Earl Thomas declares eligible

Discussion in 'Mock Draft Talk' started by rickyb, Jan 9, 2010.

1. rickyb

rickyb Scarlet is hot.

(Former) Texas S Earl Thomas has declared himself eligible for the 2010 NFL Draft. source: News 8 Austin, Jan 9, a.m. news

2. awtysst

awtysst Draft Guru

not a surprise. I think he will be gone by the time the Texans pick though. I see him in the 12-15 range. Not 19 or 20.

3. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

I think a big part will be if teams think he can actually play a little CB in their system within the framework of their roster? If a team has a big need for CB & Haden as expected gone in the top 10 look for a team like San Francisco to snap him up.

a lot of people make the mistake of categorizing great players @ one position when in fact they have the ability to play multiple positions, depending on team needs & how well they fit the system. this is the true measure of both the player & GM to find a perfect fit & adapt to each individual situation :kitten:

thunderkyss likes this.
  4. mariowillshine15

mariowillshine15 Hall of Fame

Thomas & Pollard. The 2010 Hit Parade!

5. Mailman

Mailman Pwned by Hakeem

Oh how I would love to see him drafted by the Texans. He can tackle, he can hit, he can run, and he can get the ball. I think he would be a game-changing asset to our young, emerging defense and drafting him would help make peace with the petty hornfans who refuse to let go of the 2006 draft.

6. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Agreed

At 190lbs Thomas is going to have to prove he can play some CB. I'm confident he can do this.

Thomas is a great instinctive football player who can play anywhere in the secondary. IMO

If he's there at 20 Smithiak should take him. Thomas is a playmaker and other than Pollard the Texans dont have any playmakers in there secondary.

7. rickyb

rickyb Scarlet is hot.

When is your next mock?

8. Texan4Ever

Texan4Ever Hall of Fame

Earl Thomas would be a nice addition to our defensive secondary, just imagine if we can get two solid CBs with Bernard Pollard at strong safety and then Thomas at free safety...man, that would be awesome!

He may be short (5'10") but he is a ball hawk who can also lay the hammer on people. At 197-lbs he has the ability to add more bulk but overall aside from a physical standpoint he is a solid player.

9. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

working on it :evil:

10. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

Earl Thomas would be more ideal for us because he fits what we can do with him. Most likely Eugene Wilson will come back and start the first part of the season. This will give Thomase a chance to learn his position from a real pro. The way he can make an immediate impact for our team as a first rounder is, he can cover in nickel and dime packages because he indeed does have cover skills.

11. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

As Paul SImon sang "Slip sliding away. Slip sliding down to Houston where he can play all day"..