ESPN John Clayton

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by jbh1970, Feb 22, 2007.

1. jbh1970

jbh1970 Rookie

2. BleedTheBurntOrange

BleedTheBurntOrange Rookie

3. cj5776

cj5776 Veteran

Thanks for REAL news, I never thought Clayton and ESPN would be the dose of reality. But I totally put my faith in this article more than McLame or Denver Media dot com people. Yeah it could be a smoke screen to drive up a market, but it just makes sense the new Texans FO would give Carr more than one year and I still feel McLame is McLame.

4. CoogBull

CoogBull Rookie

I just read the article and seriously hope he is wrong.

I really do not want David back in a Texans uniform next year. The fans just will not back him. People have soured on him so bad it is time to go in a new direction. Unless David can lead us to a Super Bowl while curing cancer in his free time, the fans will eat him alive this season.

I hope David will have a great future in another city.

Runner likes this.
  5. cj5776

cj5776 Veteran

winning cures everything. Yes its that simple. The colts game was enough for me. McLame has stirred up so much of this just to sell papers.

6. mganz

mganz Rookie

If he comes back in 07 and the team starts winning, he and the fans will be fine

Runner likes this.
  7. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

Until the old Carr creeps up, like the old Plummer in Denver.

8. threetoedpete

threetoedpete Hall of Fame

Well one thing about it TK, sooner or later you can't be wrong correct ?

Look you tell me they're going to pull the trigger on a deal, two players not considered prime time for a lock pick in the draft, I tell you there better be a very high Draft pick in '08 involved. 1400 point pick going down to what a 900 pick ? That is what the man (men) drove home yesterday. They're not taking anyone elses garbage for nothing. Even if it satisfies someones contingency plans for DC here on this board. We've got Denver, Denver don't got us. They need to unload that cap.

9. TexansTrueFan

TexansTrueFan Hall of Fame

Well from what he's saying it looks like Carr will be a texan next season. Honestly i dont think he's quite as bad as he gets credit for.

10. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

I'm thinking the same thing. I could care less if he's here or if we have another QB, i just hope it's the best thing for the team. I'm fine with Carr here, i don't think they are going to 'give' him away for a 2nd day pick. That'd be a bad deal. If we can't get something we really like for him then i think he stays. It's not worth it just to get rid of him.

HJam72 likes this.
  11. texans83

texans83 All Pro

Expecially when there is no one else you can bring in better than what you already have. I hope he does well and gets his respect back from both the players and the fans.

12. TexansTrueFan

TexansTrueFan Hall of Fame

Yeah everything will work out for the best, i mean honestly plummer could turn out to be worse here than carr, cause there is a big talent shift from denver to here.

13. texans83

texans83 All Pro

HUGE talent shift, but yea thats what im afraid of, You know they can bring Plummer in but I wouldnt get rid of carr. Make them fight it out, and who knows I mean Plummer has had some success maybe he can teach Carr a thing of two. i just want to win, I would like to see us win with david but we will just have to wait and see.

14. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

Ask the Bears' fans what they think of Rex Grossman. It doesn't matter if the team wins or not, even if they go to the Super Bowl or not. If the fans don't like the QB, they will make their feelings known.

I've said it before, and I will keep saying it. Carr is screwed. He's worn out his welcome. If the Texans happen to start winning, it won't change anything.

I repeat. What do the Bears' fans think of Rex Grossman?:hmmm:

15. texans83

texans83 All Pro

well you will have to look at the owners pointe of view, if your qb getts you to the superbowl then who cares.... I would take my chance obviously he did something good.

16. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

Y'all had better be mentally preparing yourselves for David Carr to be the Texans starting QB in 2007. It'll save you a whole lot of headaches from bashing your heads against the wall.

Like it or not, when you root for the Texans next season, you'll have to root on David Carr, as well. It won't do him or the team any good to boo him, and you either have confidence in Kubiak's judgement, coaching abilties, and leadership...or you don't.

Just remember the Colts game 12/24: a solid, consistent running game, some defensive plays, and a QB that did not lose the game and made some throws when needed. This is our formula under this staff, and it was good enough to beat the Super Bowl champs.

My personal opinions and observations aside, I'm a Houston Texans fan first and foremost. And if that includes cheering for DC another season, then so be it. Just hope for the best.

17. texans83

texans83 All Pro

well put. I agree and I will wear my Carr jersey to every game just to show I still believe!!!

18. real

real Guest

I still stand firm in my beliefs and I don't think there is anyway David is our starter next year...

I seriously doubt he'll be on the team, but If he is, it won't be as a starter....

19. yourfavoritetexan42

yourfavoritetexan42 Veteran

I would much rather have a chance at peterson then end up with two cap casualities in plummer and bell, who aren't even great players.

20. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

Just think, Jim Harbaugh was the Bears QB for 7 straight years...My Dad was from Illinois so I followed the Bears a bit over the years when he was alive....gives me the same feel. edit...he didn't start for the full 7, but I'm just comparing the same scintillating TD production and mediocre overall results. It won't shock me to see Carr start here again.