ESPN (and the media in general) hate the Texans!

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by gtexan02, May 24, 2006.

1. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

Ok, now I'm officially convinced. This link has proved it to me:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/index?&lpos=globalnav&lid=gn_NFL_NFL

See that main picture for the main story? If you can't, its a very large picture of Jerry Jones and Bob McNair pointing to something, and the caption reads, "Jerry Jones, left, and other owners have no desire to expand"

What the heck??? Its just JJ and McNair, and you can't even mention who McNair is?? This is getting ridiculous.

PS: I know this thread is sort of silly, but hey, I'm venting and thanks for listening

2. Honch Delgado

Honch Delgado Veteran

Maybe they confused Bob with Malcolm McDowell.

[​IMG]

3. tex

tex Veteran

It's always been like that when it comes to pro teams in H-town.The media doesn't like Houston for some reason.Unless they can report something bad or a Houston team getting beat bad or setting something like a sack record. PS:I guess I'm venting also.

4. CoastalTexan

CoastalTexan Veteran

Houston is a working town, so the media usually doesnt get too many ratings reporting about it unless there is negative news about it. Well thats what I would like to think anyways.

5. Mr. Stugots

Mr. Stugots Guest

I guess they decided not to use his name since he's wearing a vest with a Texan's logo and his team has been the center of attention with the NFL Draft and all for the past couple of months.

6. non natural texan

non natural texan Rookie

WHO CARES!!!

Almost every NFL fan in America knows who Jerry Jones is... in comparison, very few know who McNair is. It wasn't in insult to McNair, when McNair opens his mouth no one cares when Jones does people do.

I doubt anyone is saying to themselves, who is the bald guy with Jerry? Then searching for who it is on the net.

In addition, the web nerd that wrote that likely wasn't thinking I hate the Texans, McNair dosen't get a mention here.

Arrgh!

EDIT: sorry, missed your venting note at the bottom... but still.

7. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

I saw that to and IMO it was an obvious and therefor curious ommisson of an owners names who has become very prominent in his relatively short time on the NFL scene.

8. OzzO

OzzO .. and then?

"Bob McNair, right and a mummified person have no desire to expand." John Clayton wrote the article, I think he knows Bob McNair.

What's interesting though from another thread on this board - looks like he doesn't think it's the Vikings in the possible location, but does have the Jags.
    It's unfortunate for whatever city gets it taken away, been there and it's not pretty.

9. WiiBrawler

WiiBrawler WiiMan

If we go undefeated, ESPN will still hate us

10. Sportsfan

Sportsfan All Pro

lol: now thats funny right there

11. Tex Trenches

Tex Trenches Veteran

It's up the Texans and the way they perform to get national attention, and even then don't expect too much from the east coast bias capital of the world.

Lets give'em some-then to talk about.

Go Texans!!

12. Ibar_Harry

Ibar_Harry Hall of Fame

When the article was 1st posted and it wasn't a feature, McNair's name was mention 1st and then Jerry's. It was only after becoming the feature that McNair's name was removed.

13. kcwilson

kcwilson All Pro

I don't buy it. For months, the talk of everyone was Houston, from the Bush Bowl, to the National Championship, to the signing of Carr, up to the draft, the drafting of Williams, and the aftermath of not selecting Bush.

What has really changed in my mind is that the most marketable, exciting player to come out of college football is in New Orleans now (No, VY was not traded to New Orleans). And everyone wants to know how will they use Reggie.

Since Mario isn't as marketable and recognizable of a figure nationally, the team must bounce back from 2-14 to get the attention, which I believe we will. We will be talked about as one of the best turnaround teams from last year.

I have heard other pro players (Patrick Ramsey) talking about the Texans as one of the biggest surprises for people this year. Mario Williams was just on with Trey Wingo on ESPN the other day.

A 2-14 team doesn't deserve any expsoure nationally, 'what have they done to earn it?', many will ask. Considering the non-factor we were last year in the NFL, I think we are getting much better coverage this off season than last offseason from a national perspective.

14. rafterticket

rafterticket Veteran

Is there some kind of synchronized owner competition at these meetings?

15. jerek

jerek Pro Hobbyist

That is pretty ridiculous ... it's not like Bob McNair doesn't have money and a team all his own.

16. V Man

V Man Pumpkinhead

You have to remember that the NFL, ESPN, and other media didn't even want this team in Houston in the first place. It was only after LA didn't step to the table, and McNair did that we got the Texans. And we haven't really done anything to help them either, whether it is not signing any problem (good media story) free agents, to drafting Bush (who ESPN thinks is the greatest person since Jesus Christ).

17. Bamaborn-Texasbred

Bamaborn-Texasbred All Pro

:tvhorror: ESPN

(eastern sports propaganda network)

18. titan hater

titan hater Veteran

NFL network rules!!!

19. Bamaborn-Texasbred

Bamaborn-Texasbred All Pro

I have cable. Time Warner needs to get their heads of their rear ends and give me some NFL network.

20. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

Yes, an anal cranial extraction is in order.