Eagles name O-Line coach new D-Coordinator

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by ChampionTexan, Feb 2, 2011.

1. ChampionTexan

ChampionTexan Site Contributor

Interesting (Not just their new DC, but who his replacement as O-Line coach will be).

LINK

2. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

Clearly a franchise that only cares about money and not winning as they don't go for a proven winner for the position.

3. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

Wow. That's gutsy.

I've often wondered how coaches become so pigeon-holed in their careers. Maybe that's because when I played, we didn't have offensive or defensive coordinators. Just coaches. One year a guy might coach defense, the next offense. Do you know the game or not? A good football coach should be able to coach any position if he understands the game.

In this age of micro-specialization it's surprising, make that shocking, to see such a move. Andy Reid gets the benefit of doubt because of the success he's had over the years. Still, he'll pushing all of that benefit to the middle of the table on this call. Good luck.

4. The Pencil Neck

The Pencil Neck Subscribed Contributor

Wow. That's unusual.

It's rare to see a guy bounce around like that.

OTOH, our own OC started off as a linebacker.

5. Texan4Ever

Texan4Ever Hall of Fame

Memo to the Texans organization: PLEASE IN ALL OF GODS GLORY DO NOT EVEN THINK OF THIS! I wither in pain thinking what would happen if we did what the Iggles just did.

Can you imagine that? :wadepalm: