Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Eric Winston signs with Chiefs

HoustonFrog

Dallas Frog
I know this is a joking point of contention with some but this is one reason Winston drove me nuts. That is great that King likes to go to him and that they seem to have a media relationship but I just don't like the constant media stuff with Winston. I know some think this is silly, but it is me. There is more than the quote

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/03/26/meetings/2.html

What it feels like to have your world turned upside down.

I asked new Kansas City tackle Eric Winston, who was unexpectedly cut by Houston and signed a four-year deal with the Chiefs, to write a short piece about what happens when a veteran player gets whacked and has to find a new home. His thoughts:

"The general manager needs to see you" is about the worst thing any professional athlete can hear. Very seldom does any good, at least in the short term, come of it. Around this time of year, as well as the end of August, pro football players hear it too much. When it happened to me the day before free agency began, a few things ran through my mind. They can't be calling to cut me, I thought. But I also doubt that they would call me to the stadium to ask me how my trip overseas to see the troops went......................................