14. The1ApplePie

The1ApplePie Hall of Fame

I would take Timmons, Willis, or even Woodley over him personally.

15. Goldensilence

Goldensilence hipster elite

I'm not defending the guy and there is definately no way I even came close to saying he is the second best player on the team.

I was stating that for the money he's definately not as spectacular as he should be. But let's be honest it's not like his numbers and play have been completely terrible either. Just not enough to warrant his salary but hey we've had several players seal their retirement off of Casserly calls.

His job is relatively safe this year but next year i think it's going to go down as i said before.

16. real

real Guest

Do you guys really watch Morlon ?

The guy is a bad starting LB....

He is about to be on the downside of his career and the guy has never gotten more than 56 solos in a season and it's not like he hasn't been playing...he's been starting games since he was a rookie...

Racking up a lot of asst. tackles 7 yards down field is what I call: unimpressive

17. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

Tad bit of an overstatement since he was a starter on D's that ranked 4th and 2nd in the league during his tenure in Miami. Definitely could be upgraded, but not such a hack that the D can't be good with him on it.

18. real

real Guest

I don't understand how that disputes what I said...

What does that have to do with him individually being a quality player ?

If he were playing like he is playing now on a bad defense AKA a second string defense he'd be a quality player...

Just because a defense can be successful with him on it doesn't mean he's a quality starter on that defense..

19. TK_Gamer

TK_Gamer Hall of Fame

sorry xtru, but greenwood aint goin anywhere and you know it. so quit stiring the kettle. It's freaking preseason.

20. Rex King

Rex King Veteran

Timmons has been injured all preseason - some think because he showed up to camp out of shape, others that he's not tough enough to play through pain.