Eric Galko's (TSV) 5 at the Senior Bowl

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by nero THE zero, Jan 26, 2013.

1. nero THE zero

nero THE zero Hall of Fame

In this article Eric Galko of The Sideline View gives 5 players who stood out at the Senior Bowl, and all 5 happen to be at positions of need for the Texans.

Read the article for analysis of each player.

2. IDEXAN

IDEXAN Hall of Fame

I watched practices from Mobil this week on NFL.Net and I remember Trufant, who was very impressive and probably has got himself into the first round. Of course he's already got a brother in the NFL, but I don't think CB is real high on our need-list ? The Rice TE looks like a natural for the Texans offense, only issue from this weeks practice I saw was that he double-clutched on some catchs.
    I'm looking forward to todays game to see who shines ?

3. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

Mid round still seems too high for Goodwin. Straight line speed was his calling card, but I rarely saw it on the field nor making defenders miss on the bubble screens (in big games). He will get jammed at the line and is no TY Hilton, IMO.

4. htownfan32

htownfan32 Hall of Fame

I didn't want to create another Senior Bowl thread, but NC State North QB #8 Glennon is looking better than I expected him to. He looks good this second half.

5. greekdbag

greekdbag Veteran

Purdue DT Short looks really beastly. I wouldn't mind him at NT in between Watt and Smith.

6. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

Well, he had to get better after first half. None of these QBs impressed me, even my guy Dysert. Unfortunately, WRs had less opportunities than I hoped for. Due to length, I'll post my evaluation of game in separate thread.

7. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

How many plays did you see at Nose as he seemed to play mostly 3 tech from off guard. He did have great game as did Brandon Williams.

8. htownfan32

htownfan32 Hall of Fame

I was rather disappointed in Ryan Nassib, though.

9. WolverineFan

WolverineFan Hall of Fame

He played mostly 3 tech. I did see him play the nose toward the end and the OG from Kentucky (Warford) washed him down the line and pancaked him.

I love the guy's penetrating ability, but I don't see a dominating NT. He seems to be a more talented Earl Mitchell. Maybe a lot more talented, but not sure if it's enough to warrant a 1st round pick.