Dutchrudder's Jersey Order Extravaganza!

Discussion in 'Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear' started by Dutchrudder, Sep 10, 2011.

1. Dutchrudder

Dutchrudder COOL BEANS!

Ok, I'm willing to coordinate an order with a FEW people. It's not that I don't like all of you, I just want to keep it simple and not have to muck with trying to get 30 people to pickup jerseys. First and foremost, I have never done meth or any hard drugs, and I have a very good job at a large oil company, which pays me well enough. So chances are 100% that I'm not trying to screw anyone over to fund my bad habit (or anything else), however I am a very frugal person so cheap jerseys are right down my alley :D

I don't really want to have to track people down for this, so I'll make this easy. I know I want two jerseys, 1 JJ Watt white jersey (I have a good feeling about this guy), and 1 legacy Nolan Ryan jersey. As long as I get a couple more people with a total of at least 8 jerseys ordered, I will go through with it for sure. In fact, I want to keep this order to a minimum number of people, so I'll start by only accepting orders for multiple jerseys only. Once I get to ~12 total jerseys ordered, I will square away the details with everyone involved and THEN ask for payments. I live 2 blocks from Bubba's bar on Washington, so I will definitely make it out to some away games this year if the Blue Crew is planning on tailgating there. If nothing else, I'm happy to meet you there whenever. It's no inconvenience for me to head over there for 10 minutes, so long as YOU are ok with meeting me there. If you live in Dallas, you have to make the drive down, not me.

So here's how we will do this in extreme detail because once the order is made, it's set. I do not accept returns, but if the store makes a mistake I'll get it fixed :)

Step 1: Go to this site and shop around:

http://www.jerseysnfljerseys.name/nfl-jerseys-houston-texans-c-16_90.html

Another poster mentioned they used them HERE, so I'm willing to give them a shot. I haven't used them before, but if there are major objections we can change it.

Step 2: Determine exactly which jerseys and sizes and colors you want.

Step 3: How I want YOU to post your order request to me in this thread:
    That is, Name of the jersey, color and size spelled out to the T so that no mistakes are made on the order. I also want you to link the item so there is definitely no confusion about what you want. This will ensure accuracy in the order.

Step 4: Wait until I get enough people in on the deal. I will PM everyone and post in this thread once we reach the limit.

Step 5: Once the people and jersey details are confirmed, I will ask for payment of $25 a jersey through Paypal. I'll give out my email address at that time and PM you all my phone number in case you need to call me about it.

Step 6: Once the order arrives at my house, I'll notify everyone and post some pics in the thread. We can work out your pickup date/time at Bubba's bar on Washington. The next away game will likely be the best option.

Step 7: If you are happy with your order and how it went, no tip necessary. Instead, throw $10 or more in the TTalk donate pile. I'm sure Kevin will appreciate it. Put those savings to good use :)

Ok, I think that covers it. I'm open to suggestions if needed. If I don't get enough interest to make a full order, I will open it up to single jersey requests.

Edit: it just occurred to me that this is probably how Groupon started...

Edit 2: Forgot to mention, first come, first served. Post/PM if you want in.

Kimmy likes this.
  2. MojoMan

MojoMan Hall of Fame

You might want to check in with swtbound07. I think he has some experience with this sort of thing and may still have a few left over jerseys around.

Just saying. :stirpot:

chicagotexan2 likes this.
  3. Dutchrudder

Dutchrudder COOL BEANS!

That's why I put in the meth disclaimer...

:kitten:

4. Yankee_In_TX

Yankee_In_TX Dance Lindsay!

Duuuuuuuuuuude, you're killing the guy selling them for $65.

5. Dutchrudder

Dutchrudder COOL BEANS!

I know, that's why I ask the people who order to donate to TTalk. I figure if you're saving ~$40 on each jersey, then you can spare $10 :)

6. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

7. Kimmy

Kimmy RealGirls LvFB!

8. Yankee_In_TX

Sooo... Can anyone I know on here IRL vouch for Dutchrudder IRL? And no vouchers accepted from Nitro or TexanMike :P

9. Dutchrudder

Dutchrudder COOL BEANS!

You can friend me on Facebook if you want. facebook

I met a few of the posters last year at a TTalk meetup at Bubba's. Thorn, Honoring Earl, JB, JT, TB, Cak, Doc, Andrew6, etc. But I don't go to the games much, so I haven't really tailgated with the group. I'll definitely make it out to some of the away game tailgates though.

Only need 2 more jerseys to get this order going, so you would be it.

10. MannyFresh

MannyFresh El Capitan

Don't forget self proclaimed World Series of Poker player who likes hood rats for girlfriends.

11. NitroGSXR

NitroGSXR Super Sic #58

Well... there you go! Financial security lies in the facebook

:)

I'd happily order one from you. Just not in the market for a new jersey right now.

12. Yankee_In_TX

Thanks, I'll ask some of them and as long as they know who you are I'll have an order in a few days :)

13. Dutchrudder

Dutchrudder COOL BEANS!

Bueller...?

14. chicagotexan2

chicagotexan2 IDBLDogDareU

can someone fill me in on the 'incident'?

[​IMG]

Bueller?

Last edited: Sep 12, 2011
  15. disaacks3

disaacks3 Site Contributor

16. Dutchrudder

Dutchrudder COOL BEANS!

Thanks Disaacks, with you, Kimmy and Herv that makes 11 so I'll cut it off there.

Don't worry if you missed out on this one, it's a trial run for me. I will likely do another order in a couple weeks once I see this one go well. If anyone would like to get on the list for the next order, feel free to PM me or post in this thread what you want and I'll add you to the next one.

17. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

Local only or will you mail the jerseys too? I'd like to get in on the order, but can't pick them up in person for obvious reasons.

18. Dutchrudder

Dutchrudder COOL BEANS!

I'll be willing to ship them on the next order. Drs23 asked about that as well, so I told him to wait until the first one is finished, then I'll open it up for a second order and ship things for those of you elsewhere. PM or post what you want and I'll put you on the list.

19. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

Ok, I'll think about it. In the meantime, I may ask a local buddy to see if he can pick them up/meet for them in person.

For anyone reading this who knows me, if you'd like to pick them up and hold them for me until christmas I'd be super grateful!

20. Dutchrudder

Dutchrudder COOL BEANS!

In case anyone wants to look at it here, this is what the order looks like in the shopping cart. Waiting on payments before executing it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]