ESPN's NFL "Ultimate Depth Charts"

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by Titan "Tack" Fan, Jun 27, 2006.

1. Titan "Tack" Fan

Titan "Tack" Fan Hall of Fame

So what do you think of this ridiculous thing that ESPN is doing called "Ultimate Depth Charts."

The producers have officially gone insane. Not only are they way off in the rankings, but what are the rankings based off? Potential? Past Performance?

It's dumb.

2. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you

our recievers are only ranked #21 ...

3. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

Some of the ratings seem very questionable. The Chiefs and Trent Green as the #5 QB in the league? I guess it gives us something to talk about though.

4. aj.

aj. Hall of Fame

I haven't seen the rankings you are talking about but if there's a stats/history basis for that particular rating system (which I'm sure there is to a large degree), why is Green as the #5 QB in the league "questionable?" There were two QBs to throw for more than 4000 yards last year and he was one of them. Power rankings, ultimate depth charts, and the like are kind of like hurricane predictions from that dude in Colorado every year. 15 named storms and 4 will be major in May - with the right to change his mind in August.