Eric Winston vs. Indy?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Wolf6151, Dec 23, 2011.

1. Wolf6151

Wolf6151 Hall of Fame

I didn't see the game, don't have NFL Network and the wife wanted to go out to eat, how did Winston play vs. the Colts? I read on another forum that he gave up another sack and looked slow again. What's you guys opinion of Winstons performance? Thanks.

2. DiscoTuna

DiscoTuna Rookie

Needs to move into guard. Shown over the years he can not handle pass rushers on the outside.

We need someone more athletic, quicker and stronger at RT.

Caldwell looks like junk too, and Brisel isn't too much better. Our right side is a mess.

3. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

I've already made about 5 different posts about this... You can go ahead and rename the thread Eric Winston vs. speed rushers.. he did the same as he always does and has always done his entire NFL career. He got ate up and demolished.

4. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

He dominates pass rushers like Mario (the big guys who's game is built on strength), strength isn't a issue with Winston (reason why he dominates in the running game). It's the fast smaller guys with a quick first step that is his kryptonite.

He may eventually have to be moved inside (he'd be a hellacious pulling guard) and we may need to actually invest a high round draft pick at that position on a guy who's athletic and can stay in front of speed rushers.

5. Norg

Norg Hall of Fame

That about sums it up. U wanna see your team get better in the off season lets add RT to the need list. ......

6. DiscoTuna

DiscoTuna Rookie

Yea, Mathis has been eating his lunch since the day he became the starter. Speedy dudes just had their ways with him and the guy never could figure it out. The Winston experiment at RT needs to end this off-season.

WR and RT - First two rounds.

7. Wolf6151

Wolf6151 Hall of Fame

Thanks, I've been preaching for a while now that Winston needs to be moved to RG because of his short arms and getting slow. He would vastly improve the RG position, vastly improve our O-line depth by moving Brisiel and Caldwell to backups, and get better at RT with a 2nd round draft pick that's more athletic.

8. dream_team

dream_team Hall of Fame

How about have Butler play RT and move Winston inside?

How come out of all of the OL on the Texans, Winston seems to be the most popular? When anyone talks about a potential pro bowler on the OL, they bring up Winston? Brown & Myers are our clear two best lineman.

9. GP

GP Go Texans!

I've been watching him get our QB blown up all season long.

Which usually happens from the QB's BLIND side...not the side where the QB can see the guy coming (which is Winston's side). It takes a special kind of right tackle to do what Winston has been doing all season this year.

Other than Kareem Jackson, I can't think of another Texans player who has been abused and ate up as much as Winston has. This two guys, IMO, are the weakest links on this team.

I used to think QB or WR was a 1st round need in the 2012 draft. Until now. I'm convinced that RT might have to be in the mix for round 1. Because #73 needs to wear a number in the 60s in 2012. Period.

10. Brisco_County

Brisco_County Texans worthy

Clone Duane Brown, problem solved.

11. Maddict5

Maddict5 Hall of Fame

moving winston to rg? couldnt be bothered diging out the 'not this shit again' picture but it fits

why are ppl surprised a RT struggles with speed rushers? geez winston must be the only one of those :rolleyes:

this forum gets pretty dumb after losses

12. NastyNate

NastyNate I go kerplunk

Briesel isn't much better? I think you got a firsthand look at how important continuity is on our starting O-line and why it works so well when we're healthy. Caldwell got destroyed on Thursday, Winston looked okay albeit a few plays. Freeney and Mathis are very good pass rushers and are paid to get to the qb... heaven forbid they do their job.

13. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

Actually, these guys giving up sacks are doing us a big favor, because I'm just waiting for the refs to put a short, pink skirt on our QB just like all the other ones wear. We could use all those yards on offense. Yates could scream at the officials, "He touched me! He touched me!" just like good ole Peyton.

14. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

maybe the refs got confused & thought it was Peyton Manning back there in a Colt uniform? :thinking:

15. IDEXAN

IDEXAN Hall of Fame

Don't remember hearing Dwight Freeneys name spoken all evening after the game started ? What a testimony to how outstanding a game Duane Brown played.

16. Kthx

Kthx All Pro

Its probably because he is a huge asset when it comes to our running game more than his pass rush blocking skills.

17. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

What's really bad, was on one of those sacks, he had help to the outside, he let himself get beat to the inside & he held & he still gave up the sack.

18. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

Duane Brown pwned, in both the run game & passing game.

19. NastyNate

NastyNate I go kerplunk

That play was pretty hard to forget. C'mon MAN!

20. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

Gee I guess Mathis leads the league in sacks and has about 20 already then huh? Oh wait.......he doesn't, hmm I guess not every RT in the league gets their ass kicked by speed rushers. :toropalm:

Next time how about you just don't bother to post at all in threads like this, we don't really need you telling us how "dumb" we are.

Winston is a weak link on the line when he's matched up against players like that and no....not every RT has that glaring hole in their game, it would be "dumb" to think that and to make excuses and write off Winston's inability to stay in front of players like that.