Early thoughts on the Browns game

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Texn4life, Nov 1, 2011.

1. Texn4life

Texn4life Hall of Fame

I'm hoping we can put the fan actions aside and start back talking football again. This Browns game is setting up pretty nice for us to handle our business in a dominant way if we approach the game like we should. Their backfield is banged up and they're ranked close to the bottom in their run defense. Even if Hillis is able to play it's likely he won't be close to being at full strength, so it looks like we're gonna be facing our old friend Chris Ogbannaya. Any early thoughts from anyone heading into the game?

2. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

I think it's going to be another ugly game.

Their run defense doesn't look too formidable, Cj2.9 was able to rush for 101 yards. Gore was able to run over them for 134 yards. But DMC failed to reach 100 yards (91 yards).

It would be nice if we can get Tate & Foster off to another 200 yard rushing attack. Hopefully that will help Matt return at least to the form he showed during the Titans game.

Colt McCoy is pretty mobile, & while we're pretty good at chasing QBs, he's not half bad at making plays on the run. None of their receivers appear "dangerous" but with Colts ability to adlib, they could pose a problem.

But Cleveland has problems scoring points. They are 28th in the league with 15 ppg.

3. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

The Brownies are not as bad as some think. The Texans should win this game, but I wouldn't look past the Brownies to spoil our fun.

AJ should be coming back soon which will help a lot, but any more injuries and our defense is starting to look like an episode of The Walking Dead.

4. TEXANS84

TEXANS84 Moderator Staff Member

I can see it now...

Colt McCoy will end up scoring the game winning touchdown in overtime while running from the 40 yard line and all the UT fans will say "shoulda drafted Colt!".

5. Texn4life

Texn4life Hall of Fame

Running the ball I think will be key from here on out. I'd like to see better balance though from our running game. 33 carries from Foster and 5 for Tate isn't the best of strategies long term in my opinion. I think rotating them more will make them both better.

I agree with you that we've been hit pretty hard as far as major contributors go on our defense. How nice is it though to actually have quality depth now that those injuries aren't so glaring? In year's past that wasn't the case at all.

6. Texn4life

Texn4life Hall of Fame

I still remember having so many mixed emotions from that game. I didn't know whether to cheer or to cry.

Lurvinator11 likes this.
  7. Texanmike02

Texanmike02 Site Contributor

Seriously? Wow. There is no way you should have cheered. This is not college. Cry? CRY? That is an instant man card pull unless it is the AFC conference championship game or deeper. Wow dude... your only two choices were to cheer or cry? You should look into the wave your hand in disgust as you turn away from the television move.

Neg rep your way, sausagefest fan boy.

Mike

76Texan likes this.
  8. Texn4life

Texn4life Hall of Fame

It was a joke dope! Chill out!!!! Wal-Mart has those extra sensitive tampons if you need them.

And the negative rep thing is supposed to scare me somehow? Wow dude! Just Wow!

GuerillaBlack likes this.

9. Kthx

Kthx All Pro

Browns are a good up and coming team but I don't think their Oline is going to hold agaisnt our Dline, I don't think McCoy (Keenam's better go Cougs) is going to have very much time to let go of the ball, and I think well end up picking the guy off several times. Hillis and Hardesty are out so that means we can pay even more attention to the passing game. Really what I want to see out of this game is Schaub making good use of his time in the pocket and completing a solid, error free game again.

10. BigBull17

BigBull17 Hall of Fame

I think the Browns struggle. A lot. No MJD, Colt can't really stretch the field, and no real weapon outside of Cribbs. I'd just not punt. And onsides kick.

11. Texn4life

Texn4life Hall of Fame

Yeah, Cribbs is the only player on their team that scares me. I don't see any way they're able to consistently run the ball against us, so as long as we're successful on early downs like we have been the past couple of games then I think we'll be great.

12. IDEXAN

IDEXAN Hall of Fame

I don't know, but my impression was that the Browns were comparable to the Jags in that they had a solid defense, especially vs the run ? But I think I'm hearing here that that's not the case at all ? What are the strengths of the Cleveland team ?

13. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

If I were Kubiak, I'd post the score of the New Orleans Saints vs. St. Louis Rams game this past Sunday in the team meetings and then say "And you lost to the Saints" and walk out the room. Plain and simple.

eriadoc likes this.
  14. Texn4life

Texn4life Hall of Fame

Coming into the season it was their running game, but that's not the case anymore. They only true strength they have is that they don't give up a ton of big plays on defense, and they don't turn the ball over a lot so it keeps them in most games.

15. Texanmike02

Texanmike02 Site Contributor

Slow your flow man. It was a joke, as evidenced by the fact that I didn't actually neg rep you. I'll pick you up some pads next time I'm at Wal-Mart. PM me your addy and I'll mail them to ya.

:ahhaha:

Mike

16. Texn4life

Texn4life Hall of Fame

Sounds like a plan...... You can never have too many of those.

17. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

So, are you two dating now? Get your own forum before I neg rep everyone in here. Including myself for wasting perfectly good electrons in this post.

Can you neg rep yourself? Even if you could, it somehow sounds nasty.

76Texan likes this.
  18. Texn4life

Texn4life Hall of Fame

I'm in a weird place in my life right now so I'm currently unavailable....... Its not him, its me. :ahhaha:

Back to the Brownies now!

19. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

I'm remember some excellent brownies back in the 70's. :)

20. TejasTom

TejasTom Heisenwatt

I was cussing and I couldn't believe people in Texan's jerseys were cheering.