Fact or Fiction

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Ibar_Harry, Jun 24, 2004.

1. Ibar_Harry

Ibar_Harry Hall of Fame

The following is a Fact or Fiction Quote from ESPN. Looks like others are slowing starting to take notice of the Texans.

2. scourge

scourge Digression King

here is another place where ESPN has seemed to take notice of the Texans

found here...

3. Tulip

Tulip Hall of Fame

No kidding it's fiction. Jacksonville and Houston should both be on a major upswing this year. It's going to be a rough division this year.

4. kbourda

kbourda Hall of Fame

Fiction. The Titans won't contend for the division title. The Texans will.

5. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

Titans = .500 this year. Bud took over the front office and fired Diamond. This is their first taste of Budmania. First thing he did of course was call out Eddie George publicly. Gotta luv it.

6. Nawzer

Nawzer Alienz

I think the Titans will fall this year. They've lost a lot of people in the defense and no matter how tough Steve McNair is, one of these days he's gonna take a shot that will put him out for the rest of the season and possibly force him to retire. Without Steve McNair the Titans go no where.

7. kbourda

kbourda Hall of Fame

I say about the same thing. Honestly, I see them as the cellar dwellars of the division.

8. Blake

Blake MMQB

The Titans have ZERO gimmie games this next season. They will have to fight for every one. Which forces me to think they will end up under .500 I think 8-8 at best. In fact, I think the Texans have the softest schedule.

9. chicagotexan

chicagotexan All Pro

I forgot that the drunk basset hound fired Diamond. I know they'll still play hard for Fisher, but they're dominance is over. Indy will probably outscore everyone. I see a nasty rivalry with the young Jags. I love it. I always look forward to hating the good team.

10. DominatorDavis

DominatorDavis Veteran

AFC South Prediction:

Colts 11-5 (#3 off. #22 def)
    Titans 9-7 (#18 off #23 def)
    Texans 8-8 (#14 off #15 def)
    Jags 7-9 (#19 off #6 def)

Colts will be the darling of the AFC South this year. Titans falling and the Jags and our boys improving. That is my view at least.

11. WWJD

WWJD Hall of Fame

As long as McNair is there the Titans can win any game they play. Don't underestimate them. He's still the MVP and they have a good team. This division is the best in the league I think. All the teams are good and it should be fun.

12. gwallaia

gwallaia Moderator Staff Member

The AFC South could become the NL Central of football. It may be the last couple of weeks of the season before anything is decided.

13. NoBullTexan

NoBullTexan Veteran

I just can't subscribe to BudMania. He is still the same old BottomLineBud, so I will continue to believe that is his overriding motivation. The Titanics are likely to be just that if all the rookie picks they got from us don't pan out immediately. 8-8 would be somewhat of a stretch, IMO. McNair is still McNair, but it is still a team game and he can't do it all by himself.

I would love to see us sweep both games from the Titans this year, but alas, we will probably win only one.

Jax will be tough this year and it should be a war in both games. I see us winning one of them.

Indy just has too much firepower. It will depend on how fast our revamped defense picks it up. I will go out on a limb and say we split with them also.

14. Fiddy

Fiddy Hall of Fame

Same with the Midwest last year in the NBA, we get no luck