Everyone Is Wrong About EVERYTHING

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by swtbound07, Dec 17, 2006.

1. swtbound07

swtbound07 Jackass of Day!

Allright, I've kept my mouth shut for quite some time, but its time to put some things out on the table that I happen to know, and dispel some of the common myths on this board. I absolutely refuse to reveal my source, but you can take this stuff or leave it, won't change that im right.

One, for everyone saying that today was the last straw, and David Carr has to go, your wrong twice. For one thing, he should have gone last year, THAT was the last straw.

Two, and let me put this in bold so you can understand this:
    David Carr Will Be Allowed to play out the remainder of his contract extension. PERIOD.
    You can draw up lists, look at free agents, do whatever you want. Carr will be here until his extension runs out, and its very possible he could get a new contract after that.

even if we WERE looking to acquire a quarterback, it wouldn't be matt schaub. the price will be too high, and frankly he will be the most sought after qb on the market, and we cant pull that.

We won't draft Kevin Kolb. PERIOD. Not even in the 7th. Our scouting department and team have a policy to avoid local players. I can't tell you why, but I can promise you that we aint getting any UH or UT boys. Let it go.

Jake Plummer aint coming to save us. Its not happening. we won't pick up another qb.

Andre, David, and Dunta aren't going to be benched. its not happening.

Mcnair isn't going to publicly apologize. its not happening.

hollywood_texan and cap1 like this.
  2. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

I agree with that statement SWT

3. swtbound07

I don't WANT to hear anything. Im just telling you whats going to happen

4. Buffi2

Buffi2 Site Contributor

Allrighty then. I believe you, but I don't have to be happy about it.

I guess the only thing left at this point is either A. drink my way through the games, B. find a football season prescription to some kind of funny pills, or C. hope for the best, expect the worst and try not to care so much.

5. The Dream

The Dream Hall of Fame

I agree, who in the hell would want David?....this is "one" of the reasons why I wasn't so big on the texans signing him back.

6. GanadoUHCoog

GanadoUHCoog Rookie

after this year, either Carr goes or the fans go........I guarantee it. If Carr stays the stadium won't even be half-sold on gamedays. Money talks. Carr will be traded for a 4th rd pick.....I GUARANTEE IT.

7. swtbound07

Im not making predictions sir...im telling you what our owner and organization have already decided. You can bet me if you like.

8. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

Completely wrong. If McNair wants to continue to be the laughingstock of the league while losing a dwindling fan base then Carr will be back. It would be franchise suicide to keep running the guy out there. I'm sorry but I have a hard time believing that Mr. McNair is really that dumb of a business man considering his non-football success.

9. TexanLen

TexanLen Veteran

Right now, it just looks like a bad, bad business decision. Not only for the team, but also for the fans. McNair will lose a lot of fans if stays with Carr. I am not doubting you SWT, i am just not happy with their decisions here lately.

10. Honch Delgado

Honch Delgado Veteran

I wouldn't be surprised. Nothing this incompetent organization does shocks me anymore.

11. joedinkle

joedinkle Veteran

care to give any insight as to why these decisions are being made since you seem/claim to be in the know?

12. TexanLen

TexanLen Veteran

If he goes anywhere, he will probably compete for a starting job but end up a back up ala Harrington who was benched today for bad performance.

13. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

speaking about everything going wrong, Phillip Buchanon is leading the Tampa Bay Bucs right now tied with Chicago (overtime) with 8 tackles. Jabar Gaffney catching a TD against his former team (& dropping one) & Billy Miller resurfacing in New Orleans with 3 catches.......

14. Second Honeymoon

Second Honeymoon Hall of Fame

dude, you arent alone...could not have said it better

15. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

Thing is like SWT said.. Carr will be here,like it or not.. What better option? draft Smith? .. no, this team has multiple holes in it right now,and yes we will probably draft a Qb in the later rounds, but right now we have numerous holes to fill. I could see us go with defense/runningback and OL in the 1st few rounds .. now next season, I could see us draft a qb to sit for a year and when Carr's contract is up possibly replace him

16. TexanLen

TexanLen Veteran

How many more years does Carr have on his contract? Is it 5 after this year?

17. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

They will draft a QB in the 3rd or 4th round. Carr will be gone. The cap hit really isn't that harsh compared to what people think.

18. swtbound07

Im in the know...and believe me i wish i wasn't. Knowledge strips optimism. These decisions were made by Mcnair. Kubiak has 3 years to turn DC into a winner, then one of them is gone...and it probably won't be Carr.

19. swtbound07

Wanna bet Froggy?

Vinny likes this.
  20. coachemup

coachemup Rookie

ouch...
    however, i have a couple of buddies that have said, that the Texans are being preened and prepped to be sold.

I don't want that to happen, but damn... if what SWT says is true, then I may have to start listening to my buds.