Eli Manning ... "We knew what they were going to do"

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Hookem Horns, Oct 10, 2010.

1. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

Just listening to sports radio and Eli made a comment that they pretty much knew how the Texans would play. Basically that after watching film they knew pretty much what the Texans would do on both sides of the ball.

Even on TV the announcers were saying something like "It's like the Giants know what plays the Texans are going to call".

Also I found this on a NJ based news site ...

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2010/10/newly_confident_giants_blow_ou.html

It sounds to me that the Texans are getting exposed by better coaches.

2. GNTLEWOLF

GNTLEWOLF All Pro

Thing is, until the Texans catch on that this is what is happening, they are gonna get burned the rest of the season.....and get outcoached by every opponent

3. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

Wait 'till they realize that KJ just lets the WR run into the endzone so he can stand around and cover a ghost at the LOS.

4. Mr. White

Mr. White H-Town Beatdown

I remember reading a report earlier this week that Giants were going to take away our cutback lanes....and then they did it as soon as our offense got on the field. And we never got them back.

They had our number. Apparently, we aren't too hard to figure out for a good defensive coach.

5. Jeff S.

Jeff S. Rookie

Just read a tweet by LZ who echoed what you're saying: pretty easy to see that Fewell was practically sitting in on Texans' game planning. I've been a big defender of Kubiak but this game has really shaken my confidence in him and his staff.

6. BattleRedToro

BattleRedToro Thread Killer

Even worse was when Moose Johnson described how the Giants were defending the ZBS running game and suggested that the Texans sub in Ward and run their man-blocking package to combat that. It's really sad when a TV analyst can identify a problem and suggest a solution for it and our coaching staff can't.

7. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

Sad, but recurring...

8. Brisco_County

Brisco_County Texans worthy

The coaching staff should have expected any team to eventually scheme for this.

9. DexmanC

DexmanC Hall of Fame

You've heard Gary Kubiak say many times, "we just need to worry about 'us.'"
    He believes he's smart enough to beat you with what you know is coming.
    What he doesn't realize, is that only works if you DON'T use a finesse scheme.

10. awtysst

awtysst Draft Guru

Well the finesse scheme works and works well IF you can do 1 of two things well:
    1. Redirect the opposing DL in order to open a hole
    2. Cut block without the ref noticing.

If you cannot redirect the opposing DL, which clearly we cannot do against larger DL (see how we did it against the lighter Colt and Raider DL) and you cannot clandestinely cut block, then the ZBS is neutered. What we need is a hybrid Power/Zone scheme. This requires a stronger Center, stronger RG, and Brown in the game.

11. hradhak

hradhak Site Contributor

Seems to me that most other teams can just watch the game tape and have our number for the rest of the season. We weren't able to break it outside, nor could we cut it back. That's a recipe for disaster with our run game if we can't do either.

I'm still not sure why our passing game sucked so much and has been a week-in week out problem. Have teams figured out how to cover us from last year or is Schaub just not finding open receivers?

12. Dread-Head

Dread-Head Hall of Fame

Eli Manning is a muff-huggin' HACK who got a Superbowl ring by LUCK and because Tom Brady and the Patriots were so damned cocky that they didn't think it was possible for them to lose one. The Texans defense should remember this game and punish him for being such a smug ass the next time they face him.

13. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

There is nothing more devastating than your opponent knowing your every move.

14. BIG TORO

BIG TORO TERADACTYL #23

I say we punish his brother for it in three weeks!

sakebomb likes this.
  15. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

And this is news??? It doesn't take a smartass Yankee QB, the media, or football greats to realize a 10 yr old could call a better game than Gary Kubiak!! PLUS, he is a TOTAL failure when it comes to preparing his team for a game!! Same old same old, each and every game!! We are LUCKY we beat the Skins and the Raiders!! Every coach in the NFL had our number after the Colts game. I said it then, and I'll say it now. We are NOT hard to figure out, and we showed all our stuff at the preseason Cowboy game. Kubiak has not changed a thing!! JMO!!

eriadoc likes this.
  16. BigWig

BigWig Bigimus Wigimus

I think I am starting to agree with you grandma. I thought maybe this was the new Texans, the team that would win the ones they really needed to win, but its starting to look like we are really just the same old Texans, we win some and we lose some, and maybe , just maybe we can win enough to keep us respectable. Don't get me wrong I love my team I am juts hating this roller coaster of emotions we all go through every week. So I suppose since we sucked this week we should have bonfire with the chefs!

17. ArlingtonTexan

ArlingtonTexan Moderator Staff Member

This is one of things we never like to hear, but honestly NFL teams rarely just totally catches the other off guard with what they are trying to do. There way too much film and tendacy study, and from week to week a team will adjust a few things but the core offense and defense are ran over and over. Yoou know that execution thing drives too many of you crazy.

JB likes this.
  18. Pollardized

Pollardized Division Champ

It seems like all game Moose was pointing out things the Texans were doing wrong, then offering solutions. Most of the time I disregard what the announcers are saying, but Moose really seemed to have some insight. I have never been a fan since he was cowgirl, but I wonder if he has any coaching aspirations...

19. Honoring Earl 34

Honoring Earl 34 Hey Koolaid

Our playbook ?

[​IMG]

ATXtexanfan and SheTexan like this.
  20. HTown2ATX

HTown2ATX TexansMetalhead

:lol: