Eric Moulds Show

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Vinny, Sep 26, 2006.

1. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

790am with CP from Sam's boat.....in the 7 o'clock hour

2. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

:homer: sams boat

3. NEROtheZERO

NEROtheZERO Veteran

Thanks for the reminder.

4. Hulk75

Hulk75 Hall of Fame

And he said?

5. dat_boy_yec

dat_boy_yec All Pro

What you would expect him to say. I didn't catch all of it, but what I heard was things like. "As a receiver of course you want to see more passes, but the coaching staff believes in getting the running game going and we do gotta do a better job at that." "I wasn't involved in any personnel decisions, but they're based on what the coach thinks will help the team the most all we can do is try to help the guys that are coming in." He then answered a question about why he chose to come to Houston. I guess someone else can elaborate, but those are just some of the things that I picked up.

6. Texans_Chick

Texans_Chick Utopian Dreamer

Kubiak was very emotional after the game. "Almost crying" Talking about how much our community deserves to win.

Told guys to go home to be with their families and to come back fresh on Monday.

7. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you

Kubiak Cares.

Capers?
    [​IMG]

MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS likes this.
  8. Hulk75

Hulk75 Hall of Fame

That look,^^^^ to the one I have for my Avatar..................

9. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

Gee, I don't see any difference.:yikes:

10. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

Well it is a true statement.. it was true when Capers said it too.. he just couldnt do it.

Honestly id be disappointed if we hired the offensive coordinator that was in charge of the most prolific running game in the last decade..and he WASNT focused on creating that same success here.

11. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

If we wanted to be like the colts then we should have hired Martz or the colts OC as our HC.

12. Rightnow

Rightnow Veteran

Moulds said Kubiak was on the verge of tears?

I agree that the community deserves a win, but I am a bit concerned the guy is tearing up. This could work out, but then again it might go badly. When a man in a leadership position cries before his subordinates it only goes one of two ways, either he gains respect because the subordinates see the passion, or he loses respect because the men see him as weak.

Now I really hope we beat Miami this Sunday or Gary may lose the team for the year.

13. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

It works for Vermeil :D

14. blockhead83

blockhead83 All Pro

My thoughts exactly. People read way too much into Kubiak's maneurisms, much as they did with Capers. Because he sounds depressed in his press conference he isn't confident anymore. Because he got emotional after a bad loss and poor showing in front of a home crowd he isn't displaying the signs of a great leader. That kinda stuff irks me because I think people try to imply that these little ticky tack things are part of the reason why we're losing. It all hinges on success on the field folks, what expression Kubiak wears on the sidelines has no bearing on how we'll do in the game. Success or failure does not teeter on Kubiak's demeanor.

15. Johnny Utah

Johnny Utah All Pro

[​IMG]

Kubiak, you gotta learn to handle it.

16. The Pencil Neck

The Pencil Neck Subscribed Contributor

We could have hired Satan Manning as our HC?

17. wrestler4life

wrestler4life Veteran

To me, crying is not showing weakness. He was showing how much he cares for his team.
    Now, if he asks for a group hug......????????

18. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

Maybe he's crying because he knows this is his shot at being a HC, and he thinks he's blowing it

19. Nbkan

Nbkan Rookie

There's no crying in Football!

I had too, it doesn't bother me one bit, but if it becomes a habit it may...will check in after next week to see what happens, but this week is a must win. We need some damn fire, keep rolling no matter what setbacks we have. Never quit, never give up and dammit lets make some adjustments...be pro-active not re-active.

20. Ibar_Harry

Ibar_Harry Hall of Fame

I wish us well, but its stubborness that seems to be the problem again. We are not a RUNNING TEAM. We do not have the personnel to be a RUNNING TEAM. We have great receivers. USE THEM! So what if its not what everyone else does. USE THEM! I keep saying that's what the 49ers with Walsh and Montana did. Then when they ran the ball they were effective. The passing game set up the running game. Of course that's opposite the norm, but does it really matter.

You see the same thing on the defensive side of the ball. You have to challenge with the blitz and hope they make a mistake because of it. Again, stubborness we need to have the front 4 develop a pass rush. Well, that is BS because we aren't getting it done and we are being eaten alive by long drives we can't stop. 3rd downs have been a nightmare for us.

When Kubiak came here he said all the right things. He said he would do what his players do best. I believed him. His real problem is he simply won't gamble with the truth. The truth is this team does not have the personnel to do it the way he wants to do it. Capers had the very same problem. They wanted to go out and RUN RUN RUN the ball, but they never went out and got solid running backs. They go out and get passing QB's, new excellent TE's and WR's. Now why you do that if you want to run the ball is beyond me.

However, you have some of the best receivers in the NFL so why try to be what you are not. USE THEM! USE THEM! Make the other team sweat. I don't know of any other way to put it.

I still think Kubiak has an excellent mind but he is letting the pressure get to him rather than relaxing and saying you know I do have a lot of talent on this team, but I have to be a flexible coach. A smart coach who should some day be in the hall of fame. All the great coaches adapt to their players rather than having the players adapt to them. That is one of the hall marks of the great coaches. Winning transends their EGO's.