EaglesvsTexans

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Texans#1, Jun 12, 2006.

1. Texans#1

Texans#1 Rookie

k Guys are first game of the season will be a hard one to try to win but if are Defence step up to make plays then i think that we could get that win.

What do you Guys think that we need to do to WIN WEEK1.

GO TEXANS!!!!

2. Texans#1

Texans#1 Rookie

K guys are first game of the Season will be hard to get a WIN in WEEK1 but i think that are Defense will step up and make plays then i think that we could get that WIN

What do you Guys think that what we have to do to get that WIN in WEEK1

GO TEXANS!!!

3. Bearfan Blue and Orange

Bearfan Blue and Orange Veteran

Break McNabb in half. I am thinking of a Mario Williams clothes line just like old school!!!

Plus it would make me feel better about him knocking us out of the play offs in his "homecoming" back to chicago in 2001 season. The last season in our old stadium.

4. Tex Trenches

Tex Trenches Veteran

I was just starting to enjoy the absence of HARRYJ. :tease:

5. TEXANRED

TEXANRED Texan-American

As I said in another thread, there number one receiver wasen't even good enough to play for a 2-14 team.

Go Texans.:superman:

6. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

Gaffney isn't their #1. Their top three, Reggie Brown, Todd Pinkston and Greg Lewis would all have good to great shots at playing for the Texans, just as #3 or below behind AJ and Moulds.

7. TexanFan881

TexanFan881 Hall of Fame

Actually Gaffney wasn't bad when AJ was out. Just because we did bad doesn't mean every position on the team was bad. AJ is a pro bowl reciever, of course Gaffney wouldn't start over him. And Gaffney is probably going to be a #2 or #3 in Philly considering they are really high on Reggie Brown and Todd Pinkston has recovered from his season ending injury last year and he was the #1 before the T.O. era and did well.

8. Eagles78

Eagles78 Rookie

Eagles had a buttload of injuries and still had a better record than you guys

9. TexanFan881

TexanFan881 Hall of Fame

We were pretty horrible last year. That doesn't make you better than us this year.

10. Mr. White

Mr. White H-Town Beatdown

I expect a Texans upset in a real ugly game. Final score: 7-6. :twocents:

11. bayoudreamn

bayoudreamn Veteran

Our record was 2-14. If the Eagles need to compare themselves to a 2-14 to try to make excuses for their season, that's the Eagles problem. It's also par for the course in Eagle Country.

12. hollywood_texan

hollywood_texan Hall of Fame

I think the preseason games will be good indicator of what to expect, similar to what happened last year.

If the offseason looks terrible, it could be a long day against the Eagles unless the defense becomes the monster I think they will become.

13. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

Do you know if the Broncos have typically placed more emphasis or less on winning pre-season games? Coaches differ on how they approach pre-season. For Capers it was all about player evaluation and nothing about winning. Parcells has typically tried to win. Just curious.

14. Eagles78

Eagles78 Rookie

How are the Texans better than the Eagles? Even with no recievers the Eagles offense is better than the Texans and the addition of Williams will not affect your entire defense as most of you guys think

15. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

Too early......

I like to get through camp to see how the teams doing and what players are still healthy

16. Texans#1

Texans#1 Rookie

K guys we have a thought game in Week1 but if are Defence septs up to there abilatie then i think that we will get the Victory in Week1.

What do you guys think that we need to do in week1 to get that WIN

GO TEXANS!!!

17. Khari

Khari Administrator Staff Member

how many of these r u gonna post:spy:

18. hollywood_texan

hollywood_texan Hall of Fame

It's a good question, and normally I really don't put a lot into preseason games.

But, last year it was plainly clear to me when they played the Cowboys it was going to be rough year regardless of evaluation or trying to win.

I think it still holds true this year. They really need to start off on the right foot and early this year. Just my hunch though.

19. WiiBrawler

WiiBrawler WiiMan

Well for one thing you guys actually had coach that can coach, plus you guys were 4-2 before the TO mess started,then you guys went 2-8 afterwards.you guys got murdered by the Seahawks at home on Monday Night Football 42-0,Im sure the Texans could have beat you guys if we played you that time,again where are you coming from?

Oh yeah Donovan McNabb will be seeing a lot of Mario Williams in his face come gametime

20. HOOK'EM

HOOK'EM Veteran

.........don't forget the Eagles play in the NFC, we have more good teams in the AFC South than the whole NFC!texanpride