Edgerrin James

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by bah007, Oct 27, 2006.

?

What do you think?

1. The Colts O-Line is just that much better than the Cardinals O-Line

22 vote(s)
    81.5%
  2. He has gotten worse since he got to Arizona

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  3. He looked better in Indy than he really was

4 vote(s)
    14.8%
  1. bah007

bah007 Hall of Fame

This guy has been crying for the ball for weeks now but does nothing when he gets it.

He averaged 4.1 yds per carry in 7 years with the Colts.

Averaging 2.7 yds per carry this year. He leads the NFL with 23 carries per game but is 26th in yds per game with 61.7.

I just wanted to know what your thoughts were on him. I always thought that he was overrated & being in the same backfield as Manning made him look better than he really was, but it could've been the other way around... maybe.

2. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

The guy sucks....... 2.7 ypc. He's just running into the back of his linemen. They need to get rid of him ASAP, and trade next years #1 to pick somebody's back up.

3. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Hall of Fame

The Colts had a very good line (they did block for Peyton Manning). James can't produce in a low-tier line like the Cardinals have.

4. dtran04

dtran04 Hall of Fame

It just shows how important an O-Line really is. No need to invest big bucks into a RB if there aren't any holes.

5. bah007

bah007 Hall of Fame

tell that to ESPN.

6. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

I have never thought of Edge as a great runner, but I do consider him a great running back. Tangible and intangible results do carry weight in this league.

7. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

He's a good enough RB, IMO. But the Cardinals line blows. Some of the hits Leinart has taken have been blind side and unchecked by the line. Edge might have lost a step, but he hasn't seemed to have the holes available to him in Indy.

8. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

Edge hasn't lost a step. We have recently witnessed the best test tube for the RB vs. OL debate in the transfers of Clinton Portis and Edge. OL matters a lot. The truism needs to change to--great RB's exploit what the OL gives them.

And thunderkyss--while there is exploitation involved in Dayne's hump an OL leg maneuver it isn't the same thing as good running.

9. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Hall of Fame

Who thinks Edge would have been good for us?

10. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

But it looks good when Edgerrin James does it??

c'mon. for what our OL has provided, we need a great running back. I'm talking someone along the lines of Walter Payton, Gayle Sayers, Barry Sanders.... lesser backs, like EdgerrinJames, TerrellDAvis, EmittSmith, & Gerome(Jerome)Bettis need something from the OL to exploit. Without that, they're not going to be able to do very much.

11. Hulk75

Hulk75 Hall of Fame

Edge is one of the best in football, nobody could run behind that line, they are terrible

12. Dr. Toro

Dr. Toro All Pro

Edge isn't a home run threat at all... but he's still a consistent, good, tough runner with decent vision, good receiving skills, and excellent at picking up the blitz. I don't know that there are many RB with his mileage that could still pop the long one. Dude has 2349 NFL carries... that's a lot of pounding.

He never was much of a homerun guy... only one career carry out of those 2349 for 45+. I don't think Indy would have offered near enough money to please him.... as much has been made about him grabbing the cash in Arizona, I think Indy realized a lot of guys could run for 1000 yards in that offense and it would be nice to add a little of that big run potential. LT's got 47 carries of 20+ in 1800 carries... Edge has 17 in the 1700 carries post ACL.... Willie Parker has 13 in 400 career carries.