Eric Berry

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by Houston_Breed, Jul 26, 2009.

1. Houston_Breed

Houston_Breed Rookie

2. 76Texan

76Texan Hall of Fame

Wrong forum, I think!

I do like the kid (among others), may be he will be one of the Texans' considerations.

3. Ckw

Ckw Guest

I'm hoping we won't be drafting early enough to get him, so the only way I see it happening is if we trade up.

4. m5kwatts

m5kwatts Hall of Fame

Kid will be a top 7 pick ATLEAST.....he's a big time playmaker

It may sound crass, but I think his safety counterpart at Tennessee Demetrice Morley was even better than Berry, until he got arrested and probably fell off NFL radars completely. He could be had for cheap in next year's draft.

5. Houston_Breed

Houston_Breed Rookie

Well i am thinking that since Mays, Ndamukong Suh, McCoy, Hardy, Tebow, Bradford, etc. That he may fall because of needs at other positions by other teams.

6. awtysst

awtysst Draft Guru

I honestly cannot say much about him now. There are so many players that look like top 10 picks at this point and then fail to deliver in the season. Every year we see kids who are touted as top 10 only to drop into the 2nd or third round when the draft rolls around. Sometimes this is due to injuries.

Anyone remember FS William Moore from Missouri? At one point he was a top 10 pick and then a early to mid first round lock. He ends up getting injured, missed a couple of games, and had his film picked to death. End result: he gets drafted in the late 2nd round. I don't know if Barry will be in this position, but who knows. Lets see what he does on the field this year.

7. bah007

bah007 Hall of Fame

I'm in the same boat as awtysst, but I will add that if Berry keeps improving at the rate he has been, then he will be a top five pick. That's crazy for a DB, but he is that good.

8. 76Texan

76Texan Hall of Fame

What's your prediction for a top five list? I'm just curious! :cool:

9. bah007

bah007 Hall of Fame

Well it is way to far ahead to be accurate but if I had to guess now I would say Berry, Sam Bradford (top QB), Russell Okung (top OT), Carlos Dunlap (top DE), and whichever of the top three DT's fits best (Gerald McCoy, Ndamukong Suh, Terrence Cody). Not necessarily in that order but there's some names for you.