Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Eric Winston's Mock

his comments on the Dolphins need a pass rush "like something serious" is a tough read. the guy knows better than anyone doing Mocks, that's for sure

The only semi-negative writeup was on Pouncey, "I'm not convinced he's the answer" for the Steelers at 18. Pretty telling because imo, he wouldn't say anything that could remotely be construed as negative towards a player the Texans might be targeting.* I guess this all but seals the Texans are not touching OL in round 1.

*Unless it's a smoke screen!!!

The only semi-negative writeup was on Pouncey, "I'm not convinced he's the answer" for the Steelers at 18. Pretty telling because imo, he wouldn't say anything that could remotely be construed as negative towards a player the Texans might be targeting.* I guess this all but seals the Texans are not touching OL in round 1.

*Unless it's a smoke screen!!!

i doubt Winston is in the war room

No but I seem to remember something about Mario Williams texting Kubiak or Smith right before the Texans 10th selection... it went something like...

Okoye, Okoye, Okoye.

Not saying he affected anything or whatever. Just saying that players do have input to contribute.

He's got a heck of a lot more say in who the Texans pick than we do.

he watches film and has a lot of exposure to coaches, so he most likely knows more about the players than we do (i would hope so), but i don't think his opinion of a prospect means anything

Eric is a smart, involved professional. He was the one player accessible and talking to fans at last year's draft party.

Agreed. I saved the Miami game on the DVR. Once Crowder went down, the game was basically over. when your teams best linebacker is Crowder, that there thingy is a need. the Tuna's problem is there are no Lawerance Taylors on the board. so does he take the next nest thing in Kindel, or slam dunk the back up NT and find a 6'4" 250 prospect later ? I think Miami is prime for a move down if they have any suitors.

No Trent Williams in the first? I dont see that happening but hey, what do I know?

Casserly said last Friday that Trent would be a better pick for Washington because of the ZBS and the Shanahand's cut back blocks than Okong. Since then a bunch of the guru's have piled onto that bandwagon. Athletic trumps better straight ahead run blocker.

Winstons mocks are probably pretty good, except that he probably has a huge aversion to picking anyone that would replace an entrenched starter on our team. Especially OL

Back