Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Everyone Is Wrong About EVERYTHING

Your planet called...they said keep you.
how many pages of this thread did you read through to find that, it had to be at least a week ago.

the statement still stands. i dont know how hard it is to understand that you rep the team that you root for, not flip-flop to wherever your favorite player goes to.

Im in the know...and believe me i wish i wasn't. Knowledge strips optimism. These decisions were made by Mcnair. Kubiak has 3 years to turn DC into a winner, then one of them is gone...and it probably won't be Carr.

Then McNair will have become the new Al Davis of the league.

I'm not a "diehard" and just to clarify, I'm not a homer/hater, but more of a realist. And I'm just trying to adjust my own perspective to be prepared that DC will be in TC come next August. Setting myself up for disappointment based upon unrealistic expectations is not my cup of tea

This pov is based on the Texans wanting a certain value for Carr that other teams are not willing to give at this point. And based upon what little we really know right now (which, in truth, is not much), they think he's still got some potential, which is enough to prevent them from cutting him outright.

I have little doubt that the FO would have moved him by now if given an acceptable offer. Obviously he's still on the roster for a reason. Of course, all of this is subject to change, and I don't have any more insight than the rest of us.

But the fact of the matter is that DC is still a Texan, nobody has traded for him, and we know the FO believes he's got value based upon potential. Tell me what you see in the tea leaves if you believe otherwise (not talking about what you want, but just an objective analysis of our current situation).

I was listening to Palillo driving home for work and he put it perfectly. Considering he may be smarter than most Houston sports personalities combined, despite the surliness, I think it was dead on.

The basic gist was an explanation on the market for Carr. He said Carr hasn't done a thing in 5 years. He would have to be paid 5 mil if he is traded. He said that many teams may have deals in the work but it would depend on him taking a cut. If he doesn't take a cut he would demand being cut. All in all though, and this is straight from his mouth, he said Carr would be an moron that deserved to be traded if he didn't see the writing on the wall. The organization wants to trade him but is evaluating his value considering he is a 1st rounder.

Honestly, he is dead on. He has a FO wanting him gone. He has players wanting him gone. He knows he could do better or be more stable elsewhere considering the situation. There isn't a reason to have the guy around when the Sheeyt has already hit the fan. I think it is a matter of desparately trying to get the most out of a trade. If we got a 4th, I'd be thrilled. the problem right now isn't someone taking him off our hands it is someone taking him off our hands and one year of his salary unless he restructures. Overall though I don't see him being here and causing more tension. I think there is a definite correlation as to why there hasn't been a response to the Dunta comments.

Allright, I've kept my mouth shut for quite some time, but its time to put some things out on the table that I happen to know, and dispel some of the common myths on this board. I absolutely refuse to reveal my source, but you can take this stuff or leave it, won't change that im right.

One, for everyone saying that today was the last straw, and David Carr has to go, your wrong twice. For one thing, he should have gone last year, THAT was the last straw.

Two, and let me put this in bold so you can understand this:
David Carr Will Be Allowed to play out the remainder of his contract extension. PERIOD.
You can draw up lists, look at free agents, do whatever you want. Carr will be here until his extension runs out, and its very possible he could get a new contract after that.

even if we WERE looking to acquire a quarterback, it wouldn't be matt schaub. the price will be too high, and frankly he will be the most sought after qb on the market, and we cant pull that.

We won't draft Kevin Kolb. PERIOD. Not even in the 7th. Our scouting department and team have a policy to avoid local players. I can't tell you why, but I can promise you that we aint getting any UH or UT boys. Let it go.

Jake Plummer aint coming to save us. Its not happening. we won't pick up another qb.

Andre, David, and Dunta aren't going to be benched. its not happening.

Mcnair isn't going to publicly apologize. its not happening.

To begin with I like David Carr and its has been no secret for a long time. I don't believe the team ever developed around his abilities. I can go along with what you are saying, but I think the real problem is they have handled this so badly that its not possible for Carr to stay around. McNair and Carr would have to have a lot of guts to pull that off.

Carr could lead the team to the SB and even that would not be enough. There is simply to much bitterness in Houston for Carr to stay. The VY/Bush thing last year was literally the straw that broke the camels back. As I have often stated this is like a bad marriage and there is no reconsiliation possible. Its time for the Texans and David to move in different directions.

I have no doubt in my mind Carr wants to stay to the bitter end. That is simply the nature of not wanting to give in. A lot has been left on the table and not all of it is his fault. I keep looking at the Texans and asking what really is their plan? I think its a little better this year, but not enough so far to make a real difference.

After all of these years we still have no LT. They seem to have no plan to acquire a top LT. That says they are totally interested in the running game and that really shouldn't be a surprise. If that's the case, as I have always stated, why then take David. His forte is not handing off the ball. The running game the Texans are utilizing is not designed to protect the QB.

I haven't seen a QB in the NFL, including Payton, who can withstand a colapsing line. Any, and, ALL Qb's in the NFL can be made to look like fools on any given day if they don't have adequate protection. I sometimes think with the increased size of the QB's in the NFL coaches have begun to think they don't need protection. However, that's not the case. The game is changing tremendously based on the size and strength of the defensive players. Fran Tarkington could not play in the league as it is today and be successful.

I think the real problem is they have handled this so badly that its not possible for Carr to stay around. McNair and Carr would have to have a lot of guts to pull that off.

It took guts to take mario Williams, too...and they did that! :)

After all of these years we still have no LT. They seem to have no plan to acquire a top LT. That says they are totally interested in the running game and that really shouldn't be a surprise. If that's the case, as I have always stated, why then take David. His forte is not handing off the ball. The running game the Texans are utilizing is not designed to protect the QB.

I agree in part but to be honest, the team was the most successful WHEN David just handed off the ball. That's what happens when
the bootleg,
the shotgun,
the 7 step drop,
and the 18-20 yard pass are eliminated from your game planning. It got to a point last year, that the head coach could simply NOT call plays that required one of those scenarios. That kind of tips your hand to your opponent and yeah, they usually send the the whole bunch after us.

As for our tackles, hopefully we're not the Eagles with their WR's. The Eagles can't get their WR situation in order no matter what they do.

To be fair, Charles Spencer is considered their starting LT. He's a seriously nasty tackle that simply had his leg busted. They also took Winston and will most likely take 1-2 more linemen this draft, along with signing Black who was considered the starter for the Chiefs next year by every publication around. The Chiefs starting left tackle now plays for the Texans - that's not TOO bad. But I see where you're coming from on this.

We won't truly know until we see another QB play behind this line, which will happen this year IMHO.

One common theme here that is erroneous is that the fans who want Carr gone, carry weight. The same goes with fans who believe Carr has the skills too take us to the best season we've had. What ever is decided, will be made by the men who get the big pay-check and have their jobs on the line to make the correct choice. I'm hoping that Carr will take us to our 1st year of having a winning record. :texan:

It's understandable, that we the fans carry no weight. What is new here in Houston, is that for the first time, an honest assessment of David Carr's playing ability has been given by the head coach, and the GM, that was not flattering in any way. Our GM said in fact, that we were disappointed in the play from the QB position, and we plan on doing something to upgrade the position.

Forget about what the fans say, it's clear that we've been looking for alternatives for our starting QB.

Allright, I've kept my mouth shut for quite some time, but its time to put some things out on the table that I happen to know, and dispel some of the common myths on this board. I absolutely refuse to reveal my source, but you can take this stuff or leave it, won't change that im right.

One, for everyone saying that today was the last straw, and David Carr has to go, your wrong twice. For one thing, he should have gone last year, THAT was the last straw.

David Carr Will Be Allowed to play out the remainder of his contract extension. PERIOD.
You can draw up lists, look at free agents, do whatever you want. Carr will be here until his extension runs out, and its very possible he could get a new contract after that.

even if we WERE looking to acquire a quarterback, it wouldn't be matt schaub. the price will be too high, and frankly he will be the most sought after qb on the market, and we cant pull that.

We won't draft Kevin Kolb. PERIOD. Not even in the 7th. Our scouting department and team have a policy to avoid local players. I can't tell you why, but I can promise you that we aint getting any UH or UT boys. Let it go.

Jake Plummer aint coming to save us. Its not happening. we won't pick up another qb.

I couldn't help myself.

This will be the next thing you will be hearing about.

Preach On Brother.

Where is the brash attitude now?

Want some salt with your crow?

nelson_ha_ha.jpg

Man, tough crowd. The guy was posting something he'd heard from someone he thinks is a reliable source. That's what the MB is for, right? It's not much different than posting about some rumor you read. Geesh

Man, tough crowd. The guy was posting something he'd heard from someone he thinks is a reliable source. That's what the MB is for, right? It's not much different than posting about some rumor you read. Geesh

Problem is he "knows" everything about everything. I guess I did when I was 21 too.

Hit the nail on the head...i could care less about being right..i'm thrilled that Carr is gone and welcome our new qb to houston. I perhaps was a bit dramatic in the phrasing of my information, but i maintain its accuracy at the time.

A source can always be wrong. And I do seem to recall SWT saying that it was fact for THAT DAY AND TIME.

He also said that if it changed, then it changed. So, why would he look bad for a fact on say monday being no longer a fact on wed.

Don't kill the messanger, he was right for the period he said. And till yesterday, sure looked like Carr was staying in town so till the trade, he was right.

And I have been right from my source that Sage WOULD NOT start. Well, look at it now...he won't.

I don't understand why people are getting so hung up on SWT and this thread.

Obviously, the organization was old on Carr this time last year and now they have admitted they were wrong.

You guys that are upset with SWT, should really be upset with McNair for creating this situation and being so inflexible last year and not seeing the obvious. When SWT started this thread, I didn't take as that Carr would be on the team forever as much as how inflexible and stubborn McNair is.

It seems like things can change...

As I said before.. I will say again... NO ONE here knows what the real deal is unless you are Kub or McNair, and I dont think they post here. Players, family, and fans are fed anything they can spin on till the real deal falls. Even the own players are shocked when they are traded, because they dont even know what is going on. Just the way it is.

This thread has outlived it's purpose. Now it's turned into a "bash the fan" thread for displaced Carr homers.

:locked:

Consider this another vote.

I don't understand why people are getting so hung up on SWT and this thread.

Obviously, the organization was old on Carr this time last year and now they have admitted they were wrong.

You guys that are upset with SWT, should really be upset with McNair for creating this situation and being so inflexible last year and not seeing the obvious. When SWT started this thread, I didn't take as that Carr would be on the team forever as much as how inflexible and stubborn McNair is.

It seems like things can change...

A source can always be wrong. And I do seem to recall SWT saying that it was fact for THAT DAY AND TIME.

He also said that if it changed, then it changed. So, why would he look bad for a fact on say monday being no longer a fact on wed.

Don't kill the messanger, he was right for the period he said. And till yesterday, sure looked like Carr was staying in town so till the trade, he was right.

And I have been right from my source that Sage WOULD NOT start. Well, look at it now...he won't.

Well, if he made a statement on Monday, as you say, and it was arrogant and condescending, then on Tuesday, he came back, dug up his previous statement, said "na na na" to everyone and thumbed his nose at them, I think we should have the right to at least kick the messenger in the sack when Wednesday rolls around and proves his message to be erroneous... but overall, I agree, don't kill the messenger, even if he was pretty pompous with his delivery style...

This thread has outlived it's purpose. Now it's turned into a "bash the fan" thread for displaced Carr homers.

:locked:

Consider this another vote.

If you want it locked, you need to do a few things first... here, let me demonstrate:

The thread is not locked because of Adolf Hitler and terrorists. It's absurd that nobody can see the obvious links. Anybody can see that. Unless you are an *****.

I didn't get to post this in the other post (that got deleted seconds after it was created) so I figured I'd copy-paste it here.

Actually, SWT has already gotten an earful from lots of people here and he's handled himself mostly gracefully. Actually, I'm pretty impressed that he's stuck it out. I didn't like what he wrote even when he wrote it but he did and he's still here. I don't think he's going anywhere. (Unlike David Carr... haw haw)

I'm not gonna pile on...

But it sure would be cool if swt would change his signature line to something like "I was wrong about EVERYTHING", maybe until the draft??

:stirpot:

If you want it locked, you need to do a few things first... here, let me demonstrate:

The thread is not locked because of Adolf Hitler and terrorists. It's absurd that nobody can see the obvious links. Anybody can see that. Unless you are an *****.

THAT'S IT! I'M LOCKING THIS THREAD!

Not really. I don't much see the point in it. Somebody else might lock it but I'm not going to do it.

If you keep talking about Hitler though I might have to reconsider.

don't lock it on my account...i made the statement, and i'm here to take the abuse that resulted from it. For all the people that thought i would run away and cower, I'm still here, and i'm not going anywhere.

Why don't you guys get off swt's back. He might come up with a good scoop one day (and be right). I would like to see him share that info, if he does. Cut the guy some slack.

swt, you might want to start including the words maybe, possibly, & perhaps into your vocabulary.

Why don't you guys get off swt's back. He might come up with a good scoop one day (and be right). I would like to see him share that info, if he does. Cut the guy some slack.

swt, you might want to start including the words maybe, possibly, & perhaps into your vocabulary.

Call it a lesson learned in absolutes. Only two things certain in life...death and taxes.

don't lock it on my account...i made the statement, and i'm here to take the abuse that resulted from it. For all the people that thought i would run away and cower, I'm still here, and i'm not going anywhere.

eh.

It's fine. You could have said nothing and still not have been right.

He just guaranteed that Carr would play his contract out due to his inside source and that was just how it was, and everyone else and their speculation was wrong. I think the forum was just helping him get his size 12's in his pie hole.

He just guaranteed that Carr would play his contract out due to his inside source and that was just how it was, and everyone else and their speculation was wrong. I think the forum was just helping him get his size 12's in his pie hole.

Let's not forget that he resurrected this thread with:

Hey Look! Its early March, and of all the things i said that wouldn't happen...hey look, none of them have happened. I realize I have a lot of offseason to weather yet...just worth noting.

Pat yourself on the back if you're right, blame someone else if you're wrong.

Can't have it both ways and hopefully you learn from this experience.

He just guaranteed that Carr would play his contract out due to his inside source and that was just how it was, and everyone else and their speculation was wrong.

And he said we'd never go after (much let get) Matt Shaub. :shades:

Hey, put your neck above the foxhole and you take a chance of getting shot. I give him props for putting his neck on the line with the information that he was given, and I hope he doesn't let this thread deter him from sharing 'insider' info in the future. It makes the forum that much more interesting to me.

And he said we'd never go after (much let get) Matt Shaub. :shades:

Hey, put your neck above the foxhole and you take a chance of getting shot. I give him props for putting his neck on the line with the information that he was given, and I hope he doesn't let this thread deter him from sharing 'insider' info in the future. It makes the forum that much more interesting to me.

Interestingly enough, the schaub thing was more a product of my own ignorance than bad information. When I asked about schaub way back when, I was told "We won't give up a 1 and 3 for him". Since that was his tender, and i wasn't aware that the compensation could flex, I took that to mean we couldn't get him. That was me making an assumption from knowledge i didn't actually have, just thought i did.

Someone's siginature quote on this message board is (or at least was), "only the Sith deal in absolutes".

swt is obviously a Sith Lord.

All jokes aside, I haven't been to this message board in quite some time. I am quite happy that we won't have to *%$@# about David Carr anymore, and might be spending a little more time here because of it. (Look out Schaub, the wolves get hungry quickly.)

Originally Posted by GanadoUHCoog
after this year, either Carr goes or the fans go........I guarantee it. If Carr stays the stadium won't even be half-sold on gamedays. Money talks. Carr will be traded for a 3rd-4th rd pick.....I GUARANTEE IT.

Im not making predictions sir...im telling you what our owner and organization have already decided. You can bet me if you like.

I would like to bet you Mr. Well Connected your a regula Mel Kiper in fact is that you mell?

Originally Posted by GanadoUHCoog
after this year, either Carr goes or the fans go........I guarantee it. If Carr stays the stadium won't even be half-sold on gamedays. Money talks. Carr will be traded for a 3rd-4th rd pick.....I GUARANTEE IT.

Im not making predictions sir...im telling you what our owner and organization have already decided. You can bet me if you like.

I would like to bet you Mr. Well Connected your a regula Mel Kiper in fact is that you mell?

Settle down, Beavis.

Back