Eat Crow Myers Haters

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by m5kwatts, Nov 3, 2011.

1. m5kwatts

m5kwatts Hall of Fame

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/11/03/stories-of-the-season-taking-center-stage/

Myself and all of the others on here who have defended Chris Myers from the beginning, let's all give ourselves a pat on the back if you haven't already.

The haters? Eat up (yea its a chicken but pretends its a crow) :chicken:

Ole Miss Texan likes this.
  2. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

well, he blew in the beginning so you really didn't look so good defending a guy playing badly...but then again, nobody is arguing that he isn't playing at a different level now.

3. m5kwatts

m5kwatts Hall of Fame

Well I can't speak for all Myers' defenders, but my stance the entire time was give him time and let him develop, as every player deserves a learning grace period. People flipped because he had a few freak plays that looked especially bad and jumped to conclusions.

In fact, if the front office wasn't as irrational and impatient as the Myers haters on this board, maybe they wouldn't have wasted a 3rd round pick on current bust Antoine Caldwell. Mike Wallace was selected 7 picks later.

4. Goatcheese

Goatcheese Nightmare Over

Irony.

5. m5kwatts

m5kwatts Hall of Fame

Um, he was drafted 3 years ago. People wanted Myers released just a few games into his Texans career.

If after 3 years the player can't even get onto the freaking field, over an undrafted guy at that (Brisiel), or a low-cost free agent cut by a 12 loss team the previous year (Wade Smith), then it isn't irrational or impatient to write him off. Myers has started and played almost every snap since he became a Texan. Try again next time, son.

6. Vinny

Caldwell was supposed to be able to play guard too you know. If he was worth a damn he would be in there. You can blame that on scouting. Frankly the FO was very patient with Myers. They plugged him in and showed confidence in him despite his poor play.

7. Goatcheese

Myers sucked his first two years, even coming in as a 4th year vet. So you're saying it's ok for Myers to suck for 5 years but Caldwell is written off after two?

Impatient, irrational, ironic...

8. m5kwatts

m5kwatts Hall of Fame

Huh? Myers never sucked for 5 years. He was an ok, just-a-guy kinda player in Denver but didn't suck. Watch games. He didn't suck his first two years here either, he had some bad isolated snaps that got him alotta negative publicity, but on the whole was solid. He's now become spectacular.

Caldwell has shown basically nothing. How can we even evaluate or compare a player who can't even get on the field? This comparison is ridiculous.

9. TEXANRED

TEXANRED Texan-American

I hated Myers in the beginning. Couldn't, still can't, shake the image of Kris Jenkins throwing him around like a rag doll.

But the last two years he has been a rock at the center position for the last year and a half so good for him.

Lots of players I thought where trash have stepped up this year, Myers, Smith, Cushing. Even Quinn taking over safety has gone better than expected.

10. Goatcheese

Caldwell was expected to start over Brisiel but he has be dealing with injuries.

And yes, Myers SUCKED and got manhandled his first two seasons in Houston.

11. STEEL BLUE TEXANS

STEEL BLUE TEXANS Hall of Fame

You also said Dorin Dickerson would break out this year and be our #2 receiver, but I don't see you making a thread to eat crow about that.

12. Vinny

rim shot :htown2atx:

On the larger topic, can someone please point out a Myers hater? Most people I talk to (that are hard core followers) are all pleased with his play.

13. m5kwatts

m5kwatts Hall of Fame

Caldwell has never been an expected starter. He's done nothing but lose camp competitions for a starting guard spot. The average NFL career is 3.2 years. In year 3, Caldwell is still not even on the field. There's nothing irrational or impatient about casting judgment on this player at this point. Right now, he's the offensive guard version of Antwaun Molden.

Didn't the Schaub throw for the 7th most yards all time with Myers as his center? No QB can do that with a sucky center dude.

14. m5kwatts

m5kwatts Hall of Fame

Hahaha I take full responsibility for that. Go ahead and make a thread and present me my crow, I'll take a full bite.

I'm a man of my word. I'm accountable.

15. Vinny

any player you take in rounds 1,2, or 3 are expected to start eventually.

16. Goatcheese

Go back and read the preseason threads and Texans news. Caldwell started all preseason and was expected to start week 1 vs Indy.

Schaub did. :cow:

17. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

Ya just never know when a guy is gonna turn into something. signed Jacoby Jones. (betcha thought I was gonna say Kareem Jackson)

18. Allstar

Allstar Bona fide

19. Big Lou

Big Lou Stop Clowning

Myers had a high ankle sprain his second season I believe. It happened in camp and I'm sure it never healed completely that year. He has progressed ever since.

20. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

I'll eat crow (pass the salt)
    I wasn't happy with him.

Jenkins posterized him and with the texans failing at short yardage time and time again, he was part of the reasons had reasons at that time