Ernie Sims

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by Trap_Star, Jan 18, 2006.

1. Trap_Star

Trap_Star SiteContributor

Will sims project better in the nfl as a safety? he's not very big, but is extremely athlethic...it worked for boulware in seattle... what do yall think?

2. YodAa

YodAa All Pro

if I was him I would. 6 0 220 is small for college football. The only way I see this guy staying as an LB in the NFL is if he goes to a 4-3 system that has big DL in front of him

3. F-minus67

F-minus67 Hall of Fame

Isn't he about the same size a Morlon Greenwood?

4. Trap_Star

Trap_Star SiteContributor

i believe greenwood is 235-240.....

5. D-ReK

D-ReK RAWWWRR!

I don't know if I would convert him to safety...He would be a beast at OLB in a cover-2 scheme like Indy runs...He's about the same size as Cato June, who just had a pretty good year at ROLB for the Colts...

6. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

unless you really know what your doing projecting can be very risky, if your job is on the line how confident are you really :challenge Casserly who has shed the blame to Capers is walking a thin line & there is no room for error :bomb:

7. MorKnolle

MorKnolle Hall of Fame

I've seen Greenwood listed anywhere from 220-238, and after seeing him in person I think it's closer to the 225-230 range. Greenwood is pretty small for an NFL LB, and he's not overly quick and he can't tackle, I don't know who duped us into thinking he was a playmaker and passing on better free agent talent at LB, not to mention we paid him as much as the better guys were getting.

8. Jerry

Jerry Veteran

I think Sims would be effective in an Ian Gold/Cato June type role as a speedy, roaming outside weakside linebacker who makes plays.