ESPN Historical College Draft For 2009

Discussion in 'Mock Draft Talk' started by HoustonFrog, Apr 20, 2009.

1. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

Basically they are using this years draft order and using college prospects in history as to what they can pick from. They can only pick them based on their college career. Need is a factor. Fun stuff

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=ages1/090420&sportCat=nfl

2. ObsiWan

ObsiWan Site Contributor

At the risk of getting deported from the United State of Texas (hey, talk to Gov. Rick about that one) I'm going to go against picking the Tyler Rose and address our need at safety by picking Sammy Baugh, DB from TCU. Not only will our secondary be upgraded immediately but since Baugh is an excellent punter, we can use Matt Turk's roster spot for someone else. In fact, Matt Schaub better not come up lame because Slingin' Sammy might not let him get his job back.

Besides, we can always pick up a running back in the 2nd round. There's this kid named Brown, out of Syracuse, that got left out of ESPN's first round. I hear he's fairly decent.
    :D

3. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

What is comical is that they have a big board of who was included and Brown wasn't even on it. I'm assuming because he only was the leading rusher at school his senior year and was 5th in the Heisman. I guess since you are only using college stats you have to be picky

4. ObsiWan

ObsiWan Site Contributor

Yeah, we wouldn't want MelHairGel accusing us of "reaching" for Jim Brown. He's obviously a 2nd/3rd rd pick.
    LOL!

I noticed that there was no way to comment on that big board or that draft. People would blow up their servers b!tchin' about who got left off...

5. Wolf6151

Wolf6151 Hall of Fame

Someone start the deportation process on Obsiwan, at least kick him out of the state. :)

6. Texan4Ever

Texan4Ever Hall of Fame

Funny they have Bosworth going to the Cowgirls, I remember watching a clip of him getting trucked to the endzone by Bo Jackson. Bo Jackson would be a nice fit for the Texans and maybe he can play a little baseball for the Astros to (only if he was available)!

Why do they have busts like Charles Rodgers going back to there former team?

Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
  7. threetoedpete

threetoedpete Hall of Fame

Not many of those guys alive now....but they always use to tell me Baugh was the best pro footbal palyer ever.

8. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

Actually there is a "comments" area..you just have to hit it at the top of the article. That is how ESPN has their comments.