Eager Titans ready to bounce back vs. Houston

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Wolf, Sep 14, 2009.

1. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/12207501

2. jaayteetx

jaayteetx Hall of Fame

I'm hoping the Texans can bounce back and are able to throw the ball against the Titans like the Steelers did but I think Ryan may have given the blueprint to the rest of the league on how to beat this team. I'm not too optimistic on us picking up a "W" in week 2.

3. rmartin65

rmartin65 I'm Score

An eager Titans team will wipe the floor with the team we saw on Sunday. The Texans are in trouble, unfortunately.

4. Goatcheese

Goatcheese Nightmare Over

We'll be ready. The Titans had better bring their game face. The Texans are gonna bus'em in da mouf. :texflag:

5. Jackie Chiles

Jackie Chiles Hall of Fame

We usually play them pretty close, if I had to guess I would say we come out on the short end of the stick again in a decent game. Obviously if we play like we did yesterday it will be a massacre.

6. Fox

Fox All Pro

I want to see us at least compete. Give me something to cheer about. Another embarrassment and it's gonna get down right nasty.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2009
  7. euro-Texan

euro-Texan All Pro

This one is on Kubiak. Hopfully he spends this week getting the Texans ready to win and not polishing the sword he plans to fall on.

I doubt Fisher will let the Tacks overlook us, The real players on this team should be angry and ready for smashmouth football.

Plus, we should have Walter, Wilson and Reeves back. And god willing Caldwell will be under center cause some things just ain't gonna change in a week.

8. BSofA04

BSofA04 Hall of Fame

Reeves will be back and will help us negate Nate Washington's speed. Hopefully Eugene Wilson will be back too because Ferguson got lit up.

9. Houston_Fanatic

Houston_Fanatic Veteran

They won't overlook us. Fisher - UNLIKE KUBIAK - always has his team prepared and ready to go from the very first game to the last.

I hope Grossman is ready to go with our offense because even w/o Haynesworth they are still a very physical team and Ben Taub Schaub could end up hurt again.

Andrew6 likes this.
  10. GP

GP Go Texans!

Isn't it funny that we played the Jets and the Titans in the first two games?

Wasn't "Titans" the original name of the Jets? Yes it was (see here).

It's like we can't escape it.

:tinfoil:

11. Norg

Norg Hall of Fame

"Texans are gonna bus'em in da mouf"

I see u been drinking some of Kubes Cool Aid :wesmantexanfan:

12. DBCooper

DBCooper Outlaw

The Titans looked good against a really good football team. We looked pathetic. Something has got to change the mentality of this team. Good is not good enough.

Fisher overlook anything? No way.

13. Goldensilence

Goldensilence hipster elite

This just doesn't bode well for the Texans.

Titans lost a heartbreaker in OT against defending world champs and we looked like a lost highschool team against a good 9-7 team last year. They would've made the playoffs had Brett not imploded down the stretch.

I just hope to see signs of life this week in practice, hell I'd love to see an upset team overall in any presser now.

14. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

The Rams could bounce back by playing a team like the Texans fielded this past Sunday.

15. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

Maybe Kubes can take the Texans over to Cullen Blvd. this week, and let the Texans practice against a team with some sack and some heart.

16. OzzO

OzzO .. and then?

Well, at least there will be an immediate sword (or tack) in proximity for Kubiak to fall on, if need be, after the game proclaiming "just didn't execute"... I mean.... "it's all on me".

17. Silver Oak

Silver Oak Hall of Fame

barely a week goes by when Inbred fans don't have a thread going about Fisher. many say he's too conservative and plays not to lose, rather than play to win. the Fisher bashing rally takes off when they make the playoffs, so Fisher ain't perfect.

18. HTown2ATX

HTown2ATX TexansMetalhead

SERIOUSLY! I was just thinking, even though the kids on the COOGS squad would get crushed in a game against any NFL team physically (well, except maybe the Texans), at least they would play balls out and show some emotion. At this point, aside from Andre Johnson, Leach, Mario, Ryans and Cushing, I would rather watch that whole coogs team suit up for the Texans and support that more even in defeat than the crapfest I saw Sunday!

C'mon Texans...get it together! I know it was "just one game" (GOD HOW OLD IS THAT TUNE?!?!?!), but a playoff hopeful team does not show up looking like that week 1 dangit!

Anyone see the Raiders game last night? Yeah, I'm thinking that may not be a cupcake game. See the Bills come o' so close to winning IN New Englands house? Did you see ANY of the highlights from ANY of the other NFL games week 1? Unless I missed some highlights, the Texans, at least for week 1, looked like the worst team in the league.

C'mon Texans...prove me right in all my trash talk to cowgirl fans in the offseason! :doot:

:fans:

Texan_Bill likes this.
  19. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

Personal foul! 15 yards, automatic first down. Titans proceed to score a touch down.

20. Titansfan3801

Titansfan3801 Rookie

Looking forward to a good game this week, but I think you're in for a long one. I don't think it's really up for debate that we looked like the better team this past weekend. I only hope that we show up again to get ourselves back even.

I know there are some Titans that have been looking forward to a rematch after last year's loss. I don't expect it to happen again. Good luck, see you in Nashville this weekend.