Exclusive "under 30" team no more

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by OzzO, May 27, 2007.

1. OzzO

OzzO .. and then?

Slow news day, especially as it relates to football, but here's a little snippet from Saturday's chronic.

2. OzzO

OzzO .. and then?

I'll just add to this instead of another thread, since kinda a tangent. At the HT website, Shawn Barber gives a few minutes to answer the fan's questions. Here's the transcript.

3. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

Leadership is one of those intangibles that can be very good (and bad, depending on the veteran) for teams. I think the Texans picking quality character guys with good work ethics will pay dividends in ways that we cannot precisely measure. But having a winning attitude that is geared towards team players is a sign that we're on the right track.

4. Wolfiegrrl

Wolfiegrrl Wonder Woman

I like what the front office is doing. Not only are they getting quality leadership style vetrans, they are getting the vets that have not suffered the injury bug or attitude issue. I think this team is going to shock a lot of media people this year.

5. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

lol! You quoted the question I asked Barber. He gave a solid answer to the question. He seemed like an intelligent and outgoing person.:)

6. TK_Gamer

TK_Gamer Hall of Fame

this is great, and I think we will continue to improve, but... this is also the type of thing that makes me wonder why we ever got rid of Sharper and Glenn. they gaves us something we can only hope these new veteran guys can. the lead by example presence. Locker room is great, but doing it on the field everyday is what pushes the young guys to excel. IMHO

7. The Pencil Neck

The Pencil Neck Subscribed Contributor

Well, yeah, that's one of the legacies of the Casserly regime. They got rid of some guys that they should have kept.

Among other things.