Email from Goodell

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by beerlover, Jan 3, 2011.

1. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

Just received this email from inbox, post for discussion regarding Collective Barginning Agreement -

THANKS & A LOOK AHEAD​

2. Dutchrudder

Dutchrudder COOL BEANS!

I didn't get that email, but thanks for posting it. I think this is the biggest issue right now:

It's interesting how he neglects the amount of play the starters get in those first four games. The starters will definitely play in 18 games each season if the change happens as opposed to their 16 regular games, and about 7-8 quarters of preseason play. Similar playing time, but does it warrant an increase in pay? I don't know, but I would have a hard time trying to sell it as the same amount of work.

3. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

I think the owners acknowledge there would be more playing time for the starters. The thought is the networks will pay more money for converting two preseason games to regular season games and since the cap is tied to revenue the players will get paid more as the cap goes up.

4. Stemp

Stemp Brew Master

He also forgets to mention the owners want to cut the percentage the players get while increasing regular season games and the fact that the owners continue to refuse to open their books to prove why the players should take less.