Faggins fractures foot (6-10 weeks)

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by MasterC25, Jul 29, 2006.

1. MasterC25

MasterC25 Rookie

2. TexansLucky13

TexansLucky13 53d Signal Batt

That stinks. I was really hoping this year could be his breakout year, but this is not a good start. Hopefully it's 6 weeks and not 10.... we can't afford to lose any depth at CB.

3. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

4. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

Bummer! :(

Is this an injury that can plague him all season? Or will surgery and rehab alleviate the potential of reoccurrence? The story doesn't give a lot of details of the nature of the injury, so it's probably hard to tell.

5. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

Dang I hate this crap. Not a single exibition game, not even one session of full
    contact and we lose a starter 'till maybe after the Bye week.
    I dunno, but looks like P-Burnt gets his chance with the new coach right away.

6. chuckm

chuckm Hall of Fame

Well I guess better now than week #1 ..... maybe he misses 2 - 4 games ... less with luck, more without ...

7. keyfro

keyfro Hall of Fame

well the good news is that faggins can be back by october at the latest...the other good news is that we get to sign a veteran corner in the league...mccleon while not the most celebrated name at corner is a solid vet in the league...and at the age of 32 gives us one more season to bring along mckenzie...needless to say corner will be a topic for the next offseason free agent market as it seems that there will be very few solid corners in next years draft...who knows maybe a solid vet. corner will aslo be released when the rosters start getting cut down...but i wish petey a speedy recovery hopefully he'll be ready by the end of september...and hopefully pbuc will learn to tackle between now and the start of the season

8. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

Sometimes fractures in those areas can be tricky to heal, because they don't get a lot of blood flow, especially if its right on the edge of the foot. Of course they have state of the art medical facilities that we don't have the priviledge of

I'm not to worried about it though, injuries happen to every team, atleast it happened now so that Buchanon can prepare to be the starter (although he should be doing that anyway). Someone goes down, someone hast to step up. Its looks like we'll be picking up alot of cut corners around the league though to add depth.

Do you notice how sometimes theres the "injury" of the year with teams. It looks like this year its going to be the foot with us. First Mathis, now Faggins..........

9. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

Well at least we picked up a solid veteran. McCleon isn't great, but I'd rather have him starting over a rookie.

10. LORK 88

LORK 88 Wreck'em Ŧech!

Sucks that we lose Fagins for that long, but all we can do know is take McCleon and move forward. This happens to every team every year, we just need to be glad we didnt lose a huge star on our team like Cleveland did with Bentley.

11. SnakeOilTanker

SnakeOilTanker Veteran

knock on wood

12. CloakNNNdagger

Too vague at this time to make any determination.

13. aj.

aj. Hall of Fame

Keep an eye on John Walker #40 the rest of camp. Sanders and McKenzie are ahead of him but he's a new face in the mix and was getting plenty of reps.

14. F-minus67

F-minus67 Hall of Fame

I broke one of the outside bones in my foot when I was in highschool. I think I had a cast on for the whole ten weeks, and unless Faggins has an incredible healing factor he will be out for a while.

15. The Dude Abides

The Dude Abides Hall of Fame

ESPN with a little more info...
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2533656

16. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

"…bests of 14.2 in the 110-meter high hurdles and 6-3 in the high jump…political science/American studies and ethnicity major...born in Wahiawa, Hi… was a television actor who appeared in such shows as "E.R." and "7th Heaven" as a child."
    http://www.houstontexans.com/team/roster_detail.php?PRKey=228&section=TH Players
    John Walker -
    At 6'1" and 200 lbs, good size and was a hurdler (14.2 110 pretty impressive,
    I think?). Might be a real sleeper ?

17. vtech9

vtech9 Hall of Fame

I am still hoping that McKenzie can improve enough to become the starter, or at least the nickle back. He may be small, but he is a burner, and a fiesty one at that. GO LITTLE GUY!!!

18. aj.

aj. Hall of Fame

Re: Walker. Seems to have good straight line speed but doesn't seem as loose in the hips as you would like so he can get turned around a bit - but with coaching who knows .... that's from watching maybe a half-dozen plays so take it for what it's worth. I didn't pay any attention to him at USC. Maybe there's a SoCal out there who can fill in details.

19. Tedc

Tedc Hardheaded

Get well SOON, Petey!

20. CloakNNNdagger

The "looseness" factor you observed seems to be consistent with his predarft evaluation..........has played safety, wide receiver, kick returner and CB. His PROFILE here may help with background.