Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Eagles trade for number 2 overall

So do the Iggles dump Bradford or what?

I would not. Actually, let which ever dude sit for a half season to a season unless the guy appears really ready.

BTW this means the Eagles either "know" who the Browns are taking and/or they grade Wentz and goff close enough that they don't care. I am betting more on the first than the 2nd.

So do the Iggles dump Bradford or what?
The just signed him and guaranteed $22 Million of the contract, so no - they don't dump him. But they can trade him and "only" incur dead money of $11 Million. And oh yeah - they've also got $12 Million guaranteed to Chase Daniel - including this years and most of next years base salary.

I would not. Actually, let which ever dude sit for a half season to a season unless the guy appears really ready.

BTW this means the Eagles either "know" who the Browns are taking and/or they grade Wentz and goff close enough that they don't care. I am betting more on the first than the 2nd.
the NFLN talking heads are speculating that Goff goes to LA and Wentz goes to Philly

Who made the better deal? Browns or Titans?

Browns Get
2016 #8 overall
2016 3rd rounder
2016 4th rounder
2017 1st rounder
2018 2nd rounder

Browns Lose

2016 #2 overall
2017 4th rounder (conditional)

Titans Get

2016 #15 overall
2016 2nd rounder (43 & 45)
2016 3rd rounder
2017 1st rounder
2017 3rd rounder

Titans Lose

2016 #1 overall
2016 4th rounder
2016 6th rounder

This does say - to me at least - that RGIII will be the opening day starter for the Browns

I agree. I'm sure these QBs agents know who is going where.

This does say - to me at least - that RGIII will be the opening day starter for the Browns

Yeah. I was not expecting that at all. They may want to go Lynch for a developmental guy, but now I'm not so sure they don't think they're OK at QB. Or something.

I has a confuzzlement about this development.

Reactions: JB
Yeah. I was not expecting that at all. They may want to go Lynch for a developmental guy, but now I'm not so sure they don't think they're OK at QB. Or something.

talking heads and mock drafters going apesh!t

talking heads and mock drafters going apesh!t
starwars4_clip11.jpg

I feel a great disturbance in the Force
it's as if millions of mock drafters have cried out horror as their boards have just made instantly worthless

Cleveland will probably want to trade up into the first round and get the Texans pick to use on Lynch. This will allow them to add to their rich history of taking QB's with the #22 pick. :kitten:(well, mostly)

$19M on Bradford. $7M on Daniels.

Whichever QB they draft (if they draft a QB) there should be no way that guy sees the field... unless it's mop up duty, or a blow out. They should be able to bring him along slowly as I think Daniels is signed for three years.

How about that Foles for Bradford trade.
$19M on Bradford. $7M on Daniels.

Whichever QB they draft (if they draft a QB) there should be no way that guy sees the field... unless it's mop up duty, or a blow out. They should be able to bring him along slowly as I think Daniels is signed for three years.

Whichever one, they start half the season.

Who made the better deal? Browns or Titans?

Browns Get
2016 #8 overall
2016 3rd rounder
2016 4th rounder
2017 1st rounder
2018 2nd rounder

Browns Lose

2016 #2 overall
2017 4th rounder (conditional)

Titans Get

2016 #15 overall
2016 2nd rounder (43 & 45)
2016 3rd rounder
2017 1st rounder
2017 3rd rounder

Titans Lose

2016 #1 overall
2016 4th rounder
2016 6th rounder

Give me Philly, Browns deal.

Browns didn't have to drop out of the top 10.

Plus there's a very good chance the Browns will have two high #1's to go get their QB next yr.

So now the interesting part of this draft is how 3, 4 and 5 go, what say you????

#3 San Diego =
#4 Dallas =
#5 Jacksonville =

I'm thinking Dallas goes Bosa regardless, and if SD takes Tunsil then Jax takes Ramsey or vice versa.

Last edited:
I forgot about the Foles and Bradford trade. It looks like another mans trash was another mans trash. That's irony right there.

Well, even better
On draft night, with the Browns sitting at No. 26 in the first round, with Derek Carr and Teddy Bridgewater (who a six-figure, team-issued analytical study determined was the best QB in that draft) still on the board, Cleveland traded a third-round pick to Philadelphia to move up to 22nd and do just as that dude on the street instructed.

Doubt it, this team needs all the picks they can get. Wentz or Goff better become elite (not just above average) or their franchises will be set back for years to come.

I'm not in favor of the deal, that's not where I'm going. Just want to remind everyone how we were just talking about the RGIII trade not setting the Redskins back far, if at all.

I'm not in favor of the deal, that's not where I'm going. Just want to remind everyone how we were just talking about the RGIII trade not setting the Redskins back far, if at all.

The Redskins made they playoffs RGIII's rookie yr and again this yr. I will not say it didn't set them back, but not as far as you are making it out to be.

With McCloughan running the show for the Redskins I see them competing for the division title for many yrs to come. The guy is a tireless working witch when it comes to the draft and he wont be put under restrictions such as Redskins worthy.

The Redskins made they playoffs RGIII's rookie yr and again this yr. I will not say it didn't set them back, but not as far as you are making it out to be.

With McCloughan running the show for the Redskins I see them competing for the division title for many yrs to come. The guy is a tireless working witch when it comes to the draft and he wont be put under restrictions such as Redskins worthy.

Bradford is starting for the Eagles this season, at least until he gets hurt. That much is an absolute certainty, barring Wentz coming in and just dominating a QB competition, which isn't likely.

But after this season the Eagles could move Bradford and only incur a 5.5M hit, which seems like a lot but they would still save 17M against the cap, which would make the move very much worth it.

I think Bradford starts all year. Daniel is the backup.

Next year Wentz competes with Daniel. And I'm sure the Eagles are hoping it's not even a competition.

Bradford is starting for the Eagles this season, at least until he gets hurt. That much is an absolute certainty, barring Wentz coming in and just dominating a QB competition, which isn't likely.

But after this season the Eagles could move Bradford and only incur a 5.5M hit, which seems like a lot but they would still save 17M against the cap, which would make the move very much worth it.

Almost. $4M of his 2017 is guaranteed except for injury. So if he doesn't get hurt, the Eagles are paying him $4M regardless. Then there's the $5.5M pro rated portion of his signing bonus to be accounted for. The Eagles would have to foot $9.5M if they were to cut Bradford before June 1st.

However, he's set to earn an addtional $9M in salary plus a $4M roster bonus. His total cap hit would be $22M if he plays for them in 2017. Since the whole $22M is projected to count against their cap now, if he were cut they're only responsible for the $9.5M dead money. They still save $13M against the cap.

So basically you're right. It's cheaper to dump him.

But it's not outside the realm of possibility that he plays well enough to get them in the play offs. & there's nothing wrong with Wentz/Goff going into next season holding a clip-board (not that you said there was).

Jerah Jones just screwed himself by not trading up for Goff/Wentz and allowing division rival Philadelphia this opportunity to make Jerah regret his decision for the next 15 years.....yes I think this funny but I'm not LOL.

I agree. I'm sure these QBs agents know who is going where.
They have the same agent. This is a pretty good Indicator that Los Angeles is it going to take golf since it's been reported that the Eagles really like Wentz

Jerah Jones just screwed himself by not trading up for Goff/Wentz and allowing division rival Philadelphia this opportunity to make Jerah regret his decision for the next 15 years.....yes I think this funny but I'm not LOL.
No worries for Jerry. Johnny Football is still available.

Almost. $4M of his 2017 is guaranteed except for injury. So if he doesn't get hurt, the Eagles are paying him $4M regardless. Then there's the $5.5M pro rated portion of his signing bonus to be accounted for. The Eagles would have to foot $9.5M if they were to cut Bradford before June 1st.

However, he's set to earn an addtional $9M in salary plus a $4M roster bonus. His total cap hit would be $22M if he plays for them in 2017. Since the whole $22M is projected to count against their cap now, if he were cut they're only responsible for the $9.5M dead money. They still save $13M against the cap.

So basically you're right. It's cheaper to dump him.

But it's not outside the realm of possibility that he plays well enough to get them in the play offs. & there's nothing wrong with Wentz/Goff going into next season holding a clip-board (not that you said there was).

There's a provision in Bradford's contract that only has the Eagles responsible for $5.5M in dead money for 2017 if he's cut before March 1, 2017. Also, if he's cut after March 1, whoever picks him up is responsible for that 4M in dead money, assuming Bradford is paid enough. So, it looks like the Eagles will save 17M against the cap for 2017 after they get rid of Bradford. Then the extra $5.5M becomes available in 2018.

Daniels can be cut in 2018 for a savings of 7M, but his contract isn't so bad. They may opt to keep him on as a backup.

The Eagles also cleared a lot of contracts this offseason. They will need to pay Fletcher Cox, but are in a favorable cap situation now.

I like the situation for the Eagles. They paid a lot but I like their options at QB and that's a huge part of the battle to the top.

Could Philly surprise everyone and not go QB with #2? Could they covet Ramsey or Bosa that high?

Amazing....
Now I'm LOL!

I'm not sure that this guy has done his homework. Philly will end up with the best QB they've had in the last 30 years whether they get Goff or Wentz.

Interesting... So the Eagles seem to know, who the Rams will take or they do prefer 2 guys.

Goff and Wentz share the same agent so there is a good chance the Eagles understand who will be their guy at #2.

Last edited:
Bradford reportedly seeking a trade, willing to take pay cut.

Link

Hello Denver, just a guess by me, no link yet. Philly could get back the 2nd RDer they gave for Bradford and Denver could get the price they want to pay for their QB. The question is would Philly eat $18MM in dead cap $$$ to Git-R Dun? My guess is yes they would, this seems to be the year to fix all things Chip Kelly related.

Last edited:
Back