Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Expectations of Mario Williams in 2007

I agree with others who have said that sacks and other stats are not the most accurate way to determine if Williams has a good year. I expect Williams to be more consistent in putting pressure on QB's whenever they go back to pass. The Texans biggest problem on defense has been allowing the QB too much time to complete a pass. Consistent pressure leads to more incomplete passes on third down, which are just as good as sacks.

Those who insist on using stats to measure Mario's impact on the Texans pass defense should should look at QB pressures and the opponent's third down conversion percentage rather than sacks.

I agree.

I predict an 11 sack season. :superman:

I'm going with 20 sacks, I think he will dominate this year. With our new defensive players, teams will not be able to afford a double team on him the whole game. If his foot is better and he learned a bit from last year, he should be hard to contain.

I'm going with 20 sacks, I think he will dominate this year. With our new defensive players, teams will not be able to afford a double team on him the whole game. If his foot is better and he learned a bit from last year, he should be hard to contain.

And the ultimate Homer award goes to...

20 sacks is a Homerific prediction for ANY de. Do you know how many guys have EVER gotten 20 sacks?

That said, im gonna mark Mario down for 30 sacks this year between curing cancer and getting the troops out of Iraq.

Back